Sign in to follow this  
VeggaMan

team mates experience mic buzz while using teamspeak3

Hey fellow survivors!!

I just recieved feedback from my fellow gamers om teamspeak that when I'm speaking over team speak, its like there's a fan booming buzzing sound in the background.Even though I do have a beast of a sound maker (fans on comp), the issue only arrive when I'm actually in game. If I'm tabbed out of the game theres nothing, and the audio is transmitting without a problem.

I have the Razer kracken pro headphones, and haven't had a problem with the transmission of crisp clear mic sound when using other VoIP like Skype or even the in game VoIP. Its only with team speak and ONLY when I'm in game.

Has someone of you guys come across the same type of problem?

Hope to find some answers so would appreciate any pointer to what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance!!

-VeggaMan

Conflicting codex is my thought, using the latest verson of TS?

yes the current version - 3.0.16... Codex you say.. I don't have anything installed besides my graphics drivers - perhaps I'm lacking something?

yes the current version - 3.0.16... Codex you say.. I don't have anything installed besides my graphics drivers - perhaps I'm lacking something?

Pretty sure TS has its own audio codex, might be wrong, had an issue when using in older version of Vent once, that was te offending issue

Oh I'll try reinstalling ts and see what happens. Anyone else had /have similar experience?

I think I managed to get rid of the noice! I played around with the capture settings within TS3, and disabled automatic voice gain control, which seems to take care of it.

Looking forwards to try it out here thursday, and I'll post back with feedback!

-VeggaMan

I acually managed to get rid of the noice by utilizing the filtrering effects in audition with a lot of help from this articel - http://www.psynapticmedia.com/stream-voice-audition-obs/

I tweeked it a bit so it will work best with my setup. Instead of virtual audio cable psynaptic is using im using vb-audio from http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/as a free alternative.

The idea is to route the input audio to audition and apply the virtual audio cable as the output from audition so you can use the modified mic input in your applications. This works with both TS, skype, obs, splitfire and what have you..

Now I have nice and crisp audio :-)

Hopefully some of you guys can benefit from the above mentioned tut/methode as well!

-VeggaMan