boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

So I got on exp I looted some stuff not allot of food though I made it through. I found some aks and learned that SVD mags spawn at mil locations now not just heli crashes and I even found a Steyr Aug at a vybor crash. But I have one question I saw thst the red nine pistol was added but were is it. I've been trying very long to try to find it but never found it any advise.

Per Hicks, Red 9 and VSS are not currently spawning. 

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 2

Ive had lots of instances where i haven't been able to pick things up, but thats ok.

I have gone all the way from sth east coast to the NWAF via the mil base at Vybor and found nothing but a few cans of food to keep me alive. Backpacks? what backpacks. Apples give you more energy now it seems so that's a win big time and you seem to last longer after eating.

I have an SKS , saw a mosin but couldn't pick it up, found 2 tents but couldn't pick them up, i have a hi cap vest at least and rarely seen any Z's only saw them at the air base.

It must be a headache to get this thing right, i feel for the Devs , but apples are more realistic, good job.

I found a box of .308 rounds and I was not going to leave it. Since I couldn't pick it up, I moved around it a little at a time trying to pick it up each move and I tried all sorts of prone, crawled to it, backed up to it and suddenly when I was jammed beside a chair and the wall plop it dropped into my inventory and I was glad no one walked in and shot me while I was insanely trying to get that box for 8 minutes.

Hehehe.  We changed A because it caused a problem with B, then we found C was too long because we changed A, D works ok but it's still causing B to not get along with A. Now that C is working well, F has started to become unstable so we decided to go back to default A and delete B entirely. Now F just will not function because F just seems to miss B and we think C is jealous of the relationship between F and B, so we created G and it only cares about itself so it is no help at all. OK done.

I'm sure that you wrote this with tongue in cheek, but this is much closer to reality than most realize.

anyone else having issues with rubberbanding ? can't play since .54 due to it :(

I actually had really bad rubber banding and I logged out and found my 15 mps internet had dropped to 2 mps and I reset my router and it went back to 15mps and I logged back in and boom, flying again. Other than that, I tried to get on a UK server from here in California and the ping said 198 and I was rubber banding a lot.

I've had some rubberbanding when in the vicinity of other players, but that's probably my shoddy internet connection.

The only other network issues I've had has been on the DG hives, ~ 50/50 people, every single action took about 5 seconds to register. I assumed it had something to do with the server itself. Haven't gone back to check and see if the issue has been resolved.

I played on DG yesterday and didn't have this problem. Server was not completely full, though. Around 35 players at that time.

I played on DG yesterday and didn't have this problem. Server was not completely full, though. Around 35 players at that time.

Just checked. I'm still having problems with actions taking a while to register. 50/50 people.

Someone needs to take a long hard look at the ballistic data for the .22LR round.

IRL, there is no way in hell it will hit anything past 300m, let alone penetrate thick clothing at that distance.

In 0.57, I've been hitting things (including bipedal ones) at 500m (and even further out) with the Sporter and a Hunting Scope.

This oversight (I sure hope it is) makes this combo extremely OP in skilled hands.

Ahem  may be 300, 400 and 440 yrds but id not want hit with a 22lr from 500m  

BTW on the side of a box to .22lr it says dangerous range of 1.25 miles I know, I own one :P

• Like 3

A few things to report from my short session tonight:

• IT SEEMS THAT ZOMBIES CAN NO LONGER RUN THROUGH DOORS! I only tested this in a handful of small buildings (houses and small apartments), so it may not be the case with all doors (especially big bay doors or garage doors).

• The Wooden Logs can no longer be split into 3 wooden sticks. You must use the Long Wooden Stick to get 3 wooden sticks from chopping firewood (or just search the ground in virtually forest).

Wooden Logs9VYezaj.jpg

Long Wooden Stick8LCBDTF.jpg

• First Aid Kits now spawn with Blood Test Kits. They also only have 4 slots, and can store any type of item, not just medical.

Oky4nvZ.jpg

• Big Military Tent Backpack can be worn with the Smersh Vest with Backpack attached. This was probably already the case, but I had never tested it out myself. 

fovuTve.jpg

• It's very easy to lose a firearm if you are double carrying (one firearm on your back, one in your hands). This has happened to me a couple times, mostly while trying to handle two primary firearms at a time. Vaulting also seems to cause problems. RIP CR527, mag and hunting scope...

I got a cool little camp setup because there were a ton of tents and a truck in a city. Took a pretty cool screenshot.

qge1YXW.jpg

The server I found these on restarted (I'm pretty sure it was a scheduled restart @ 10:00pm PST) while I was setting up the camp, but everything stayed. I don't know if this means persistence of tents and items is working. Maybe for this one specific server.

I'll keep doing persistence tests to see what I can find.

Thanks for reading. Feedback is appreciated.

• Like 5

Just checked. I'm still having problems with actions taking a while to register. 50/50 people.

Have you tried other servers?

The only thing that took a while to register was when I shot with a bow. Even on a very short distance it took a bit more than a second for the arrow to reach its target.

Have you tried other servers?

The only thing that took a while to register was when I shot with a bow. Even on a very short distance it took a bit more than a second for the arrow to reach its target.

Yes, many other servers. DG hive (servers 1 and 2) both are the only two servers that I've encountered anything like this.

Not sure what to make of it. I love playing at DG.

I've seen quite a bit of rubber banding but not to the point that it was a problem.

A problem I did encounter was when exiting a V3S as a passenger I could no longer hold anything in my hands.

I could eat invisible food or drink and the amounts would change but the item never made it into my hands and I could never get my character to hold a gun.

The only fix I found was to log out and back in again.

I found a box of .308 rounds and I was not going to leave it. Since I couldn't pick it up, I moved around it a little at a time trying to pick it up each move and I tried all sorts of prone, crawled to it, backed up to it and suddenly when I was jammed beside a chair and the wall plop it dropped into my inventory and I was glad no one walked in and shot me while I was insanely trying to get that box for 8 minutes.

In Experimental I learned a trick for stubborn items. Instead of double clicking them in the vicinity window, right clicking and selecting "Take" in the vicinity window, or hitting "F" on the item, drag the item into your Hands windows in the inventory and then click the X on the Hands window. It will auto-arrange into your topmost available inventory slot.

I'm not 100% sure if this trick would've helped in your situation because I'm not sure if I understand what you were seeing exactly, but someone might be helped anyway as a result of me posting this. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 5

In Experimental I learned a trick for stubborn items. Instead of double clicking them in the vicinity window, right clicking and selecting "Take" in the vicinity window, or hitting "F" on the item, drag the item into your Hands windows in the inventory and then click the X on the Hands window. It will auto-arrange into your topmost available inventory slot.

I'm not 100% sure if this trick would've helped in your situation because I'm not sure if I understand what you were seeing exactly, but someone might be helped anyway as a result of me posting this. 

^ This.

Sometimes you have to leave the building and then come back once, or twice. When all else fails, this nearly always does the trick.

• Like 1

I really like this patch... to some degree. New interesting items and all... 

The new school building is very laggy though, and the new inventory system is hella confusing and doesn't always seem to work right. 

Got all characters on all servers (private, public) wiped in this patch? I'm a fresh spawned now.

Got all characters on all servers (private, public) wiped in this patch? I'm a fresh spawned now.

Yes

• Like 1

Someone having problems with persistence?

I've tried to hide some backpacks in different servers, with some items on it.

but after some resets... the items gone.

Can someone confirm what valid startup parameters exist in this version? like -cpuCount, -exThreads? I know that some of the parameters were classified as deprecated.

What are the current valid parameters?

Someone having problems with persistence?

I've tried to hide some backpacks in different servers, with some items on it.

but after some resets... the items gone.

They stated awhile ago persistence will only work with vehicles for now with this update due to some technical issues...

• Like 2

Can someone confirm what valid startup parameters exist in this version? like -cpuCount, -exThreads? I know that some of the parameters were classified as deprecated.

What are the current valid parameters?

Nearly all startup parameters have been deprecated. The the only ones that the devs seem to recommend currently are -dologs (which has caused my machine to crash) and -newui (which the last time I tried, I couldn't select a server).

• Like 3

rain my friends, RAIN !

150612042939151150.jpg

Goooooooood..... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Can rain feed seeds?

I've never heard anyone discuss it....

According to our good friend Ebrim, yes it can!

• Like 2