Sign in to follow this  
Aquanoise

Working cellphones

How cool would it be if there were working cellphones ingame.

imagine finding a old nokia, you can call other players or text them. And when you're bored you should be able to play snake or listen to music.

How cool would it be if there were working cellphones ingame.

imagine finding a old nokia, you can call other players or text them. And when you're bored you should be able to play snake or listen to music.

There can't really be calling or texts, as that requires the maintenance of cell towers and a whole infrastructure that would be dead, at this point. Same goes for GPS, which needs the clocks on the satellites to be adjusted regularly.

As for playing snake, I don't see why not, but it's not a particularly useful feature. Music, I believe is available through the new radio in the exp branch, but who knows what they'll add in that regard in the future. Have seen a lot of people requesting musical instruments for RP and ambiance purposes.

• Like 1

Technically you wouldn't be able to play snakes or listen to music as the batteries would die pretty quickly. I doubt that a 9v battery would cut it.

Well from all the fresh fruit on store shelves, the nice and shiny(ish) V3Ss and the lights staying on at night it seems that Day Zero happened recently enough that we would have power and cell systems, possibly internet.

But from the cars that are rusted out like their 30 years old and all that suggests that Day Zero took place quite awhile ago.

But... And this is my 2¢, what if the burnt out cars and tanks and general crappy quality of things is because Day Zero took place shortly after the events of ArmA 2, explains the wreckage of burnt and rusted out vehicles, as well as why powers on. Too little time for the cleanup to finish, not long enough for power to fail.

not cellphones ..

but as there is already a chainsaw in the game, no reason there shouldn't be a portable generator

Well from all the fresh fruit on store shelves, the nice and shiny(ish) V3Ss and the lights staying on at night it seems that Day Zero happened recently enough that we would have power and cell systems, possibly internet.

But from the cars that are rusted out like their 30 years old and all that suggests that Day Zero took place quite awhile ago.

But... And this is my 2¢, what if the burnt out cars and tanks and general crappy quality of things is because Day Zero took place shortly after the events of ArmA 2, explains the wreckage of burnt and rusted out vehicles, as well as why powers on. Too little time for the cleanup to finish, not long enough for power to fail.

Wrecks are just used because they're all that's available and give off the apocalyptic feel.

There's no real justification for as to why you've got fresh fruit and working electricity as well as some pristine houses but at the same time decrepit old structures and rusted out cars.

• Like 1

There can't really be calling or texts, as that requires the maintenance of cell towers and a whole infrastructure that would be dead, at this point. Same goes for GPS, which needs the clocks on the satellites to be adjusted regularly.

As for playing snake, I don't see why not, but it's not a particularly useful feature. Music, I believe is available through the new radio in the exp branch, but who knows what they'll add in that regard in the future. Have seen a lot of people requesting musical instruments for RP and ambiance purposes.

jup i mystelf have made 2 post about piano and guitar and Ive seen many others who requested the same

I wouldn't mind finding Cellphones in-game, maybe as a filler or just junk items that you can find in homes, not much reason to use 'em than to browse past text messages, call history and perhaps play some idle simple games like tetris or snake but once the battery dies thats it, no longer useful.. Perhaps in the future they could be added in some form like crafting a noisemaker or a bomb of some sort.

not cellphones ..

but as there is already a chainsaw in the game, no reason there shouldn't be a portable generator

Somehow, I feel like that will come, but, WAY down the line, when we can make additions to our bases, as in, finding lights around the world and using the generator to power them.

Cell phones would be moot as almost everyone already uses TS. If you don't know, TS is 3rd party communication software which allows information to be to be obtained and relayed between survivors outside of the predetermined developed in-game mechanics.

OFF TOPIC: Music instruments would be great. Will help me find camping groups of survivors looking to have a good time and forget the horrors we are currently facing....and kill them!

Edited by 8bit_Survivor