emuthreat

It's happening...

So I got home from an eleven-hour day of work today, only to find that I couldn't go fool around on experimental for a couple hours before global maintenance; and I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED.

It's coming.  The long-awaited .56 .57 update that the battle eye red-text feed has been teasing us all about these past three weeks.

What's the first thing you all plan to do with your new-found, slightly modified, apocalyptic playground?

Me?  I'm gonna make a stone knife, get some oak bark and sticks, roast an apple, and then go directly back to these here forums and bitch about how I can only roast one, measly, apple-on-a-stick at a time.  Good luck and good hunting.

edit:  Didn't the devs say there were to be no zeds on .57 stable?  I was just on experimental 57.128035 and there were zombies.  

Edited by emuthreat

Just remember,

Another experimental today , stable this week , might not happen tommorow though as we iron out the crashes/performance

I think I will try to live off the land starting only with a stone knife.

Not sure if that's going to work as I don't know how to make my first kill to get the "rope" for a bow.

Maybe I need a stone knife and a rope to get started.

Everything else can be crafted and improvised now. At least for hunting and cooking.

Edited by too-easy

I'm going to probably desperately grope around for a barrel and a military tent and then I will begin my primitive lifestyle of archery and secrecy.

Not sure if that's going to work as I don't know how to make my first kill to get the "rope" for a bow.

Everything else can be crafted and improvised now. At least for hunting and cooking.

Agreed, rope from guts ASAP.

Can't wait to see how stable works.

Agreed, rope from guts ASAP.

Can't wait to see how stable works.

guts are already rope :) it works

I go outside..its summer and time wasted in front of Monitors instead is..ah wait screw this..gonna Play a bit :D

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

I go outside..its summer and time wasted in front of Monitors instead is..ah wait screw this..gonna Play a bit :D

Your idea is best.  Play just a bit, for now.  Things are getting broken and delayed so fast lately, that enjoying some sunshine instead will make for some nice surprises.  Hopefully things will get much closer to that stable update we've anticipating for weeks.

guts are already rope :) it works

In-game?  I just tried yesterday, and experimental is down.  Confused now.

You drag and drop guts onto an ashwood or long stick and it will give you a bow. It's been in experimental for awhile.

Useing guts as rope works for a while now i belive. At least for crafting backpacks in .stable

I guess you could try poking a cow to death with the ashwood/long stick, but I haven't tried it personally.

Guts work as a rope for a long time, even on stable.

The problem is to kill an animal without a gun.

No idea if you can sneak up on them now enough to strike them.

That's the challenge if you only start out with a stone knife.

Edited by too-easy

Find SVD, snipe bambies at the spawn points.

Me too, but i'll wait around berenzino i think.

I am going to spend hours looking for an SVD, only to set off a troll land mine someone dumped near a chopper crash site :)

Me too, but i'll wait around berenzino i think.

Yep, that would be a spawn point :) ... I'm gonna look around for an Svd as well, but then use it to snipe people sniping people .... Wait , does that mean someone's going to be sniping me after I snipe ? Sniper no sniping ?

First, I will probably starve to death...after that I'd like to try the hermit lifestyle again. See if I can survive indefibately without entering a town or major city.

If that works I will then set about testing out and trying to break/bug out any and all new features.

Find a damn barrel and dye stuff; it's really the only thing I haven't been able to do yet in exp.

Has 0.57 rolled out for stable then? Can't tell as am at work and the only update I've seen said it might be delayed for stable until later in the week...

Has 0.57 rolled out for stable then? Can't tell as am at work and the only update I've seen said it might be delayed for stable until later in the week...

Not yet, probably later this week. Friday is my guess.

• Like 1

I'm going to collect books. And then fill some poor bloke's tent with them.  Also, I haven't found a barrel yet either.  I also want to stuff my pants with hot human steak and then swim to debug island.

Not yet, probably later this week. Friday is my guess.

Lol, dammit. BI are masters of suspense.