Sign in to follow this  
NinjaPicklez

DayZ Standalone Graphics problem

I have been playing dayz for quite some tyime now, and I always found myself with this problem.

I was usually able to fix it by changing the resolution, bur now even that wont do anything.

it happens after about 5-10 minutes after i start to play. when this happens, the game becomes so laggy, the fps is horrible, and i dont know what to do.

ive seen people post videos of the same problem on youtube but still havent heard of a way to fix it.

i only have a picture of what it looks like.

http://postimg.org/image/j0v01f50p/

if you'd like to see a video, heres a link. thats not me in the video, but that is what happens.

does anyone know of a way to fix this?

System specs !

What measures have you taken to try and fix this issue.

It appears that your settings are very low, do you meet the minimum recommended requirements ?

Try deleting your DayZ game profile files (Docs/My Doc/ DayZ (3), validate your game cache to generate a new set.

You will have to rebind your keys and other settings.

Also check the Stickies above.

Does it really matter? Game requires you to have at least 32bit OS and 2 gigs of RAM.

Yes it does matter .. you don't need to fly into every thread askin about performance issues and bitch at the people that suggest it may be something about their computer but thanks ..... I've seen this happen a ton to people with 4 gig or less of ram and a small pagefile .... ram gets full, its starts the pagefile shuffle and once things fill up you get this texture issue.

I have 6 gigs of ram, but I am running windows 7 32 bit, so that may be the problem? It says 3.25 usable.

Yeah unfortunately 32 bit operating system will only recognize up to 4 gig of ram ...   just letting you know my experience and the 2 friends I had with this problem both had 4 gigs of ram and the problem went away when I upgraded them to 8 as they both had 64 bit os.

**Not saying 8 is what you need thats just what I ended up doing with theirs because I tend to stick with dual channel and they had a single 4

Edited by SaveMeJebus
  • Like 1

Hello dear community,

I'm desperate, I can't enjoy this beautiful game with this problem.. I tried anything and this anything doesn't worked.. Here is my problem: 

This is Julian Amadeus Harris's video but this problem is same at me..  My PC specs: http://i.imgur.com/5OJVkEZ.jpg

(Sorry for my poor english.. I'm romanian, so.. yeah..)

i'm also having this issue should i get another stick of RAM or upgrade OS to 64bit???

OS Name    Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic
Version    6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    NIGHT-HAWK
System Manufacturer    MSI
System Model    MS-7522
System Type    X86-based PC
Processor    Intel® Core i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. V3.2, 2/26/2009
SMBIOS Version    2.5
Windows Directory    C:\Windows
System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
User Name    Night-Hawk\Dariusz
Time Zone    Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    6.00 GB

Edited by topsykrett1221