emuthreat

It's happening...

I think I will try to live off the land starting only with a stone knife.

Not sure if that's going to work as I don't know how to make my first kill to get the "rope" for a bow.

Maybe I need a stone knife and a rope to get started.

Everything else can be crafted and improvised now. At least for hunting and cooking.

Mabey you can kill a slow chiKon with the stone knife then use his guts for rope :)

Mabey you can kill a slow chiKon with the stone knife then use his guts for rope :)

I guess chicken only have a small pile of guts.

A while back I caught a rabbit with a trap and it had a small pile of guts which couldn't be used to craft a bow.

But maybe they changed that. Or maybe you can combine two small piles to get a big one.

A while back I caught a rabbit with a trap and it had a small pile of guts which couldn't be used to craft a bow.

But maybe they changed that. Or maybe you can combine two small piles to get a big one.

I know there are sleepy cows in Pogorevka , Mabey you can tip-toe up to them while they are sleeping :) or if your a bad guy can you punch out a human player

*KaPOW*  then use stone knife to get his guts or bones to make fishhook ?  Then use fishie guts.

Edited by LoveAffair

I know there are sleepy cows in Pogorevka , Mabey you can tip-toe up to them while they are sleeping :) or if your a bad guy can you punch out a human player

*KaPOW* then use stone knife to get his guts or bones to make fishhook ? Then use fishie guts.

Yeah. Maybe it's easiest to get human guts.

Never quartered a human, so don't know what you get from them, though.

I think I will come back for some DayZ. Been out for 2-3 months because I've waited for some more content.

Sound interesting, but im still waiting for major improvements in game play and the ability to focus on more long term goals. Before i can really get back into SA i'll need to see-

- Zombie pathing/collision truly fixed.

- Hit detection and desynch (netcode) addressed and resolved. No more phantom hits from things that clearly should have missed. (even if client connection standards must be tightened on official servers to ensure quality)

- building/barricading in and working with a degree of reliability

- Global loot actually working as intended across the public hive.

- Persistence and persistent storage actually being reliable.

- Stamina that actually makes sense and scales with load/exertion/time

Remember the version that Kalashnikovs spawned in jeeps?

And military clothing spawned around trucks?

I guess you could try poking a cow to death with the ashwood/long stick, but I haven't tried it personally.

I punched a cow to death earlier this morning, chased it through some fields until it finally got stuck in a bush/fence cluster. 

I felt kind of dirty afterwards. 

Also, serverside performance seems to be alot better, even with zombies. Which is good news.

Edited by Julianwop
  • Like 1

I'm going to see if the one hit kill still works with just an apple and stick.

what? You can one hit kill cows with sticks and apples?

Edited by Julianwop

That would explain it.  I only kill chickens, incidentally.  They are so easy to run up on, I'm a bit disappointed that their guts won't string a bow.  Might have to make an odd request of a butcher for proof of concept.

I haven't had time to check out the new exp update.  Is it getting any closer to a stable candidate yet?  I'd really like to set up a camp again someday...

I go outside..its summer and time wasted in front of Monitors instead is..ah wait screw this..gonna Play a bit :D

Come on man, who would venture outside in this god damned heat?

I'm starting to envy folks in Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway) with their summers, where temperatures are around 20 C (in southern parts).

Come on man, who would venture outside in this god damned heat?

I'm starting to envy folks in Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway) with their summers, where temperatures are around 20 C (in southern parts).

It's not just Europe that is unseasonably warm. West coast US is getting it too.  Latitude 41 is getting over 30 C.  It's too early for this kind of heat, we're gonna completely miss out on the "nice"days that early summer usually offers.  I hope my poor tomato and pepper plants don't get burnt while I'm away at work.

Eastern canada is colder than usual. We almost had frost at the start of june. Nights are under 10 celcius. Usually much warmer than this by now.

Well, Norway is unseasonably cold.. It's supposed to be summer now but it feels like April or so.

Yes its happening finally it is I can hunt for helis an there amazing guns like the ump soo glad. Ive had some good adventures in the .57/.56 patch I went along with @emuthreat in a bunch of them we all got super geared.I aslso almost traded my friends life for a radio and slugs lol.

Is it tomorrow? I'm too lazy to read. Plus whoever replies will help someone else out, too.

I hope so, I second the motion. Once seconded you must tell us if it is.

Oh hey Redstone, try not to get into any more trouble :p

#YOUJUSTGOTNECROED

Edited by Owen.

I don't know if it is tomorrow.  (I assume you are asking about the push to stable with .57)  I jumped the gun with this thread last night because it seemed like servers went down early.  I'll go play here in a bit after dinner; see if inventory bugs (items disappearing when traded or crafted, which should fall on ground)  Short of those being fixed, I'll just hope to see it on wednesday.

Last time I checked, things were looking okay.  But I won't get my hopes up again.  That BattleEye ticker warning of the wipe has been crying wolf for weeks now...

I hope so, I second the motion. Once seconded you must tell us if it is.

Oh hey Redstone, try not to get into any more trouble :P

#YOUJUSTGOTNECROED

hahaa you sonuvabitch!

Now look has more posts!

:p

• Like 1