Sign in to follow this  
ThatHobbit

First Player Kill

Hello everyone!

So today, I was running around the northeast airfield near Krasnostav. It wasn't long before some idiot bandit started taking potshots at me. I'm pretty new, and I'm not exactly equipped to tell where shots are coming from, so I just kind of chose a direction to run and booked it. I looped back into town, only to hear loud DMR shots near me. Sure enough, I peeked around the corner and saw the bandit sniper that had been shooting at me. I was faced with a bit of a dilemma here. Up to this point, for the most part, I'd been playing friendly. I'd only ever shot at one player, and I ended up taking pity on him and trying to help him out. But as I looked around the the side of the building, a couple of thoughts flew through my head. Primarily, "That DMR is so...nice...and shiny...and his backpack is so spacious..." as well as, "this guy is a crazy snipin' psycho!" Eventually, I worked up the courage to pop around the edge and hose him down with my M16 and steal his fancy gear and all of his raw goat. Delicious.

There you have it; my very first player kill.

My question to you guys is-- What was yours? What situation led to your first kill? How did it happen?

Answer if you want, I'd be interested to know.

It was a long time ago....the mod days.

I had an AKM and some fool started shooting at me with a Makarov after i told the guy to put his gun away.

Lit him up nicely.

• Like 1

My first kill was a few years back now. It was a hatchet kill on a static sniper a top the hill overlooking Elecktro. I spawned In a random coastal town which now I know is Kamyshovo but back then I hadn't a clue. Found a hatchet in the waterside hangar and after some mass exploring of the town I followed the road to see so as not to get lost and see what where it would take me. As I was reaching Elecktro I could hear a faint shot coming from inland. Rather than put myself in harms way I turned straight towards the gunshot origin. I went off road up the hill and through the trees staying in as straight a line as I could (didn't know about holding ALT back then ).

After a while if could see the other end of the treeline so I dropped down and listened and watched for a moment. Then I got a fright when a loud enough gunshot rang out from just behind me. I had either passed him or he had repositioned to a area behind me. I turned and watched for movement for a moment. I saw a gun barrel twitch behind a tree from the corner of my eye. I spent the next 10 mins trying to figure out how to use the hatchet. Eventually managing to get it from my toolbekt and into my hands I approache him slowly. I was within 5m of him when he began to stand up. I rushed to him quickly and took a swing knocking him to the ground and I walked over to claim my prize. Then I saw him move.. I had only broke his leg. He began spamming shots and me and took quite a bit of blood from me. I began flaying the hatchet at him while trying to keep moving. After something. Like my 15th swing I managed to connect and killed him. I accessed his gear and then collapsed unconsious. I died to Zeds but had gotten my first kill.

Little did I know the path it would set me on all those years ago. Now I'm the premo bandit. I'm ruthless and merciless. I take everything and spare no one. A pure PVP junkie with no morals in game.

• Like 1

Like you, he believed the dark side could be conquered from within. Such was not to be. The dark side seduced him utterly…and player kills became his path! Odan-Urr

I cannot remember my first player kill, but I remember vividly how got killed by a player for the first time:

I was with 3 friends of mine who have been playing the game for about a week (that was back when the soldier bodies caused graphic bugs). After some time, we finally managed to find each other. We met by the house behind Balota airfield. (046 126) They asked me what weapon I want and I said, I wanted to try to play as a sniper (what a fool I was ^.^). So they gave me their precious CZ550. Probably the best weapon they had. After about 2 minutes of holding the gun I accidentally pressed LMB and shot the thing. My friends instantly realized that every zombie of balota was going to run towards us. So they started panicking and shouted "Ruuun ruuuuuun" and ran up the street northwards. I remember telling them that it was me who shot, not understanding what the problem was. They then told me to look behind me and there was this huge crowd of zombies running towards us. I fucking shat my pants. Back then we thought of zombies as the main threat.

Well we ran up to the metal barn thing in the little village thing above balota. (048 125) and killed the zombies in there. We couldn't even kill all the zombies before someone started shooting at us. Me and one of my friends were upstairs in this little room thingy, my other mates were downstairs. They both died and the friend who remained panicked and shouted at me to look outside the window and shoot the enemy. I tried to spot him (while looking through the scope) and of course didn't see shit. He: "shoot him shoot him" Me: "I don't see him, I don't see him" He: "You are the sniper, you have to shoot him" Me: "I don't know where he is" and then we both died. Never saw the guy. Had no idea where he was shooting from or what weapon he used.

TL;DR: Met up with friends for first time, they gave me a CZ, 5 minutes later everyone got killed bc I had no idea what I was doing.

Pro Tip:

Record some of your early gameplay. It's a lot of fun to go back and re-watch it when you've mastered the game. Doesn't have to be something like killing players, anything goes. Nothing better than seeing how amazed you were when you found something totally worthless but thought you found something very good, or being finally able to see the guy who killed you bc you ain't blind anymore.

• Like 1

Running around Cherno looking for survival gear I had a 12 gauge. Managed to get head to head with some player at point blank range and we both pointed. I waited for a sec and then he shot, I instantly returned fire. He died (saw it writtend on screen) and I passed out. Woke up on 1k of blood, walked around (passing out a few more times) on black and white and died some time later I believe. Boy was I proud that guy didn't get away with murder!

This is a cool thread by the way!

Edited by Fulcrum
  • Like 1

This is a cool thread by the way!

Thanks man, it's nice to see some hilarious responses!

Ahh, mine was a guy just outside of Berinzino (been a while, cant remember the spelling exactly). I had made my way inland through the woods, got lost as all hell, finally stumbled into a town. I crawled into town, being a bit of a noob. I heard shots from a hill nearby. i ran towards the shots, Revolver at the ready. i saw a man running from ~15 Zed. I lit him up with 4 revolver shots to the torso. he passed out, got eaten, once the Zed wandered off i got myself a sniper rifle (the Civilian one.) Proceeded to go on a killing spree.

• Like 1