Sign in to follow this  
DOOKSY2347

Sturmgewehr

I was thinking how there's the sks in dayz which is a ww2 era weapon, I was wondering if something like the sturmgewehr could be added as a rare weapon that was captured by the Russians during ww2 or something, I know this is probably a no but it was worth a try! (I mainly made this request as I think the sturmgewehr is badass!)

• Like 1

hum :

- about 500 000 produced (so there are few of them left, and they are probably very expensive as a collectionner weapon)

- use 7,92*33 ammo which are not in game yet and devs stated they don't want to introduce new calibers. moreover, this ammunition slowly died after the WWII, replaced by NATO 7,62*51

cool weapon for sure, but if they have to introduce a german WWII weapon (which they don't IMO), it should be the MP 40 (more than 1 000 000 produced) , using the already in game 9mm.

if you like WWII weapons, SVT 40 is a strong candidate to be implemented into DayZ

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 1

See, this is my problem with a large part of the Day Z community.

Instead of refining or adding in new mechanics like more survival, weapon malfunctions, advanced cooking (recipes), more crafting, foraging, medical, etc, the "suggestions" forum is stuffed full of threads like "ADD THIS GUN", " MAEK MOR CAMO".

Like the Sturmgewehr. Chambered in a caliber that literally no other firearm in the game uses (7.92x33mm). 

No need.

• Like 4

I was thinking how there's the sks in dayz which is a ww2 era weapon

Umm...... no its not, was made just after the war and was rarely issued due to the sheer numbers of 91/30's in stock and the fact, top russian brass were testing the AK.

Info on the SKS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKS

Instead of refining or adding in new mechanics like more survival, weapon malfunctions, advanced cooking (recipes), more crafting, foraging, medical, etc, the "suggestions" forum is stuffed full of threads like "ADD THIS GUN", " MAEK MOR CAMO".

Like the Sturmgewehr. Chambered in a caliber that literally no other firearm in the game uses (7.92x33mm). 

No need.

This, this right here!

Beans for you, Sir!

• Like 1

No need.

both types of suggestions exist in the forum and the game devs seems to take no side (for our pleasure !) : both survival mechanics and new weapons are considered and added almost every stable update. look at the 0.57 addition : cooking with a stick,  making fire with handrill, barrel to produce fertilizer and dye things AND svd, vss, red 9, winchester 70, izh 18, ump 45. devs work hard to make everyone happy and don't listen to this big mass of "add weapons" syndrome (which affect me a little to be honest, i just proposed to add the SR-3M :D )

Edited by Zboub le météor

The SKS was after WW2, and was produced far far more than the Sturmgewehr, and not just by Russia, units in the PLA still use Chinese manufactured SKS, there are also different variants like the SKS-M.

Stg 44 one hell of an awesome weapon though there's many reasons it can't come in. There's other ww2 weapons that would make sense even more like the ppsh or pps, TT 33, dp 28, even a maxim though the one that needs to come in is the svt 40.

• Like 1

i'm sure someone mentioned it above but the Sturmgewehr though would be a great weapon supposedly the first actual assault rifle designed as well as there has been a long goin argument that the AK was based off its design. they are very very rare in RL i seen one sell for nearly 30 grand it was in pristine condition(like what i did there). though i could see a collector in chenarus having one i guess it would seem out of place to me in the game. i wanted a BAR and after thinking about it i also believe it just wouldn't fit its not believable now. this is all opinion and really i could care less what guns they add personally. i could see the sten gun being added though I've read that they are very unreliable and jam up a lot but its a gun form WW2 that was extremely mass produced and would be useful to a degree in chenarus as long as it doesn't jam lol.

Edited by gannon46

Its a cool rifle. She is the mother of all modern Assault rifles, way ahead of her time. A lot of these are showing up in Syria and even in East Ukraine. Some StG 44s were built after WW2 in East Germany for their police. However it's ammunition is it's downfall. The few rifles chambered in 7.92x33 are even rarer than the StG 44. Seeing how the devs like to implement ammunition that can be used in multiple weapons, it's doubtful this weapon will interest them.

it would be cool if there was an old battlefield somewhere in north chernanus with rusted and destroyed russian/german tanks and there could be a really rare chance to spawn a mosins/ppsh/mp40's or stg's 

it would be cool if there was an old battlefield somewhere in north chernanus with rusted and destroyed russian/german tanks and there could be a really rare chance to spawn a mosins/ppsh/mp40's or stg's 

I suggested this awhile ago. I think finding an MP40 behind some crates in a barn wouldn't be too immersion breaking. Places like Estonia and Finland are littered with vehicle husks that get rediscovered from time to time.

That being said this German weapon would be a better fit

FG42.jpg

FG42, chambered in 7.92x57, a cartridge in use with many sporting and military bolt action rifles and still in production today. It would be a rare unicorn of anyone's arsenal in game, but more feasible.

I suggested this awhile ago. I think finding an MP40 behind some crates in a barn wouldn't be too immersion breaking. Places like Estonia and Finland are littered with vehicle husks that get rediscovered from time to time.

FG42.jpg

FG42, chambered in 7.92x57, a cartridge in use with many sporting and military bolt action rifles and still in production today. It would be a rare unicorn of anyone's arsenal in game, but more feasible.

Frankly the FG42 is an even worse choice than the Stg44, which is at least used to some little point in Syria, like stated before. However, the Stg.44 was produced like 430,.000 times, whilst the FG42 was produced 1,500 times. 1,500. That's really not a lot, and about 90% of those guns were all used at the Western front, as all the paratrooper units were being moved over there. So, not really a good gun to add.

FG-42? Are you kidding? They produced less than 6,000 total of all variants and nearly all were used on the Western Front late into the war, at a time when Germany would've been completely gone from the Eastern Balkan region and further for the few that would exist on the Russian front (where Chernarus is likely situated.) 

The only real possible weapons would be the KAR-98, MP-40, MG-34/MG-42, Walther PPK, Walther P38, and Luger P08 - the MP-40, PPK, and technically P08 could be done, but the KAR-98 needs a new caliber that doesn't offer a whole lot, the P38 exists in the form of the P1, and the MG-42 has a modern MG-3 variant that would use .308 anyway.

I'm not at all saying it's a common weapon. I'm saying its a better than an StG 44 for the purposes of this game if we really want a WW2 German self loading rifle unless we really want to see a firearm that uses propitiatory ammunition. If we wanted to get picky about it, we could see it being implemented as a semi auto replica that are in production. Such replicas are offered in .308 or 7.92x57 at the cost of 5k USD. Very expensive, although not as expensive as Blaser rifles such as the B95.

The SKS was after WW2, and was produced far far more than the Sturmgewehr, and not just by Russia, units in the PLA still use Chinese manufactured SKS, there are also different variants like the SKS-M.

The SKS-M was an american invention created by the folks at midwest ordinance, or perhaps one gunsmith. Until Clinton forcibly made them teach chinese workers from norinco, and then stopped them from performing the conversions themselves. Man should have been hung as a traitor, I mean, was he trying to systematically destroy american owned small businesses? Go ahead, give midwest ordinance a call and talk to them about the SKS-M conversion, or how 922r isn't valid if you have an "american made rifle". You won't even get that far. I tried it and was hung up on almost immediately, save for a few choice words.

Furthermore (as far as recently), the only use I've heard of the SKS is in the yugoslav wars of the 1990s, and as a parade rifle.

Also, the SKS was tested in limited numbers during the closing years of the war. But then stalin died with his stupid insistence on internal mags, I mean wtf stalin? Personally, I think the svt-40, or even a g41 or g43 might make more sense. The g41 maybe not as much, what with its limited numbers, but hey, it has a 10 round mag, which is useful in this crazy world of dayz where nobody would ever ever ever dare store a mag next to a weapon. No really, the g43 would be a better choice (over the g41, not the svt-40). The mags are numbered, why wouldn't they be with the gun? However, at the end of the war, the g43 was getting to be crap, cracking bolts, poor metallurgy etc. That all being said, the israelis converted a bunch of k98s after the war into .308. No country has ever done this with a g43, but this guy did.

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=105817&sid=7d9f332604fd1fc48473cc81c6c38d96&start=15

On a side note, the alaska doesn't come in .308 either, so I suppose no explanation would even be necessary. Then again, maybe the same argument could be given for an stg? NOPE it's 7.62x39, don't ask! Then of course, the stg would only be found in private homes (at least until we get a museum, if we do). Kinda like an AK, but it can't take a scope, unless they add some sort of advanced crafting feature. (on another strange side note, several companies do still make fairly authentic functional reproductions of the stg, the mp40, and the fg-42, if you want to shell out a few grand).

I've seen some pictures of conflicts with people using stg44 as a rifle. My bet would be on prvi partizan. Or maybe militias keep old ammo? I order my surplus ammo from aim. Of course, this was on a fun free powerpoint about a german doctor giving a lecture on treatment gunshot wounds, you can find it for free. He remarks the girl holding this rifle is probably unaware its worth "20 grand" he said. (As others have said, I'd guess higher).

The SKS-M was an american invention created by the folks at midwest ordinance, or perhaps one gunsmith. Until Clinton forcibly made them teach chinese workers from norinco, and then stopped them from performing the conversions themselves. Man should have been hung as a traitor, I mean, was he trying to systematically destroy american owned small businesses? Go ahead, give midwest ordinance a call and talk to them about the SKS-M conversion, or how 922r isn't valid if you have an "american made rifle". You won't even get that far. I tried it and was hung up on almost immediately, save for a few choice words.

Furthermore (as far as recently), the only use I've heard of the SKS is in the yugoslav wars of the 1990s, and as a parade rifle.

Also, the SKS was tested in limited numbers during the closing years of the war. But then stalin died with his stupid insistence on internal mags, I mean wtf stalin? Personally, I think the svt-40, or even a g41 or g43 might make more sense. The g41 maybe not as much, what with its limited numbers, but hey, it has a 10 round mag, which is useful in this crazy world of dayz where nobody would ever ever ever dare store a mag next to a weapon. No really, the g43 would be a better choice (over the g41, not the svt-40). The mags are numbered, why wouldn't they be with the gun? However, at the end of the war, the g43 was getting to be crap, cracking bolts, poor metallurgy etc. That all being said, the israelis converted a bunch of k98s after the war into .308. No country has ever done this with a g43, but this guy did.

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=105817&sid=7d9f332604fd1fc48473cc81c6c38d96&start=15

On a side note, the alaska doesn't come in .308 either, so I suppose no explanation would even be necessary. Then again, maybe the same argument could be given for an stg? NOPE it's 7.62x39, don't ask! Then of course, the stg would only be found in private homes (at least until we get a museum, if we do). Kinda like an AK, but it can't take a scope, unless they add some sort of advanced crafting feature. (on another strange side note, several companies do still make fairly authentic functional reproductions of the stg, the mp40, and the fg-42, if you want to shell out a few grand).

I've seen some pictures of conflicts with people using stg44 as a rifle. My bet would be on prvi partizan. Or maybe militias keep old ammo? I order my surplus ammo from aim. Of course, this was on a fun free powerpoint about a german doctor giving a lecture on treatment gunshot wounds, you can find it for free. He remarks the girl holding this rifle is probably unaware its worth "20 grand" he said. (As others have said, I'd guess higher).

The SKS was the standard issue rifle in the red army for some years after the war, there'd be more than a few of them lying around in a former soviet state, as for the STG, the only example I can think of are the few that turned up in Syria, part of gifted kit giving to Syria by the USSR along with other former German kit. The rifles found in the Syrian civil war were of little use as they couldn't get much ammo for them.

The SKS was the standard issue rifle in the red army for some years after the war, there'd be more than a few of them lying around in a former soviet state, as for the STG, the only example I can think of are the few that turned up in Syria, part of gifted kit giving to Syria by the USSR along with other former German kit. The rifles found in the Syrian civil war were of little use as they couldn't get much ammo for them.

Oh yeah, there's bunches of them around, I was just referring to how someone said they're still in use. I could only think of the albanians and a few other areas from the yugo wars, and all chromed out as a parade rifle. Of course maybe they're still used by insurgents in the middle east? I have no idea. They were used extensively in korea and vietnam for sure. They're everywhere man.

So I guess they didn't use prvi partizan :P Hornady also makes some btw. Does syria have tough firearms or import laws? While not super common, you can ultimately find them in the US. It's been a while, but I think I saw some at gander mountain. They one where I used to live had like 2 or 3 aisles of rifle ammo of just the randomest stuff. I for sure saw some 7.7 arisaka. I mean, it's really a crap shoot when you go to these places. I for the life of me couldn't find any 7.5 swiss ammo where I lived, but in a town about an hour away (in a much smaller town) at the mc sports, they have a whole shelf of it for pretty cheap (back in 2007 or 2008).

I hope these guys hold onto these rifles in the hopes that maybe one day we'll be aloud to own them here! 5,000 stgs would be snatched up immediately.

Stranger things have happened. I think we'll see legal marijuana before we see legal imported stgs.

But as I said earlier, 

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/22/new-mp-44-sturmgewehr-rifles-coming-us/

http://www.el-be-tac.com/usa-exports/

Haha, I think I'd rather have a newly made one of any already semi-auto firearm.

I'm not at all saying it's a common weapon. I'm saying its a better than an StG 44 for the purposes of this game if we really want a WW2 German self loading rifle unless we really want to see a firearm that uses propitiatory ammunition. If we wanted to get picky about it, we could see it being implemented as a semi auto replica that are in production. Such replicas are offered in .308 or 7.92x57 at the cost of 5k USD. Very expensive, although not as expensive as Blaser rifles such as the B95.

Yeah, but in the end I wouldn't say it's necessary, because it doesn't even hold any sort of niche. Even the Desert Eagle, which is probably the weirdest choice the devs have made, still fills the role of "high caliber semi-auto pistol." The FG-42 has plenty of other realistic analogues and doesn't need to be represented for the sake of having WW2 German weapons - we already have the P1 and Red 9 that do that (though the P1 wasn't made til after the war and Red 9's were out of service by then, the P38 and C96 were both used then.)

And if they really want more they could add an MP-40 or an MG-3, both of which I actually think would be pretty good and distinct choices that are different from other comparable weapons. Though in the end Russian WW2 weapons (i.e. SVT-40, TT-33, PPSh-41, etc) are the best bet for that classic feel of gun.

Oh yeah, there's bunches of them around, I was just referring to how someone said they're still in use. I could only think of the albanians and a few other areas from the yugo wars, and all chromed out as a parade rifle. Of course maybe they're still used by insurgents in the middle east? I have no idea. They were used extensively in korea and vietnam for sure. They're everywhere man.

So I guess they didn't use prvi partizan :P Hornady also makes some btw. Does syria have tough firearms or import laws? While not super common, you can ultimately find them in the US. It's been a while, but I think I saw some at gander mountain. They one where I used to live had like 2 or 3 aisles of rifle ammo of just the randomest stuff. I for sure saw some 7.7 arisaka. I mean, it's really a crap shoot when you go to these places. I for the life of me couldn't find any 7.5 swiss ammo where I lived, but in a town about an hour away (in a much smaller town) at the mc sports, they have a whole shelf of it for pretty cheap (back in 2007 or 2008).

I hope these guys hold onto these rifles in the hopes that maybe one day we'll be aloud to own them here! 5,000 stgs would be snatched up immediately.

Stranger things have happened. I think we'll see legal marijuana before we see legal imported stgs.

But as I said earlier, 

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/22/new-mp-44-sturmgewehr-rifles-coming-us/

http://www.el-be-tac.com/usa-exports/

Haha, I think I'd rather have a newly made one of any already semi-auto firearm.

Well they're not quite in military use bar with Chinese reserve units and as ceremonial weapons but paramilitaries use them, notably in the Balkans, Ukraine and middle east

Yeah, but in the end I wouldn't say it's necessary, because it doesn't even hold any sort of niche. Even the Desert Eagle, which is probably the weirdest choice the devs have made, still fills the role of "high caliber semi-auto pistol." The FG-42 has plenty of other realistic analogues and doesn't need to be represented for the sake of having WW2 German weapons - we already have the P1 and Red 9 that do that (though the P1 wasn't made til after the war and Red 9's were out of service by then, the P38 and C96 were both used then.)

And if they really want more they could add an MP-40 or an MG-3, both of which I actually think would be pretty good and distinct choices that are different from other comparable weapons. Though in the end Russian WW2 weapons (i.e. SVT-40, TT-33, PPSh-41, etc) are the best bet for that classic feel of gun.

I like the idea of an MG3, hearing those things in person while deployed was awesome. I would like to see it in game. I welcome the desert eagle in game as I like to think the cowadoody crowd will scoop up these range toys while passing up other more practical weapons they come across. I like the FG 42 and it's .308 replica for the adaptability over it's more well known cousin, as it has an interrogated bipod,bayonet slot, and compatibility with M14 magazines, but in the end it's up to the devs. We have the C96 and the P8 but a long arm or MP40 perhaps would really complement the group.

I like the idea of an MG3, hearing those things in person while deployed was awesome. I would like to see it in game. I welcome the desert eagle in game as I like to think the cowadoody crowd will scoop up these range toys while passing up other more practical weapons they come across. I like the FG 42 and it's .308 replica for the adaptability over it's more well known cousin, as it has an interrogated bipod,bayonet slot, and compatibility with M14 magazines, but in the end it's up to the devs. We have the C96 and the P8 but a long arm or MP40 perhaps would really complement the group.

I'm assuming that because it's a desert eagle and because it's got gold plating all over it, it's probably going to be one of those hyper rare loot economy items where only ~1 spawns per server at like 0.0001% chance. I actually like the idea of rare things like that; things that exist only to be "prize items" and kept as trophies rather than actually having extreme practical value (because let's face it, a golden desert eagle is going to attract tons of attention, and a one round increase does not make it more practical than the Magnum.)

I'm assuming that because it's a desert eagle and because it's got gold plating all over it, it's probably going to be one of those hyper rare loot economy items where only ~1 spawns per server at like 0.0001% chance. I actually like the idea of rare things like that; things that exist only to be "prize items" and kept as trophies rather than actually having extreme practical value (because let's face it, a golden desert eagle is going to attract tons of attention, and a one round increase does not make it more practical than the Magnum.)

But the rof does. :D

I'd use one for that alone. Though still, I'd much rather a coonan. The desert eagle has this stupid area in the front where it gets all full of crap. Luckily, this won't be an issue in dayz.

I miss I44 dayz mod lol , such an awesome setting. Zombies in world war 2 , I would frequently find the mp-40 and this gun In that game near a firestation then proceed to rendezvous with my allies ... I wonder if there will be some unique setting mods for dayz standalone (like world war 2 themed mods and such). But ya adding this gun could wait .