Sign in to follow this  
johnlock

JSRS vs Original Sounds

Hi guys

I have played DayZ for quite some time and am used to the original gun sounds. Would you suggest switching to the JSRS sound pack or not? Does it make some guns easier to distinguish (SVD / M24 / DMR / M40A3 / M14)?

I know that the Server on which I play supports JSRS.

Thanks in advance

Defiantly JSRS, the default sounds are probably worse than that of a call of duty game 

I concur.

• Like 1

Will impact server performance, so if you have a bunch of servers running on the same box you may want to consider that. Also throwing cans sounds like grenades as does running through trees with an active chemlight. That said its a marvelous sound pack.

Will impact server performance, so if you have a bunch of servers running on the same box you may want to consider that. Also throwing cans sounds like grenades as does running through trees with an active chemlight. That said its a marvelous sound pack.

How does it impact server performance? It's being run on the clients only. The server only enables the key for it.

Or am I missing something?

Cheers.

• Like 1

Just be aware that JSRS_1.5 does not work 100% on dayzmod 1.8.5. Although I can confirm that it will be working much better in 1.8.6 (I have tested it myself).

How does it impact server performance? It's being run on the clients only. The server only enables the key for it.

Cheers.

Your correct it should impact client performance more then server it adds about 300-500 mg to the client load.

• Like 1

Cheers.

Well basically, when you have an epoch server than goes to 100% CPU usage when the key is installed and 20% when its removed is a pretty good sign.....

But to be fair i hadn't had any issues whilst running dayz mod servers. At the same time, as mentioned in my original post, should only be an issue if you are strapped for resources, which I never was.

Edited by B@ker

Thanks for the many responses. As I'm not usually running through the forest with a chemlight in my hands and I'm recycling my cans insted of tossing them around in Electro, the problems that have been named are no big deal. Also, as I understand it, you can change some sounds to be the original ones.

What other problems are you talking about in 1.8.5 / 1.8.6