boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Nice report, BioHaze, thank you :)

-snip-

What happened? I don't know. Anyone else experiencing this weird issue?

Thanks!

I have seen this in stable myself but never for quite as long as you describe.

• Like 1

I don't know what this issue is, it's like I am losing control over any movement and that really was the point where I said "Screw it, I'm outta here."

my toon act like yours when there is an heavy desync, stood still for a while (OK, not the best idea with zeds on your back) and it should be fixed.

Happend most to me when many people try to connect to the server...

• Like 1

It's not the first time either. It happened yesterday when I finally went in for about ten minutes. When this started happening I just left, hoping it would magically fix itself today. Looks like it's not :/

Back on the road to Dolina I munched on apples. Then all of a sudden my character started turning on the spot, the mouse became completely useless, I tried to move and it started lagging like there was no tomorrow. It wouldn't let me get out of the house I was in, then I was able to take two more steps, all of a sudden I am looking skywards, turning in place and rotating like a electric drill.

I don't know what this issue is, it's like I am losing control over any movement and that really was the point where I said "Screw it, I'm outta here."

I had the same thing happened yesterday but only for 30 sec. or maybe 60 sec. then it stopped and i could move again.

Edited by xCrankx

my toon act like yours when there is an heavy desync, stood still for a while (OK, not the best idea with zeds on your back) and it should be fixed.

Happend most to me when many people try to connect to the server...

Thanks wasnu, I think I'll try that when I jump back in! I'll see if it keeps happening, and if so, I'll just try to make the best of it :)

Edited by Demonica

"YOLO no zombies server" had more than a few zombies....

I found a box of 9mm, a box of .22, and 10 .357 rounds, with a pristine can opener stacked neatly on top of each other in a crows nest in Balota.

I stayed on the coast because YOLO I guess but still saw no player sign besides absence of loot.

Full server was slow to respond but hunger/thirst seemed equally slow.

If this server comes back, I hope I still have my pumpkin patch.

Edit:

We do sometimes get info on what conclusions testing brought about.

Removal of zombies is a recent example.

Seen you on the server Bio but I had Zeds in my location...Sinistok. This build is much better than the experimental I was on yesterday. But what is with the going prone when eating? And eating/drinking actions seem to hang for several minutes. If you don't wait it out then the action is cancelled. Other than that everything worked well. Had a garden, got healthy, managed my interactions with Zeds nicely. Meaning I ran like hell! Didn't get to try a truck....are they still doing 360's and flipping?

Oh crap you might have been talking about the regular experimental and not the test server....but I did see you on the test server.

• Like 1

Good morning  :D  I just wanted to start stumbling through Chernarus, still half asleep and was greeted by Steam telling me about another update.

Not too shabby, I wonder what changed this time - I'm kinda hoping they changed the starving rate or at least adjusted it.

I read that the servers are online, so let me try to get my shitty connection to work, and I'll see y'all in Chernarus :)

You'll need to speak with the folks at the front desk about getting a younger, stronger hamster to power their wireless access point.

• Like 2

Nice report, BioHaze, thank you :)

I agree, performance is killing me, combined with terrible ping and connection issues it is not very enjoyable right now. Spawned in Solnichny, made my way up the road to Dolina. I found 2 Cans of TacBac, then went into the woods and deployed my hare snare. Unfortunately I got kicked of the server. So I rejoined, ran back to where I had deployed the snare - and it was gone.

Well, Shit, I think. I did find a Shovel and was able to take out three Zeds altogether. They seem to be somewhat easier to kill, but still pack quite a punch. I was unable to dodge out of the way and my screen went grey.

Back on the road to Dolina I munched on apples. Then all of a sudden my character started turning on the spot, the mouse became completely useless, I tried to move and it started lagging like there was no tomorrow. It wouldn't let me get out of the house I was in, then I was able to take two more steps, all of a sudden I am looking skywards, turning in place and rotating like a electric drill.

Did pea soup come out of your mouth? It sounds like you may need an exorcist!

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 1

Lol did the devs really name their special server the "YOLO" server ? Lol I love those crazy Czechs .... Time to hopefully get on some experimental if I have time before work ...

• Like 1

Welp, unfortunately there was no priest around and the happy twirlicious twirling continued, even though I was the only one on the server for quite a long time. I think I will take a break for at least an hour, my head's still spinning.

Have fun everybunny and keep us updated!  :D 

• Like 1

anyone use the bow on the yolo server?  it was bugged like in .55 for me   

Pretty sure yolo is basically the same version as the latest experimental and I used a bow on that last night.

Also, I think I've found my home, I'll likely wander for a while but I always find myself drifting back here...

XANt00i.jpg

• Like 6

There is a problem with item disapearing, when it was stuck in inventory and not showing up in vincinity although it is in front of you on the ground and in your inventory at the same time. After reloging the item is nowehere to see. I hope you get logs on this. Not ready for stable, yet.

Pretty sure yolo is basically the same version as the latest experimental and I used a bow on that last night.

Also, I think I've found my home, I'll likely wander for a while but I always find myself drifting back here...

XANt00i.jpg

You want to live by a graveyard? That's not morbid at all LOL, all we need now is some gothic clothes and skull rings as brass knuckles ^^

I hate this "Let's cram the rats into a box with X objects and see wtf they do" without any hints. THAT'S NOT WHAT ALPHA TESTING IS!

The devs aren't getting good data like this

Sometimes telling us would actually defeat the point. Occasionally, they need to validate whether or not something is a good idea, and if they told us what it was ahead of time then it may affect how we approach it or deal with its consequences. When I say "good idea," I'm not exclusively referring to concepts either; I'm also referring to things like server settings (i.e. weather), a new piece of code that hasn't been tested on a large scale yet, etc.

Sorry to drag my rant back up, but I'm saying that's exactly the WRONG idea.

*Careful*

I'm saying it's the wrong idea in THIS specific setup.

If there was a single release chain, your argument makes sense in the dev world (If there was just a "stable" and no "exp" chain). The general audience is crammed in with the tester audience. So it's a mess of everything, and you can only take what you can get.

But when you have two chains, it doesn't make sense to keep the testers out of the loop. If they are on stable, they don't need to be kept that close. They are playing for fun, or to get the general scope of the game. That's where you find the major bugs that didn't get caught before since it wasn't mass-scale. But if you are on exp branch, you're there for a reason (Or supposed to be anyway!) your experiences are exactly what the devs (should) need feedback on. I don't see any decent feedback collection happening asides from this forum, which has no real development flow, or a bug tracker system. Bug system is great for stable to report bugs... (Whoda thunk it lol?). Exp needs to be much more closely connected with the devs and testers. This is how it's done in any decent development world.

Picture it like this... You're designing a remote controlled car.

Exp is the tests in the lab/hanger/warehouse. Everyone needs to be in the loop with what's going on... and adjustments to parameters (steering mechanism as example) need to be done quickly.

You're not stupid enough to let the thing ram into the wall at full speed, put it back on the bench and go "Hmm that didn't work. Let's rebuild it all" (That is currently what's being done right now... Weeks between any kind of adjustments). Instead you run the simulation slowly and controlled, and take in all the feedback at near realtime, and adjust the algorithms inch by inch. So it may be a little wobbly at first, but at the end of the day it will be moving somewhat straight. You don't keep the engineers/analysts locked out of the room. (We ARE the analysts when it comes to exp)

Stable is the tests outside on the track.

The thing is going straight, and you're fairly confident it won't explode. OK so it will hit the wall anyway. But not catastrophically. It just takes slight tweaks here and there again. This is when you put the controls into the hands of the customer for the first time. (This is the general stable audience)

-----------------------

Perhaps the entire problem is that the general public HAS access to the exp? Maybe lock this down to a select group that understand how dev testing works and what kind of stuff to report as opposed to "It's BROKEN!"

Oh wait... that's how it's done in the real world with closed alpha/beta testing.

The issue is we have an "Alpha" game that runs both an "Alpha" and "Pre-kinda-alpha" chain... In an open world that should have been closed until Beta at the very least.

They want everyone to play and comment and help development progress, but they're not listening or communicating.

Last Beta I was part of that pulled that bullshit was the Elder Scrolls Online beta... and most of us know how much shit they wound up wiping off their face... and how badly their game flopped in comparison to their other titles.

I don't think DayZ could ever get THAT bad, as they do somewhat listen to their users, but the progress and communication is so slow and bad that the game will never finish by 2020 in its current flow.

-------------------------

Again sorry for the rant. I get frustrated because I love this game, and it's floundering. I love the improvements and new items and many of the awesome new systems being done for the first time. But when you're trying to experiment with these new mechanisms and you constantly have the devs cranking the variables to the extremes, it wears down on user patience. Sadly so many of us have funded the game so well, that they could wrap up tomorrow and close down the development, and walk away with a decent pile of cash. So they don't really have to do squat for us. They owe us nothing since we (stupidly? Myself included) paid them upfront with no recourse available on a bad delivery.

You want to live by a graveyard? That's not morbid at all LOL, all we need now is some gothic clothes and skull rings as brass knuckles ^^

Well, the graveyard is incidental and it's more like a grave patch not a full graveyard. The overall location is the real selling point. Plus, I figure with a bunch of half-dead infected wandering about maybe there is some solace in being near people who are well and truly dead. :D

Again sorry for the rant. I get frustrated because I love this game, and it's floundering. I love the improvements and new items and many of the awesome new systems being done for the first time. But when you're trying to experiment with these new mechanisms and you constantly have the devs cranking the variables to the extremes, it wears down on user patience. Sadly so many of us have funded the game so well, that they could wrap up tomorrow and close down the development, and walk away with a decent pile of cash. So they don't really have to do squat for us. They owe us nothing since we (stupidly? Myself included) paid them upfront with no recourse available on a bad delivery.

It's at this point where your argument goes zooming right off the rails. What in essence you are saying is that you don't like participating in Early Access. That's completely fine, just say that, and avoid the wall of text which basically says only that. The debate over the pros and cons of EA is quite old and worn-out by now so we won't rehash that here but your last sentence betrays that is what you're driving at. If you feel worn out and your patience is running thin please spare yourself and those of us who are robustly engaging with the production by taking a break. :)

• Like 8

Found a SVD but no scope.... high-cap vests for everyone, loot splosions in almost every town i visited. Found lots of food. Gunshots really piss off zeds.

It's at this point where your argument goes zooming right off the rails. What in essence you are saying is that you don't like participating in Early Access.

That's not what I'm saying. I've participated in many early access developments for games and commercial products.

What I'm saying is I'm not pleased with THIS particular early access, and how it's being conducted.

I know I'm kicking a bees nest saying this, but this isn't how early access or alpha/beta testing is normally conducted in the real world.

It's like saying you're willing to help a friend move, and he tells you it's going to be difficult (that much you understood), but when you start working, he throws rocks at you the entire time and asks you why you're getting pissed off. Then everyone else helping him move calls you a pussy because you're complaining about the asshole behavior of the friend. The job would go a lot smoother with some very basic cooperation from the host.

There comes a point where "Guys I know this is alpha, and bumps are expected along the way, but this is getting a little ridiculous."

It's kinda simple. Keep parameters easily and quickly adjustable, and listen to your user base and make adjustments in a timely manner... Or don't go freaking crazy with the adjustments and leave them for weeks at a time. You want people to test and report back, don't purposely kick their feet out from under them on every step. Yes the DayZ testers probably like a challenge. That's great, feed it, but don't mow them over in the process either. Smooth it out a bit?

It's like saying you're willing to help a friend move, and he tells you it's going to be difficult (that much you understood), but when you start working, he throws rocks at you the entire time and asks you why you're getting pissed off. Then everyone else helping him move calls you a pussy because you're complaining about the asshole behavior of the friend. The job would go a lot smoother with some very basic cooperation from the host.

This is a horrible, horrible attempt at an analogy.

Also, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

• Like 4

Well, as much as I'd like to have the starvation again to live off the land, it's seems there's food everywhere. Can't be sure if it's items respawning or just left overs, as I haven't backtracked on the server I was on.

It looks like Southcentral 3PP 1-1 keeps CTD when trying to get in. All other servers works fine for me.

I have to say that I'm having lots of fun in current experimental, but can't wait for it to hit stable, as they said all stable public servers wouldn't have persistence enabled.

For those who wants proof, read the status report.

As these systems are actively being worked on by the gameplay programming team - the stable branch update will have the spawning of infected, and the persistence disabled on stable branch servers. This is only a temporary measure while these two issues continue to be worked on, and we'll see both base building, and infected return with a vengeance as soon as possible.

I love that. Having persistence only tested on experimental might help the general experience, as we've been testing DayZ with persistence for the past 6-8 months without much improvement on that side. Thing I'd love to see fixed the most right now would be the dynamic events, as all the heli crash sites and wrecked police cars spawn at the exact same place since 0.55, and there's nothing dynamic at all with that.

One thing I find pretty weird though, is that a while ago, maybe back in August or September last year, Brian Hicks said there wouldn't be any static police cars, and asked us the locations of those we found. Fellow member Deathlove and I had provided him with screenshots and locations of the static police cars we knew (one at "terminus", next to the office, for example) and in the next build, they were removed.

But, what about now? There's seem to still be few static police cars out there. The one in the parking lot between Novo and Severograd, the one in the garage behind the police station of Severograd and the crashed one at 052 004 near Stary Yar. My question is: Do they still want static police cars, or will they all be dynamic eventually?? 

Lastly, there's no starvation at all in the current exp build.  B)

3PP

w8qs2g.jpg

34eyder.jpg

1PP

10dz5dy.jpg

2zele2t.jpg

2953ajl.jpg

Some random shots of experimental 0.57, various builds. Keep up the good work Eugene, Chris, devs, you're doing great!!  :thumbsup:

bf2s0y.jpg

Simple pepper gardening.

opxpqb.jpg

1e53cl.jpg

Upgrayedd!

5kf5za.jpg

Cooking meat on a stick is quite enjoyable. Didn't have my fishing gear this time, but I'll be sure to carry it on 0.57 stable!!  B)

2hmotba.jpg

• Like 6

but this isn't how early access or alpha/beta testing is normally conducted in the real world.

You're the master of this world and have all it's knowledge?? What are you still doing on this forum!!!  :o

<_<  Seriously though, I've participated in about 35-40 alpha stage softwares for the past 10 years or so, and I'm currently in 11 alphas/betas. What you're saying makes no sense, as it been a rather very similar experience for all those alphas and betas... The ones that are not normally conducted are resumed to the ones who don't complete their work. (WarZ, Stomping Land, The Fifth Day, etc.)

No matter what I say, or you say, you're entitled to your opinion, but telling it like it's a fact is just plain wrong, fundamentally.

Back on topic: Gonna try this YOLO test server if it's still up!  :thumbsup:

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Thats enough of this shit I think I will wait till the next exp update. It seams the more you die the shorter your starting life span is I could not go past 30 sec before I was dieing.  What chance do you have?

Try changing servers.

FYI, the eastern suppressor will now fit on the AKM.  Previously it only would fit on the 74's and the 101's.

• Like 4