Roshi (DayZ)

Altis (and Stratis)...

Hi there - have done the due diligence of using the search function and (although this seems like an obvious suggestion from my perspective) couldn't see reference to this idea so:

At some point in development, port Altis (and maybe Stratis) over from ARMA 3. Think that these maps, particularly Altis, would make for an awesome environment for DayZ.

Thats my 0.02.

Edited by Roshi
  • Like 1

Hi there - have done the due diligence of using the search function and (although this seems like an obvious suggestion from my perspective) couldn't see reference to this idea so:

At some point in development, port Altis (and maybe Stratis) over from ARMA 3. Think that these maps, particularly Altis, would make for an awesome environment for DayZ.

Thats my 0.02.

Would be nice, but I don't think they're going to consider more maps until the very end of development, if they do them at all. Might just leave that to the modders.

You have to bear in mind that every new map needs all of the zombie, animal, loot, dynamic events and everything to be set up, as well as adjusting the CLE to keep the map balanced with its size.

Would be awesome to see more maps in DayZ, I agree, but I don't think they'll happen any time soon.

Yeah sure - certainly not suggesting it's a current priority. But I think that implementation of Altis should be developer led to do it properly. It is a very interesting map with lots of features that would make for a diverse playing experience.

Yeah sure - certainly not suggesting it's a current priority. But I think that implementation of Altis should be developer led to do it properly. It is a very interesting map with lots of features that would make for a diverse playing experience.

Absolutely, I think that it'd be awesome and I really do hope they add extra maps. Just wanted to point out that it's actually a much larger job than simply 'porting' them over. :P

I do like the size and variety of Altis (thats the big one right? been a while since I Played A3) it think it would go a ways to vary things up having the epidemic seem more global across other parts of the 'world'.

I think once modding is allowed Altis, Lingor, Namalsk and Taviana maps are inevitable.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

Yeah, it will probably happen with a mod. Altis is a masterpiece like the original Chernarus.

But, in a very different way. I don't really like the realistic sat map for DayZ. If BI ever gets around to the next DayZ map, I hope they do it the old fashion way, like Chernarus.