geminiani

Animals since 0.57

Where are the Animals?

Since Patch 0.57 There are a rare amout of Animals in Chernarus. Before the Patch you found in Various Locations (Pustoshka, Top of Berenzino, below Severograd etc.) Cows and between towns you found some Pigs and near Forrests some Dears. Untill today i found only 2 Cows and no pigs and not one Dear. Surviving from the Wilderness is now not hard but Unpossible. 

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Regards BennyG

Founder of German-DayZRP

Hi,

i found a chicken a Little above Kamishovo and some dear ran from me somewhere in the Woods nearby too. No Other sightings besides the human-pigs :D

• Like 2

Number and types of animals spawning appear to be limited in 0.57 Stable, seemingly for performance reasons (since they decided to include some zombies as well).

Cows can still be found in many of their usual spots, chickens still randomly appear just about anywhere in fields, pigs (domestic) can be found a few places like Msta, and I've seen goats around as well. Foxes have been spotted, but I personally haven't seen any. Deer may be spawning, but I haven't seen any wild boar at all.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Same here , i have only seen one chicKon in the .57 update. A friend said he spotted a boar. I have been roaming the countryside trying to spot a fox but with no luck.

I saw a cow between Altar and Gorka but he's not there anymore.  He was really asking for it.

• Like 1

. Deer may be spawning, but I haven't seen any wild boar at all.

I've seen more deer than I've seen zombies. Since .57 I've only killed about 4 zombies but have seen quite a few deer. Mostly near Mogilevka and Berezino.

Haven't been equipped to skin or cook them when I've seen them so have not interacted with them.

Haven't been equipped to skin or cook them when I've seen them so have not interacted with them.

No excuses! A stone knife is all you need to skin the animal, gather fire supplies, start a fire, and cook the meat ;)

• Like 3

I hang out in Nadezhdino a lot.  Boars, sheep, and chicken spawn there regularly.   Sometimes I even server hop there, just to chase animals around.

No excuses! A stone knife is all you need to skin the animal, gather fire supplies, start a fire, and cook the meat ;)

I like your dedication soldier.

I like your dedication soldier.

Just telling the truth! One of the first things I do as a fresh spawn is pick up a small stone and make a knife out of it. From there I can cut wood resources from trees for both a fire and a means of cooking, I can murder an animal if I have to, and I can process said animal if I do kill one. Everything you need starts with one little stone :)

• Like 1

Just telling the truth! One of the first things I do as a fresh spawn is pick up a small stone and make a knife out of it. From there I can cut wood resources from trees for both a fire and a means of cooking, I can murder an animal if I have to, and I can process said animal if I do kill one. Everything you need starts with one little stone :)

And I just use the knife to open cans until I find a can opener. Lol.

• Like 1

And I just use the knife to open cans until I find a can opener. Lol.

yep, knife is best opener, except for an actual opener. I keep a combat knife in me boots, and a crafted knife in me pack.

Is it the number of animals? Or their settings (which I think were changed a couple of patches ago)? I've seen a boar and a deer, but they also see me from a helluva long way away, and run away very fast...

Pre 0.54 or so, they would just hang around grazing until you hit them with an axe, which did seem a trifle unrealistic.

• Like 1

So here's the short and sweet of it:

Animals are still in (perhaps the boar is bugged, have not seen one), but the way they spawn has been altered. they no longer fully repopulate their spawn area every restart, but rather it seems that they only have a certain chance to respawn.

Living at zub castle I would travel around to the neighboring towns looking for animals. On some restarts a few animals would be returned in some places but not in others, and their numbers were limited. Only one cow would respawn at a time north of mogilevka, and that's if I was lucky.

I think this system is meant to reflect the fact that if i Kill all the animals in a particular area, they aren't going to suddenly be there again the next day.

• Like 2

Ill also will vouch for Nadezhdino area. still finding decent amount of wildlife there.

• Like 1

Fox spotted, scared the shit out of me while i was eating at the Black Forest

• Like 2

I was disappointed at how hard it was to find them in .55 (though I might have just been a bad searcher).
I just got my brother on recently, and i want to start a camp and live in the wilderness with him, hunting animals, skinning them, eating up at our camp.

I hope when they bring back camp persistence, that they bring back proper animal spawning. 

Time to do some work  B)

SRA86pR.jpg

• Like 3

I found a deer right near the mogilevka cows a few days ago, I think deers tend to roam more than any other animal so that probably wont be helpful info. It was likely driven into the area by a zombie.

I've seen chicken, pigs, and goats at their usual spots just outside Msta to the south, but there used to be wild game north of Msta and it's gone now. Also a deer east of Staroye, on the slopes of Pustoy Khrebet (104 094). One cow each where there used to be herds, in Berezino and Mogilevka. A pig roaming through Vyshnoe.

I checked many usual places looking for boars - that turn of the road east to Gvozdno, a wide perimeter around Krasnostav, the feedshack north of Pik Kozlova, the fields east of Devil's Castle - no boars nor deer. And that boar backpack is my favourite in dayz...

I love the new changes for survivalists, but I'm somewhat dismayed by the scarcity of game. To craft the leather clothing set you need to run the entire map more than once - Msta, Bere, Mogilevka, oh come on. And wildlife clearly has spider senses, as Tatanko says the stealth is broken. I wanted to learn the bow so for example I could hunt in peace close to Berezino, but it seems that a decent mid-range weapon you have no chance at getting deer.

However, thanks for the info about the fox, I need to put that bastard on the menu. And definitely thanks for the tip about Nadezdhino, I'm there ASAP, keep the wood in your fireplace.

Fox spotted, scared the shit out of me while i was eating at the Black Forest

Are foxes...edible? Volunteers please form an orderly queue...

Found two goats in Msta. I had no idea what could be making sounds like that. And boy are they hard as hell to kill (only got one with my MP5 + ACOG, after many missed shots).

Chickens, deer, and pigs are all also in the game.

Are foxes...edible? Volunteers please form an orderly queue...

I am not sure you can eat them or not, but i know they make crazy sounds, first time heard that sound in dayz , scared me really good!

Found two goats in Msta. I had no idea what could be making sounds like that.

Agreed completely. The first time I heard one I thought it was a zombie, that combined with the running sound effect had me running full sprint until I realized it was a damn goat stuck in the side of a hill.