Tatanko

The Guide to Wilderness Survival

Anybody managed to roast and eat a pumpkin? It seems I can eat neither fresh nor roasted ones. Moreover, the latter don't even get their texture changed, I just got a dialogue window "Confirmation of changes". I managed to roast apples and tomatoes all right and now I wonder if their nutrition values are changed in any way. Any info on that?

I noticed that you can make tripwire with a stick and metal wire. I tried it, but the tripwire disappeared in the grass, as some stuff is wont to do. Did anyone have better luck?

Tatanko, on re-reading your post, two questions:

1) You mention catching bigger fish? With netting and wire? What would that bigger fish would be and in what kind of waters?

2) How do you get resin for your torches? I only have the option to cut a branch and some bark, however the bark option is duplicated.

Thanks, I'll come with more info and questions. And it's a pity that stalking is broken and animals are so scarce, I may still need to wait for the outdoorsman lifestyle I was waiting for.

Anybody managed to roast and eat a pumpkin? It seems I can eat neither fresh nor roasted ones. Moreover, the latter don't even get their texture changed, I just got a dialogue window "Confirmation of changes". I managed to roast apples and tomatoes all right and now I wonder if their nutrition values are changed in any way. Any info on that?

I noticed that you can make tripwire with a stick and metal wire. I tried it, but the tripwire disappeared in the grass, as some stuff is wont to do. Did anyone have better luck?

Tatanko, on re-reading your post, two questions:

1) You mention catching bigger fish? With netting and wire? What would that bigger fish would be and in what kind of waters?

2) How do you get resin for your torches? I only have the option to cut a branch and some bark, however the bark option is duplicated.

Thanks, I'll come with more info and questions. And it's a pity that stalking is broken and animals are so scarce, I may still need to wait for the outdoorsman lifestyle I was waiting for.

I don't think you can roast a whole pumpkin. At least, I wasn't able to anyway, nor did I have any luck with pumpkin slices (did I mention pumpkin slices?). Not sure how -- if at all -- roasting affects nutrition. I would need to see the values in the game files to speak on that accurately.

The tripwire isn't actually implemented, but for some reason the crafting mechanic was... confusing, I know, but at least you know now.

As for your other questions: 1. Not sure it works yet, but you can craft a "larger" fish trap with wire and netting. Not sure exactly what we will be catching with it. 2. You can add resin by first crafting a torch and then walking up to a tree with the torch in your hands.

One thing about the hand drill kit for starting fires: as of 0.57, only oak bark will work. Birch bark can be used as kindling, but it cannot be used to create a hand drill kit.

Today I was able to make a drill kit from the bark of several different pine trees and use it to start a fire.

Right now, I'm trying to find a tree that doesn't produce bark.  Also, bark from any tree will create a generic bark item.  

Edited by Parazight

Today I was able to make a drill kit from the bark of several different pine trees and use it to start a fire.

Right now, I'm trying to find a tree that doesn't produce bark.  Also, bark from any tree will create a generic bark item.  

Really? I did take notice that pine trees were producing "oak" bark now (brown-colored bark), but hadn't seen the same from other trees. So there is no birch bark right now?