Sign in to follow this  
jnas

server_monitor.sqf needlessly updating vehicles on restart

I made a post about this small problem here > http://opendayz.net/threads/vehicle-cleanup-routine-probs-dayz-1-8-5.21859/

tl:dr - I run a completely vanilla DayZ server. A large proportion of my map's vehicles are having their "last_updated" field reset to sysdate somehow a minute or two after each restart. At first I thought it was an sql routine but it seems as though my server_monitor.sqf is the culprit.

It's not a huge problem, but this issue makes pCleanup much less effective as so many vehicles are having their "last_updated" field reset to sysdate after every restart.

I can't see a pattern in why only some vehicles are having this problem. Sometimes vehicles that have just been spawned in by the restart are affected and have their last_updated field reset a few minutes after, but sometimes not - it's a bit weird.

Thanks in advance for any help,

J

No worries - done.

It is very possible it is not the server_monitor.sqf at all, though you say you are running completely vanilla... There are some mpmission files depending on what you have running client side that can update vehicles in the database. Also, you may be experiencing the update that occurs when a player gets near a vehicle. These vehicles, which can include buildings on the map, will be updated whenever a player gets near them. This function ensures that the client is updated with any changes to the status of the vehicles and buildings. It appears to also update the records in the database whenever they are accessed. This is also likely happening to anything else in the database that a player gets near as well. It should also explain why there doesn't seem to be a pattern to which vehicles are being updated. Of course, I could also be very wrong about this, but suspect it is the case.