Sign in to follow this  
belva7121

super bug or what?

Good morning, I wanted to point this bug, which I think makes this absurd game, I was in one place and my friend was lying on a roof, I saw him standing and he tells me to try to shoot, so I did and hit and I've ruined the vest, but he was lying on the roof protected by a low wall, absurd !!!

this is my friend:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=447598831

and so I saw it:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988157915/screenshot/39750083262382547

You understand that a game like this, you do not show things in real time, is not a game to play! Another time even I could not see my friend next to me and that gave me the punches and I did not see anyone!

I hope that solve this absurd bugs!!!

The whole standing up one your screen but not on theirs was likely to do with him gun glitching. It's when you are continually putting your weapon away and pulling it out, you don't make any footsteps and your character appears to be standing everyone else's screen but yours. It's got me killed but also helped me to shoot and kill some snipers. Best advice if you roll with a group is to tell them if you see it.

Make sure you out these on the bug tracker too, it'll help the devs to prioritise certain bugs

• Like 3

When you are in such a delicate position for spotting or sniping, what I always do is to constantly put my weapon on the back and equip it again (Every minute or so). It also works to put a melee type weapon or a pistol in your hands and then switch back to your primary.

... your character appears to be standing everyone else's screen but yours. ... Best advice if you roll with a group is to tell them if you see it.

Actually we tested this several times by now, and I can confirm this is no guarantee, that someone else cannnot see you glitching. My guess is that this glitch can be randomly seen by someone who enters your network bubble.

Make sure you out these on the bug tracker too, it'll help the devs to prioritise certain bugs

You got my beans for that because this glitch is in for so long. In the actual experimental build it got even worse and happens like every time you log in.

Edited by eXon-Simon

When you are in such a delicate position for spotting or sniping, what I always do is to constantly put my weapon on the back and equip it again (Every minute or so). It also works to put a melee type weapon or a pistol in your hands and then switch back to your primary.

Actually we tested this several times by now, and I can confirm this is no guarantee, that someone else cannnot see you glitching. My guess is that this glitch can be randomly seen by someone who enters your network bubble.

You got my beans for that because this glitch is in for so long. In the actual experimental build it got even worse and happens like every time you log in.

Ahh ok, I didn't realise it wasn't the same for every player. I usually play with either one or maybe two people and when they have said it I've asked how I am posed on the screen and they'll respond 'standing' so I just put 2+2 together and got DayZ'd lol

Please use the bug tracker and read the stickies

This.

The bugtracker is a thing. Use it. That's the only real way to have a bug being looked at.

• Like 1

The testing I've done with the weapon glitch has shown me that when someone new logs into your server will see everyone doing this "gun glitch" if you have a weapon in hand. As someone else has said, put your gun away every couple of minutes.

Edited by RagedDrew

I submitted this bug a few months ago.  Inconsistency between clients is pretty bad for a game like this, yeah.

I really hope they get that stuff worked out.