Sign in to follow this  
Evil Minion

[CLE/0.57] Loot interaction failure experiment

9 members have voted

1. 1. Does the procedure allow you to interact?

• Yes (0.57 experimental)
    • No (0.57 experimental)
    • Sometimes (0.57 experimental)
    • Yes (0.55 stable)
    • No (0.55 stable)
    • Sometimes (0.55 stable)
    • I have no idea but want to vote regardless

This is more for the experimental players as the stable version might work differently here. Most player might have encountered a situation were they entered a building and tried to interact with an item inside (most likely take it). However, upon choosing the action nothing happened and the item stayed on the ground. Dropped items seem to disappear.

Now try the following:

1. Leave the building the way you came in.
  2. Take a close look at the door you used to enter the building. (Do you find your dropped loot here?)
  3. If it gives you the "open" option while already open do the following: open > close > open.
  4. The door should now be open, enter the building and go back to the item you wanted to interact with.
  5. Try to interact, come back here and report whether it worked.

Somehow you are not always registered as inside the building before you re-enter. Also the same reason as why zeds hit you from outside. Especially the policestation seem to cause this a lot.

Edited by aasand

I find that it doesn't even take leaving the building. In my experience, leaving the room and getting close enough to another item to interact fixes the issue with the original item I wanted to interact with.