jordanmammo

Overlooked spot?

Is it just me, or has this spot been really overlooked?

N5UdtrB.png

zd7iqWG.jpg

It's currently marked only as a low value clothes spawn on DayZ DB. However, every time I go to this BMP it's always stacked with ammunition and clothes, most of the time even with an SKS or AKM. Also the other BMP inside the Vybor Military Base Compound. Is it just me or is this spot really overlooked? (You can even see an SKS sticking out of the tank)

To be honest it is a pretty well known spot. The tank however is a unique zone in that spot after the .57 update,

I wouldn't say overlooked, I would say server hopped...   <_<

Came across a group of 3 server hoppers there yesterday. This is a pretty known spot since tanks spawns lots of mil gear. All the tanks across the map are now hotspots. DayZDB isn't really updated now so we can't rely on that.

The tanks at the NWAF or Myshkino tent city are very good spots for high grade gear, but also at the NEAF and here: http://dayzdb.com/map#7.067.001  North of Krasnoe there's a wrecked convoy.

• Like 3

Time to go above Krasnoe, there's bunch of those just at the edge of the map .)

• Like 1

That's what happens when you trust DayZ DB's maps entirely instead of just using it as a guide and learning for yourself.

• Like 1

http://dayzdb.com/map#7.067.001  North of Krasnoe there's a wrecked convoy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't tell people about it! I have been using that as a sure thing for at least one primary with ammo and clothing since 0.54.  :P

• Like 3

I find that when nobody's there, nobody's there. When one person is there, all hell will break loose around it.

• Like 1

Sorry to diverge but didn't wanna make a new thread and this seemed close enough.   Where are people finding action these days?  I spent the last couple days in the west (zeleno/green mountain/myshkino base/vybor base/nwaf) and ran into 1 single player.  Where's the hot spots any more, as it seems wrecks as mentioned are basically more enticing than military buildings and the wrecks are all over the place.

The three chopper spawns should net you some action, especially after a restart. Since they are always the same spot, you find guys jumping in on restart looking for SVD.

• Like 3

The three chopper spawns should net you some action, especially after a restart. Since they are always the same spot, you find guys jumping in on restart looking for SVD.

I'll check into that.  Haven't seen anyone at them yet but haven't really stuck around them long.  Didn't realize they were static right now.

Thanks!

Edited by Bororm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't tell people about it! I have been using that as a sure thing for at least one primary with ammo and clothing since 0.54.  :P

Back in 0.54 experimental (Before that, nothing really good used to spawn there, or at least the items were not as rare and could be found around many other areas.) I tired to get there as fast as I can to "make camp" ,as it wasn't really known, but someone else that I won't name "leaked" the info, and it started to become much more frequented. I provided screenshots with light flares from a flare gun, and others started sharing those info. Since then, I've encountered numerous camps, players or other traces of survivors.

Still, sorry to put oil on the fire. I try to help and provide as much info as I can when someone asks for advice or help with something. 

Sorry to diverge but didn't wanna make a new thread and this seemed close enough.   Where are people finding action these days?  I spent the last couple days in the west (zeleno/green mountain/myshkino base/vybor base/nwaf) and ran into 1 single player.  Where's the hot spots any more, as it seems wrecks as mentioned are basically more enticing than military buildings and the wrecks are all over the place.

I still find plenty action at Elektro, Berezino and all the mili base, but it all depends on the population on the server really.

Edit: What I mean is, high pop servers don't always mean "pvp in elektro battle royal". If you're on a 50/50 full server and you hang around the NWAF for 30-35 minutes,  see no one, start shooting the infected roaming around for another 20-30 minutes without seeing or hearing anyone else, it means you might be on a role-play server... Or you're very lucky.  ;)

Edited by Odin Lowe

Back in 0.54 experimental (Before that, nothing really good used to spawn there, or at least the items were not as rare and could be found around many other areas.) I tired to get there as fast as I can to "make camp" ,as it wasn't really known, but someone else that I won't name "leaked" the info, and it started to become much more frequented. I provided screenshots with light flares from a flare gun, and others started sharing those info. Since then, I've encountered numerous camps, players or other traces of survivors.

Still, sorry to put oil on the fire. I try to help and provide as much info as I can when someone asks for advice or help with something. 

No worries, I was mostly kidding man. I've seen evidence of player activity up there too. It wasn't that long ago that I found a truck and a tent set up in the woods there. I've seen trucks sitting on the debug plain up there quite a bit too. I'm pretty sure anyone who bothers to venture past the northern highway probably knows about it by now anyway.

• Like 1

I still find plenty action at Elektro, Berezino and all the mili base, but it all depends on the population on the server really.

Edit: What I mean is, high pop servers don't always mean "pvp in elektro battle royal". If you're on a 50/50 full server and you hang around the NWAF for 30-35 minutes,  see no one, start shooting the infected roaming around for another 20-30 minutes without seeing or hearing anyone else, it means you might be on a role-play server... Or you're very lucky.  ;)

Spent a lot of time across a few servers of varying population at the nwaf today and didn't see a single person.  I did encounter 2 players at the vybor mil base though, or more specifically the hill.  Unfortunately one shot at the other and they both took off before I could get close enough to engage, and then one of them got in a truck and drove off.  Maybe I'll have to go check the coastal towns, but kinda wanted to avoid that mess.

I guess I'm just being unlucky.  It sucks because I wanna practice my swordsman skills while swords are plentiful =P

• Like 1

seriously,, SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :rolleyes:

Just give us persistance, its less broke than it was :thumbsup:

But geez, if you head up there now there is 2 mp5's with mags and an ak74 with 30 rnd mag,, oops i took the mags for my pack gun and swapped a mosin for the ak74 and the mag of course

Edited by PlasticAssasin8

I can honestly say I've never found anything by that BMP. I've only been there once and it was bare so have not stopped by it again.

Id say the most overlooked spot is the Military convoi up North. ( plus the static policecar Crash nearby )

SKS and the odd piece of uniform, usually damaged. Rares used to happen on persistence.

That was back in .54 that tank seems to be a logout area for server hopers. Good spot to ambush them ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't worry, most people are too lazy to make their way up there anyway. I still use Stary Yar as my primary source for trucks.

I tired to get there as fast as I can to "make camp" ,as it wasn't really known, but someone else that I won't name "leaked" the info, and it started to become much more frequented.

:|  :( lol

• Like 1