peliluola@gmail.com

DayZ Mobile app for Android (v. 1.50)

havent tried it myself yet' date=' but as far as ideas go one of the most usefull thing to have would be arma 2 sniper correction tables since right now im working with paper print outs

[/quote']

Could you send them to developer(at)droidsuccess.com and I'll put them in the next update if possible?

Or do you have a link to some Sniper guide of which I could compose a table out of.

ah, well I just found it odd the day I release my app (June 25th) a week later you release one with exactly the same name, almost all the same links, with almost the same content.

ah' date=' well I just found it odd the day I release my app (June 25th) a week later you release one with exactly the same name, almost all the same links, with almost the same content.

[/quote']

If our content wasn't from wiki it would be odd. Now it's just lazyness since we both use wiki links. It took me hours to think about what kinda of links I want to provide since I had max 5 buttons on main menu. And of course I would have chosen a different name if I had thought of it when your app was already known to me. And as I stated because of this I will change the name in the near future to toolkit or guide when it actually represents the app correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: One more point, there's constantly about 1000-2000 people online here, I bet there are a lot of other DayZ android apps being worked on as we speak and most of them will probably offer the same wiki stuff we do.

You could of at least checked the market for an app with the same name: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pwnsro.dayz

I did release mine before yours' date=' and from what I see you re-skinned my app and added ads. I guess i'll be picking apart yours as my curiosity wants to know if that's what really happened

[/quote']

Well ur both mainly linking dayz wiki, so its quite pointless to say that he reskinned ur app, and to be honest since both of u dont realy provide any content of ur own its the interface that matters and WoRtEx's interface is much better, at least in my opinion.

Well ur both mainly linking dayz wiki' date=' so its quite pointless to say that he reskinned ur app, and to be honest since both of u dont realy provide any content of ur own its the interface that matters and WoRtEx's interface is much better, at least in my opinion.

[/quote']

I've been thinking about changing the interface a bit, it's too tasking to make changes to it as we speak (because of many layout files) and make it look usable on all devices. I like the coloring but it's a bit too cramped. Got even some bad reviews for the UI :/

havent tried it myself yet' date=' but as far as ideas go one of the most usefull thing to have would be arma 2 sniper correction tables since right now im working with paper print outs

[/quote']

Could you send them to developer(at)droidsuccess.com and I'll put them in the next update if possible?

Or do you have a link to some Sniper guide of which I could compose a table out of.

ok got the link, whats most important are the correction tables if u could extract them form the pdf, so that it would be easy to put them on full screen on my mobile i would be much obliged

http://www.scribd.com/doc/97022548/Arm-a-2-Weapon-Ranging-and-Correction-Guide

The correction tables alone would be enough for me to use ur app, since all the other data is on wiki, u can just check it out later, while untill u learn the corrections u basicly have to check them out each time u shoot

also here is a short video explaining how the corrections work, idk if it will be of any use for u

the corrections themselfs are actually realy needed only for the DMR, but the measurements tables are usefull for all weapons especially if u dont have a spotter with a range finder

So what i would like to have is:

M24 - Mil dot ranging

M107 - Mil dot ranging

DMR - Corrections and ranging

u might also add the picture explaining SVD scope

would also be nice to see AS 50 ranging, and cz ranging though they are not invcluded in my link(i had another link with all the tables but its not working atm)

And again this sniper stuff is what would really make ur app usefull for me, since all the rest can be just looked up in the wiki with alt+Tab

hmm now that i think about it i think there should also be a guide explaining the granade launcher ironsight on it

Okay, that data collected in the pdf can't be used without permission so I don't think I can have it for the next update. Also it's quite a lot of data to inject into a small app. I'll see if I can get this done some day. The video seems to be very educational so a link to that could also be provided in the app.

Okay' date=' that data collected in the pdf can't be used without permission so I don't think I can have it for the next update. Also it's quite a lot of data to inject into a small app. I'll see if I can get this done some day. The video seems to be very educational so a link to that could also be provided in the app.

[/quote']

The only data u need are the tables i mentioned earlier, and also i've seen them used in a couple diffrent sources so im sure they are availible for use, if nothing else it could be just re-written into a new table, the information itself is not protected in anyway just the document

Okay' date=' that data collected in the pdf can't be used without permission so I don't think I can have it for the next update. Also it's quite a lot of data to inject into a small app. I'll see if I can get this done some day. The video seems to be very educational so a link to that could also be provided in the app.

[/quote']

The only data u need are the tables i mentioned earlier, and also i've seen them used in a couple diffrent sources so im sure they are availible for use, if nothing else it could be just re-written into a new table, the information itself is not protected in anyway just the document

Ah, okay, it's just that in copyright law - I believe - all compilations and table collections are somewhat copyright protected. As far as I know the pdf you gave a link to seems to be quite a compilation that took a plethora of work so I thought it shouldn't be used without permission. But if you've seen it everywhere it's probably good to use. Thanks for the info.

well ill be gald to have this in the app

Ah' date=' okay, it's just that in copyright law - I believe - all compilations and table collections are somewhat copyright protected. As far as I know the pdf you gave a link to seems to be quite a compilation that took a plethora of work so I thought it shouldn't be used without permission. But if you've seen it everywhere it's probably good to use. Thanks for the info.

[/quote']

U cannot copyright the information in the tables, the tables themselves(their layout etc) yes, but the data inside them cannot be copyright protected, since its not invetive in anyway those are just measurements, anyone could take them no way to prove where they come from

Another fruitful day behind (8 hours give or take). I had a lot of trouble trying to keep this app working for Android 1.6 as there is indeed ONE user using that version of Android and I don't want to disappoint him/her by not supporting his/hers device (Got you covered pal ;)). Every consumable data is now integrated into the app.

I also made it so each time you look at the world or loot map it doesn't reload (not even when changing phone orientation). This way you can check weapons, vehicles etc. and when you go back to maps they are where you left them. They also start loading right as you start the app so they are immediately ready unless you sprint to the maps section :)

This newest version is v-1.30 and is downloadable from

DayZ Mobile for Android

Or if you can't install from there, here's a straight download link for the .apk.

Here are some pictures of the new and improved DayZ Android app:

1301.png1302.png1303.png

I had some trouble with the emulators again so if you have any trouble with old devices or very small / very large screens then please let me know.

Thanks for making this. I already use it extensively.

I like the feature that keeps the display from turning off, so I can use it effectively as a map while playing.

[suggestion] Is it possible to make it so that it remembers the location of the map you were looking at, rather than resetting your view every time you rotate the phone from vertical to horizontal?

[suggestion] Is it possible to make it so that it remembers the location of the map you were looking at' date=' rather than resetting your view every time you rotate the phone from vertical to horizontal?

[/quote']

That feature is in the new 1.30 version ;) It doesn't reset on rotate, nor does it reload if you go check some vehicle data etc between looking at map.

WoRtEx:

I also made it so each time you look at the world or loot map it doesn't reload (not even when changing phone orientation). This way you can check weapons, vehicles etc. and when you go back to maps they are where you left them. They also start loading right as you start the app so they are immediately ready unless you sprint to the maps section

That feature is in the new 1.30 version ;) It doesn't reset on rotate' date=' nor does it reload if you go check some vehicle data etc between looking at map.

[/quote']

Awesome! You are on top of things, sir.

PLZ post when u'll put the sniper data in the app, im waiting impatiently for that ;)

BTW to any admin that reads this PLZ make this a sticky

Just download and installed on my Archos 80 G9 and it looks fantastic :)

Only looked through it for 20 minutes or so but so far i'm impressed and it provides so much info for any player.

Pinch works well for zooming on the maps :)

Any problems or feedback etc i'll let you know but so far job well done

Just download and installed on my Archos 80 G9 and it looks fantastic :)

Only looked through it for 20 minutes or so but so far i'm impressed and it provides so much info for any player.

Pinch works well for zooming on the maps :)

Any problems or feedback etc i'll let you know but so far job well done

That's weird, pinching doesn't work on my phone. That archos device is quite odd for me, I've never seen one. Guess it has some unique features that aren't in usual android phones and tablets.

I got to go sleep soon but when I wake up I'll spend some hours making another update that's gonna incorporate integrated equipment or ammunition and some other features.

I love all things Archos and the G9 are great tablets for what they cost :)

Anyways i have 1 little snag that i can't solve, After closing the app down i can't launch it again ? Normally apps will make a shortcut but yours never.

Now i can't find a way to launch it again unless i uninstall and reinstall

Today I've spent some 5 hours working on integrating all the equipment in the game to the app. I also introduced an offline map with pinch-zooming enabled to use for quick check ups. It's not that accurate but will provide great help with travelling etc. And lastly I made some of the social links to open in a webview so you're no longer stuck with the webbrowser. I'm trying to find a way to eventually make everything open inside the app. Even the wiki links which hopefully aren't needed for much longer :)

This newest version is v-1.45 and is downloadable from

DayZ Mobile for Android

Or if you can't install from there, here's a straight download link for the .apk.

It might take a while for the new version to show up on Google play but it will update automatically in a few hours.

Here are some pictures of the new and improved DayZ Android app:

1451.jpg1452.jpg1453.jpg

=== Now give me some more suggestions ===

A big thanks for everybody's support! The downloads have been steadily rising and I'm pretty sure the next version with a new UI (version 2.0) that I'm about to have done by next week's end will feature multiple languages. German at least ;)

I'm now also more confident on shoving more and more hours into the development so - yet again - expect a new update tomorrow. All ammunition info usable offline & sniper correction tables will be my primary goal.

I woke up 6am but I'm gonna start now and push it as far as I can before I collapse :devilface:

Thanks once more.

Aaaand 7 hours later WoRtEx Claus is back here with a nice little present for the community :) Over 24 hours up but totally worth it. I now have a new version to release (again). Sorry for the quick updates but I suppose it's not that tasking to let your phones and tablets update it automatically :)

This is the version 1.50 of the app and it was uploaded to Google Play store about five minutes ago. If you update your app straight away you might not get this version yet. Wait a couple of hours for Google Play to get it up.

DayZ Mobile for Android

I have now integrated all the basic data of DayZ that one needs to check up at times: Weapons, Vehicles, Ammunition, Equipment and Consumables. I have also implemented a Sniper Correction feature as requested by myselph33. I also set up a Google Analytics api for the app so it collects anonymous data of what you do with the app. This way I can focus bettering the areas of the app you use the most.

Running out of things to implement. I guess I'll focus on redesigning the UI as it has got a lot of negative feedback. Also, the new UI shall be made to work perfectly with tablets.

Here are some pictures of this update (1.50):

1501.jpg1502.jpg1503.jpg1504.jpg

downloaded. kudos just for maps - thats what iv been looking for for ages. rest look v nice also.

just 1 thing - can u maybe add an option to move the app to SD instead of main drive?