staticvortx

Status report lateness

is it just me or it seems like these status reports are always late. There suppose to be every week (i think) but its been 7 days AGAIN. I WANT TO KNOW DAYZ STUFF NOWW!!!!

but seriously, all it does is make the community lose respect in the team. If you dont want to post a status report, than dont say you will,or AT LEASE SAY THAT YOUR WORKING ON IT AND IT WILL BE LATE OR SOMETHING. 

Edited by staticvortx
  • Like 2

Alot of helpful info in the dev blogs/twitter .. would do you good to read them every so often

Edited by SaveMeJebus
  • Like 1

is it just me or it seems like these status reports are always late. There suppose to be every week (i think) but its been 7 days AGAIN. I WANT TO KNOW DAYZ STUFF NOWW!!!!

say if you agree or if you disagree

I have a theory it's why they keep changing the day they come out.  It was what, fridays?  Then they kept missing it, so it was tuesdays?  then they kept missing those so wednesdays?

Communication has never been the team's strong suit, which imo is the reason for a lot of frustration with development.  They have improved significantly from when they started though, I'll give them that.  But it would be nice if they could consistently hit their deadline for something simple like a status report.

• Like 5

They always got updates and status reports i think you are all blind hell they even stated the .56 will just roll into .57 . Shouldnt be any frustration in the development thats really none of our buisnesses all we need to know is the game is very much playable but with bugs and stuff.

Last week it was delayed because they were working on things they wanted to include. With no new exp downloads for a few days now, I'm guessing this is the case again. We'll get an exp update and a status report likely within hours of each other. Today, if we're lucky, but if not it'll be done when it's ready.

• Like 2

Alot of helpful info in the dev blogs/twitter .. would do you good to read them every so often

Aren't the weekly status reports posted so people don't have to keep checking the forums every few hours for / blogs or Tweets ? Or for people that can't STAND getting info through Tweets. Just a list of what has been worked on and what is upcoming.

• Like 3

There suppose to be every week (i think) but its been 7 days AGAIN. I WANT TO KNOW DAYZ STUFF NOWW!!!!

To be precise it's already been 7 days and 1 minute. Lazy Devs!11

They too buzy driving dem Lambo's.

• Like 9

Hello there

How dare they not personally bring me updates written on scrolls made of human skin every 15 minutes!

Lazy devs!

Cash scam!

WARZ ftw!

rgds

LoK

• Like 4

Driving? In the back with the blow and the hookers, no doubt. :D Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

Luckily for me and my computer screen, I just put my coffee down before reading this.  :lol:

• Like 1

When they can not deliver something simple like a weekly update........simply do not anounce weekly updates and say that you update us by time.

• Like 2

Oh well, I'm off to H1Z1! DayZ blows! Early Access is a scam! Why isn't the renderer in? Why are Zombies broken? Why is gam n0 fix?

jk

• Like 2

Yap, wouldn't hurt to have a quick word on the week - or else a quick "no update, because" ... or "working on.57 ... new cool things planned, no status to keep the surprise element". Anything is better than just dropping the curtain of silence.

Oh well, I'm off to H1Z1! DayZ blows! Early Access is a scam! Why isn't the renderer in? Why are Zombies broken? Why is gam n0 fix?

jk

You forgot "lootz is broken!" and "Why do I starve to death in 3.2 seconds!?"

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 2

When they can not deliver something simple like a weekly update........simply do not anounce weekly updates and say that you update us by time.

Then people would complain that they don't get enough in the way of regular updates. Community interaction is basically a no-win situation for game developers. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

• Like 4

Yap, wouldn't hurt to have a quick word on the week - or else a quick "no update, because" ... or "working on.57 ... new cool things planned, no status to keep the surprise element". Anything is better than just dropping the curtain of silence.

It's been a week... we used to go months between word or updates. Calm down and play.

Edited by escobert
  • Like 3

They always got updates and status reports i think you are all blind hell they even stated the .56 will just roll into .57 . Shouldnt be any frustration in the development thats really none of our buisnesses all we need to know is the game is very much playable but with bugs and stuff.

the point of status reports is that they are our business. If they say they will release something on a date they should do it on time. but when they miss it more than 30% of the time there is a problem. All it does is make the community lose respect for the team.

• Like 1

Status reports are a courtesy to us.

Read a book while you wait.. or make up your own status report and compare when they do come out. Just don't bitch and demand

• Like 1

What is the offical day for status reports right now? Last time i checked, it was Tuesday.

edit: oh, and while we're at it:

http://dayz.com/project-timeline

I mean.. why even have that thing if it's never updated anyway. All it does is look bad.
Edited by derLoko

You forgot "lootz is broken!" and "Why do I starve to death in 3.2 seconds!?"

Because you RUN for a gun instead of finding and planting seeds. And the loot is fine if you don't stand along the coast hoping to find that one forgotten can of peaches :P

• Like 2

That panel on the right hand side of the main forum page that tells every tweet and such that goes out from the devs just isn't enough eh?  Just don't see why curious people must be spoon fed information

Hello there

How dare they not personally bring me updates written on scrolls made of human skin every 15 minutes!

Lazy devs!

Cash scam!

WARZ ftw!

rgds

LoK

These would be valid if they weren't consistently late on them.

What if you had an employee who is just consistently late to work?  A friend who consistently shows up late to whatever?  Punctuality matters, especially if you want people to take you seriously professionally.

Like others have said, if they aren't going to be on time, don't set a date to begin with.  Saying you're going to do something, then failing to do it, a lot, which is the case here, is completely fair game to be criticized.

If they've got nothing to show, just say as much and then include the things they missed in the next one.  There's no real excuse, it's a few paragraphs.  If they don't wanna do it on time, don't say they're going to be X day.

Status reports are a courtesy to us.

Us paying to test their game is the only courtesy around here.  I'm not trying to come across as some entitled gamer, but that's the situation.  If they can't have the decency to follow through on something simple like a status report, then it's only fair they lose some respect.  It's not the end of the world, but why defend laziness?

Think about how many tweets and stuff they throw out, if they just focused that energy on writing a couple paragraphs instead it would be a non-issue.  Hell they could compile their tweets and make that the report.  The point is to get something out because that's what they said they were going to do.

• Like 4

Because you RUN for a gun instead of finding and planting seeds. And the loot is fine if you don't stand along the coast hoping to find that one forgotten can of peaches :P

If you go back and read the context hopefully it'll be clear that I was mocking people who say/ask these things. :D

Edited by Ebrim