peliluola@gmail.com

DayZ Mobile app for Android (v. 1.50)

Exellent app :)

I now have a shortcut aswell and everything is working smoothly :) +1

Exellent app :)

I now have a shortcut aswell and everything is working smoothly :) +1

There was indeed a small bug in the code that didn't affect my device but it probably did yours then. I fixed it in the last update.

Okay, I promise. Next week I'm going to focus on making a new UI for the Android app. After that I'm goign to keep on perfecting the android version until it gets to over 5000 downloads. After that I'm going to solely immerse myself to making the iOS counterpart. I gots to get myself some new devices, ya'll.

iOS people shall no more be disappointed when entering this thread. After android version is perfected that is :)

is there a way to update it aside for downloading again? if not an auto audate or a update button would be really nice as the next feature, also thanks for the work so far

That's pretty cool, but you know most android's built in browser can visit dayzmap.info and the wiki. I use dolphin browser actually but built in one should be ok with it too

is there a way to update it aside for downloading again? if not an auto audate or a update button would be really nice as the next feature' date=' also thanks for the work so far

[/quote']

Not really. If the updates were data files for weapons or something non-code related then it would be possible to make an update function. As it is the code changes a lot and needs a complete re-download. You can set at google play store to allow my app to auto update.

I have made some plans for the great 2.0 version so it should be sweet & a lot better than this one :)

PS: The sniper correction tables are the 3rd most looked feature of this app. Is it really that useful/important or are new users just clicking that button because of the sniper picture? :huh:

Can you make it so you don't have to press 7 buttons to get from weapon info back to maps?

Can you make it so you don't have to press 7 buttons to get from weapon info back to maps?

This has actually been one of my main concerns. I didn't really think too much about the UI on this first version of the app but now I've really thought it through. The next UI on version 2.00 is really intuitive and allows for quick changes between activities. It's a lot faster, has a lot more screenspace and works better on EVERY device. You really have something to wait for.

Okay, so the version 2.0 is up to a good start and should arrive later this week. I have made some discussions with the DayZLFG.com people and will be integrating their features in the app as well so you can check & look for groups while you play. I have also thought about integrating some sort of a gallery feature for you to check out latest DayZ pictures that have been posted to this forum. Be it memes, de-motivational pictures or just random screenshots. This would make the app more than just a while-you're-playing app.

Also, we have about 1k downloads now and I'll start working on the iOS counter part (indentical with v2.0) right at the 5k mark. Should be a couple more weeks at this speed.

What are your thoughts about these new features? Good? Great?

Any new feature requests before I get too deep into 2.0 and it gets harder to implement?

Hmm.. which android version are you running? Is it over or exactly Android 1.6? Also, do you have normal to x-large screen? This app can't be installed on small screen devices. You can try to install the apk file by following this guide but it's not guaranteed to work if your device doesn't comply with the requirements:

http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/google-android/articles/37151.aspx

I have finished the layout of the version 2.0. Now all that remains is porting the functions so they work with this new version. DayZ Mobile v.2.0 should be out and published on Friday at 4pm EST. I got to say it's going to be so much better and according to my tests it works on any screensize and any android version out there. Until Friday I hope you check out the v1.5 if you need assistance while playing.

Stay tuned.

Edited by WoRtEx

Funny thing, Installed the newest eclipse and somehow my whole workspace got written over and now I have lost all the development files of DayZ Mobile 1.5. The newest backups were week old so that doesn't help either :( Therefor I can't give you another update on that since everything would have to be written all over again. Good thing the 2.0 version is well along it's way though, so there's really no need to update the 1.5 to 1.6. The 2.0 will provide everything the 1.5 did and more and better! Here's a sneak peek what's coming on Friday @ 4pm. In the 2nd picture I have minimized the top ribbon by pressing the arrow. This way small screens will have more space for maps and websites on the screen. The icons are just placeholders, they will be changed before release.

http://droidsuccess....dayz/newest.jpg

http://droidsuccess....ayz/newest2.jpg

Edited by WoRtEx

Worked over 16 hours on the 2.0 version today. It's all done except for the guides. I'm having some trouble with them as I intend to make the app multilingual. Therefore I got to have all guide data such as weapons and vehicles in XML files. I think there's some 16 hours left to do so there's no way I can be done 4pm tomorrow. But I promise it's ready this weekend before monday EST :)

Now I got to go to sleep. You really have something to wait for.

Okay it's really closing in on being ready. The guides have been partially implemented and this is how the databases page looks at the moment:

sneak.jpg

It's for sure going to be ready tomorrow evening Finnish time = mid day in USA.

IT IS DONE. I can't believe it took so long but it's really actually finally done (only worked 13 hours today).The version 2.0 has been just uploaded to the Google play store and it should be downloadable in the matter of hours. See the original post of this thread for current features and pictures. I'll have it updated asap! The app is now a lot more packed with features than the v1.50 and it's still practically the same size. Now I promise that at the 5000 active installs mark I will start working on the iOS counterpart

EDIT: Okay, first post updated, click my signature to get there.

EDIT #2: Can some moderator change the title so it doesn't say anything about the version anymore? It seems that we can no longer edit the title even in full editor?

EDIT #3: Please let me know straight away if you have any problems with the app on your device so I can fix it before there are more downloaders.

Edited by WoRtEx

New version, 2.05, is now released.

What's new:

- Added more information on web & map links

- Faster startup time

- Donate version ready

- Maps load a bit faster

- Database font size is now changeable @ settings page.

- Integrated sniper correction tables better.

- Integrated How to find North for offline use.

Check the original post for download link & more.

You're welcome!

Edited by WoRtEx

INSTALLED! going to test it out and give some feedback.

I made a small mistake with the publishing, you probably get a 2.05 version but there's a small difference in the settings page. An update should appear in 30 minutes, if it doesn't I recommend you update manually or re-download. (I already uploaded it to google play but it takes time to get active).

EDIT: Okay, if you download it now, you get the latest version with correct settings page. Sorry for the mixup.

Edited by WoRtEx

COol app, this will come in handy for a quick map. I have the S3 screen is quite big; however a 7'' tablet would be ideal for this. Thanks

I port it to iOS once I hit 5k active installs on Android. Until then I try to keep perfecting it. Currently there are about 2000 active installs and about 200 per day more. Shouldn't take too long.

Edited by WoRtEx