Sign in to follow this  
xXSnowShadowXx

My FPS drops when I look forward

Hello, I just have a quick question. Whenever I look forward by fps seems to drop majorly. When I look up I get a solid 60 fps and when I look down the same... But when I look forward it seems to drop down to 20-25fps . It may just be my resolution or my graphics settings... But by brother with the same specs just a 15.7" screen gets a solid 35-45 fps. Im wondering how I could fix mine :P If anyone has heard of this problem or has experienced it, and has a solution... please let me know.

My pc specs:

MSI GS70 STEALTH PRO 2QE
Intel core I7 4710HQ (2.5ghz)

GTX 970m (3gb Vram)

16gb RAM

17" 1920x1080p screen

Thanks! :)

Edited by xXSnowShadowXx

It's just like when you look out at the ocean from the coast. Less stuff to load=more FPS, as the other guy said.

• Like 1

hello, I have a question. My PC specs should weeeeeeeeeellllllllll be able to play dayz... yet I get only 20-30 fps looking forward. Could someone please tell me optimal settings for my pc specs |

\/

MSI GS70 STEALTH PRO 2QE

Intel core i7 4710HQ (2.5ghz)

Gtx 970m (3gb vram)

16gb Ram

17" Intel HD 1080p screen

Thanks guys :)

Have you followed any of the setup guides prior?

- Each build sometimes requires some tweaks and improvements.

1 always check your temps, make sure you have it cool enough.

2 Up to date video drivers, g force experiences

3. Loading background items processes.

4. Resolution? 1920 will run a lot more then 1024 thus reducing fps over 1024 mode.

5. zooming in usually always did good for me but since your asking. You actually crop into the images more, thus reducing the fps. Your gaining a ton of resources in a short time.

so this will effect your zoom in with a gun, and zoom in with your mouse (normal looking mode).

6. Make sure you run vsync off I believe  it was, so long since I tweaked it.

7. Make sure you also setup each setting exactly the way they posted prior, then compare one at a time. Once you get a perfect layout and quality, write it all down for the next time a build is released.

giving you exact settings isn't a good solid solution as it changes computer to computer. So I suggest you review the other threads and the utube videos on Dayz FPS performance guides, and best settings for my video card etc...

Hope that helps, best advise I can give other then testing it with you here. Post back any problems you see or solutions. Others should be doing the same.

Edited by TheSneakyDude

Remember I said Geforce Experiences, you can lower it and gain a whole ton of FPS btw. Play around with it.

Sneaks