Luftpancake

Tear gas grenades, and gas mask spawning, also filters.

Hello viewer! I believe gas mask filters should be implemented to Day-z Standalone. Along with gas mask filters is gas grenades. As in  gas i mean police grade tear gas canisters. Gas grenades will spawn in Police departments and Military outposts. The effects of tear gas would be as stated: Intense blurring of the victim's screen, Victim will have difficulty breathing (So it would be hard for them to run for a long period of time), the victim (if staying in the gas cloud like an idiot) will cough over and over again giving away their position and alerting nearby zombies, If the player stays in the gas for longer than 2 minutes he or she has a 50% chance of going unconscious from lack of oxygen and dying if they do not wake up in time to get out of the cloud, last but not least,the player may start to vomit from a lot of tear gas exposure. (Yes, that does happen in real life.) The tear gas cloud will only stay present for 5 in game minutes or so before dissipating and leaving the air. The gas will have little to no effect on zombies.  Tear gas will also be rare sort of like the flash bang. To prevent the effects of tear gas, the player can take off his shirt and have an option to cover up his face with the shirt via scroll menu. The shirt mask will not completely prevent the effects of tear gas. It will only make you cough less and decrease the screen blur by 20 percent, and add about 30 seconds to you being able to stay in the gas cloud without going unconscious. The Gas mask on the other hand will completely prevent the effects of the gas if the mask has the 2 cheek filters it needs. Pristine Filters would be 100% effective, Worm would be the same, Damaged Would be 60 percent effective, Badly damaged would be 20 percent effective, and ruined of course, would not work at all. Filters will be found at police and military outposts. To attach the filter to the gas mask you must drag the filters to the gas mask and select "Add filter to Gas mask" via inventory. Last thing, i would like Gas masks to start spawning in Police departments rarely, along with tear gas. I hope you guys enjoy my idea! I would love any feed back about my idea, and please add to the idea if you have anything in mind! :thumbsup:   :D  post-227826-0-91099400-1432095264_thumb.post-227826-0-39847700-1432095279_thumb.post-227826-0-95594800-1432095522_thumb.

Edited by BillNyeTheRussianSpy
  • Like 2

By the way i'm kind of tired right now, so i'm sorry in advance for any grammatical mistakes or lazy looking writing.