Sign in to follow this  
dorn956

NPC (Dead) Bodies

There should be a common spawn of dead bodies laying against walls, on beds, and the streets (etc.), that have (or can have) loot placed on their bodies - either spawned in with or placed by a player.

[ Optional: Players when skinned / bodies hidden after x amount of time become skeletons, unless buried with a shovel ]

So maybe some skeletons with military clothes on in a hanger, or maybe a civilian corpse on a bed with a pistol in a holster... things like that.

-Credit to my girlfriend for thinking of this* :)

i've seen this suggested a few times as well as some others for more atmosphere with corpses guts,gibs,and blood. i remember reading if i can find the thread that the dev will not be adding in to much flare/decorations. but don't fret i'm sure a modder or two once we hit full release will oblige us with there version of hell on earth. then again things change and we might actually see the dev team come through for us and add some more gore.

The devs said they are going to add world container type loot spawns, perhaps they could just make a bunch of statis dead human models and have them be world containers to loot...

Currently they have all kinds of ways of giving variance to objects of the same model (beds/dressers moved around, etc..) they could do the same with human placement and injury type.

What I think he means is random static spawns of interest like the cop cars/ heli crash sites but with dead bodies that have some basic items on them. This is a pretty good idea i think.. spice up the loot hunding a bit by running in to a house with a dead body or 2.

I think an extended feature of this further down the track could be that the bodies are decayed and you could have a % chance of getting sick yourself but this risk could minimize depending on how much protection you are wearing (gloves/dust mask/glasses etc)

I can get onboard with your suggestion, but I think the best way to implement something like this would just be to make player corpses stick around longer (decaying over time of course). This way we, ourselves, could be the added atmosphere, post-mortem. Of course there is always the problem of players just returning to their own corpses and taking back everything they lost that didn't get looted by someone (as some people do, even now with corpses disappering fairly fast). So, in that way your suggestion might be better.

Some popular places such as the prison island might become a bit overcrowded by stiffs, too :D

Edited by Sister Ray

What I think he means is random static spawns of interest like the cop cars/ heli crash sites but with dead bodies that have some basic items on them. This is a pretty good idea i think.. spice up the loot hunding a bit by running in to a house with a dead body or 2.

I think an extended feature of this further down the track could be that the bodies are decayed and you could have a % chance of getting sick yourself but this risk could minimize depending on how much protection you are wearing (gloves/dust mask/glasses etc)

Exactly. I want the corpses to be focused as events, not so much for atmosphere. 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225403-npc-bodies-as-events-clarification/

There's my clarification.

Why make a new thread instead of editing the original post?

I felt like I wanted to start with a clearer point of view. I honestly also forgot you could do that. LOL.

Also locked doors or barricaded doors of random rooms with potential stash, inside houses that follow the same principal also

• Like 1