Zing Freelancer

Stable 0.55 performance

After 4+ month of hibernation, I checked Geforce Experience to see what recommended settings it has for DayZ Standalone. To my surprise, it suggested to set the game to ALL VERY LOW/LOW. Now am not going to brag and say I have word fastest computer, but I got two 780 GTX in SLI and can run Witcher 3 on high settings.

I am not even going to complain about the terrible loot system, not even casually mention that pipe dream of loot system we got in DayZ. Not even going to complain about athlete-sprinting-ninja-silent karate zombies, no no, not even casually mentioning the athlete-sprinting-ninja-silent karate zombies. I just want to know why is that I can't run DayZ on Normal?

Edited by Zing Freelancer

I believe you have come out of hibernation. Because you seem unaware of the fact that DayZ is still in alpha. Your questions have been answered a thousand times over.

As it has been stated, performance issues are last on the priority list. Why? The final version of the renderer is still being developed. There are many other issues that need to be addressed before performance can be adjusted.

Search the forums for issues you're having with the game, I'm sure you will find that many of them have been discussed in full, excruciating detail.

Please share your ideas. Take into account what the current state of DayZ is when doing this. Some day DayZ will be in beta. Then we'll have fun sharing our ideas then as well. While watching the shit show of people whining about DayZ being in beta. Watching the whiners can be entertaining, but mostly they're annoying. Just saying.

Happy looting.

I get the same. I suspect it's because it's because the game is not optimized, and an on sale $100 middle road card isn't necessarily going to perform much worse than a $300+ card, let alone in SLI at this point. If you have 2 monitors fire up task manager or process explorer and watch your CPU utilization - DayZ uses a lot. My i5 usually sits around 50% for all 4 cores when DayZ is running, or at least it did last time I looked a few months back. As the engine gets optimized more should get offloaded to your graphics card and it should start taking advantage that, and I suspect your CPU utilization will start to decrease, and the GeForce Experience should have different suggestions because they'll matter more. That's my guess, or at least what I always assumed cobbling together bits of info posted here and there. 

The GeForce experience FAQ doesn't give much more info, but I "expect" that these optimal settings are also in concert with what the game studio tells GeForce. Part of the problem may also be that being behind because DayZ, although supported, is in alpha. I'd be curious if one of the mods or SMoss or someone knows more about how that works.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/faq

I apologize, I should have clearly stated that I used to run DayZ Alpha on a higher settings than what I currently can. I tried going from very low to low or normal and FPS drop bellow 30 frames.

Hence why I became curious, what has happened to DayZ in the last 4+ month that has reduced whatever performance I had previously to nothing.

Well, didn't the first iteration of the new renderer go in roughly during that time frame? It was supposed to update animal animations an AI? Maybe it didn't land yet but it was talked about a lot over the last 4 months. Anyway, there's a bunch of info about the new renderer and that's supposedly going to change a lot in regards to how the game looks and performs:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2x009v/dayzs_new_renderer_and_the_enfusion_engine_info/