boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

changelog?

changelog!

c

h

a

n

g

e

l

o

g

?

>>> C.H.A.N.G.E.L.O.G. <<<

drugs are not good for you, dude :emptycan:

Why is this changelog thing such a BFD?

I don't get it either. Surely if one plays the game they will see for themselves what has changed, and what has not. 

• Like 1

I don't get it either. Surely if one plays the game they will see for themselves what has changed, and what has not. 

OR... the devs could just release the changelog like they have done it every single time before current update.

This is NOT a game. It's an alpha version of a potential game. We are testing, remember? Like, giving feedback to the devs and whatnot.

It would also be really helpful in terms of TESTING(!) if we would have a clue which of the many bugs can be considered as "known bugs/issues"

(sorry for saying it again and again, but the devs really don't seem to want to make it any easier (less annoying) for us)

Edited by robophant

This new 3pp view is a real pain in the ass to loot a house. It is zoomed right in to the back of your head you cant see anything on the floor around you. Looks like ill be using TAB to loot from now on, much more immersive...

The new inventory system is annoying as hell. Much preferred it when things stayed where they were in the stack. 

Hmm... that official changelog looks awfully familiar...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/226165-changelog-stable-057128177/

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog#v0.57.128177_.2810_Jun_2015.29

I think some thanks to the community for compiling the changelog is in order.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 8

and...here they are... the whiners are back...greetz

next shitload is coming when "NO lootz, NO foodz"....

the casuals find their way back to the forum  :(

• Like 1

Can collect feathers from those hen houses, so no need for finding a chicken to make an improvised arrows. Cool.

Can collect feathers from those hen houses, so no need for finding a chicken to make an improvised arrows. Cool.

That's been possible for a while now, as a matter of fact. Currently, you don't need feathers to make improvised arrows either (but you do need them, along with bones, to create bone arrows).

• Like 3

drugs are not good for you, dude :emptycan:

No, they are.  Obviously, he didn't take his medication and hasn't in quite awhile.

Edited by Barnabus

Found a box of 320 nails today, can't find a hammer or a baseball bat now

Found both, crafted the baseball bat with nails, since I had fireaxe in hand it appeared on my back.  I dropped the baseball bat on the ground to put my fire axe back and it disappeared (the bat not the axe).  Took 13 nails out of the box.  Hammer and nails do nothing together that I can see.  Didn't get the orange prompt for an action, just the blue prompt for "replace/swap". 

Batteries?

M4's, anyone seen one?

Are sewing kits only spawning on the East side of the map?

Edited by Barnabus

That's been possible for a while now, as a matter of fact. Currently, you don't need feathers to make improvised arrows either (but you do need them, along with bones, to create bone arrows).

Please explain, didn't knew that one. :)

Please explain, didn't knew that one. :)

About the bone arrow? It is a sharpened stick + feathers (like the improvised arrow is supposed to be) and 1 bone from an animal. I don't use a bow hardly ever so I'm not terribly knowledgeable about their capabilities, but it's my understanding that the bone arrow does more damage than a regular improvised arrow (something to do with a higher velocity I think?).

• Like 2

About the bone arrow? It is a sharpened stick + feathers (like the improvised arrow is supposed to be) and 1 bone from an animal. I don't use a bow hardly ever so I'm not terribly knowledgeable about their capabilities, but it's my understanding that the bone arrow does more damage than a regular improvised arrow (something to do with a higher velocity I think?).

I'm talking about the arrow without a feather. I already knew the bone arrow. :)

Edit: nevermind, just found it out myself. Thanks though! :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but in the school building if you want to swap clothing items make sure to put whatever you want to keep into the new clothes before you swap. I lost a bunch of stuff in my cargo pants when I tried to change into some hunter pants and my cargo pants just disappeared. I searched all over for them, outside also and they were nowhere to be found. 

Not sure why I spent so much time looking for the lost stuff, when things are so plentiful this build.  :blush:

I've been doing that for about 9 months :-) 9 months ago I swapped backpacks and wow a nice pristine hunting backpack and hey where did my other one go and all my stuff...ack! Sometimes logging out and back will make it visible to you, sometimes it goes thru the wall outside, sometimes it just vanishes into nothing in those magic shelves. :-(

• Like 1

Found both, crafted the baseball bat with nails, since I had fireaxe in hand it appeared on my back.  I dropped the baseball bat on the ground to put my fire axe back and it disappeared (the bat not the axe).  

Next time dont mess with inventory if you didnt take screenshot of new item!!!!

Hmm... that official changelog looks awfully familiar...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/226165-changelog-stable-057128177/

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog#v0.57.128177_.2810_Jun_2015.29

I think some thanks to the community for compiling the changelog is in order.

Half of those items are not spawning, confirmed. They should at least deleted them instead of copy/paste.  :D

• Like 3

Half of those items are not spawning, confirmed. They should at least deleted them instead of copy/paste.  :D

Notice on the wiki page I was careful to put (Experimental builds only) ;)

• Like 3

I'v had no trouble dropping people with one shot from the Winchester or CR.  But that AK74 is screwy.  I hit a guy twice in the head with it - once from about 60m, another from about 1m (double tap) and while I'm looting him, he friggin stands up!!!  

LOL ZOMBIE!!!

Next time dont mess with inventory if you didnt take screenshot of new item!!!!

What I was going for was to get the bat in hand then inspect and screenshot it.  I didn't know it would go poof. It's not like I don't have 307 nails left in the box.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

LOL ZOMBIE!!!

Oh man that would be cool if dead players turned into zombies. Maybe a programmer can chime in about how hard that would be to implement? Even better would be if the dead player could still control his zombie. 

• Like 1