Sign in to follow this  
jnas

AU36 - Australian Vanilla Server

**AU36 now has it's own TS3 server for players to use - details are in the load-in news**

Howdy,

So currently there's a huge lack of vanilla dayz pew pew in Australia. Until nao!

AU36 - 119.252.189.97:2502 - 50 slots

b_560_95_1.png

Vanilla (and will be staying that way) with some slight changes.

• Side chat on (this might come off depending on feedback)
  • Full moon, sort of - trying to get like, semi full moon so it's just enough to see but still working on it
  • 85ish total vehicles.
  • Couple extra little birds (2 seaters) added, now 4 total on the map.
  • *NEW* tonne of custom vehicle spawn locations - standard DayZ vehicles - mainly more possible locations for low end vehicles (motorbikes/skodas/hatchbacks etc) near coastal towns.
  • JSRS enabled
  • Veteran settings
  • Active admins that don't use admin powers for advantage ever (we don't even have infistar or anything because $$)
  • No custom loadouts or p2w bullshizer
  • Death messages off
  • *Map waypoints disabled* 25/5
  • Server time changed from GMT+10 to GMT+8, allows a bit of daytime play for the AU working lads when they get home 29/5
  • Max ping 350ms
  • 24 hour cycle - gets night around 9:30pm AEST

If you haven't played Vanilla in a while, check out the patch notes to learn about some of the cool new additions, like crafting/basebuilding (especially stashes!) and pickup trucks with GODDAMN MACHINE GUNS IN THE BACK!!

Flootashoi+_78c78234d2a887da1704f0c25ea7

(^^ actual in-game photography)

I've set these to very low spawn rates with custom spawn locations with a maximum of three on the map at any one time.

Planning on adding more custom vehicle spawn points depending on feedback but no other modifications currently planned. Vanilla all the way.

Enjoy.

Edited by jnas

I recommend this for the old AUSARMA players! Let's make an awesome Aussie/NZ Dayz community. *But vanilla is turning into epoch*

Edited by blackflarez
  • Like 1

Keen! Tell yor frendz!

Updated OP with new, uh.... updates!

I like the server, only issue is that Im in the US. If theres any way possible you could raise the max ping limit before your kicked, that would be great. Since Im all the way across the world from where the server is located, I have a higher fps, and when I hit a spike of like 270ish fps I get kicked. Hopefully ya'll can help me out with that!

Orright, I'll up it to 300!

Max ping has been upped to 300ms, should be applied after next restart 2.5 hours from now.

The majority of people I've talked to have said they'd rather them off, and personally I agree - because having them on means you somehow magically know

• that your target 400m away just died
  • what his name is, and therefore whether he's likely to have friends

Personally I love the suspense of not knowing at all who he/she is, whether they have backup, and whether they're actually half alive and are gonna shoot me when I go in for the loot.

What's your reasons for wanting them turned on?

Edited by jnas
  • Like 2

The majority of people I've talked to have said they'd rather them off, and personally I agree - because having them on means you somehow magically know

• that your target 400m away just died
  • what his name is, and therefore whether he's likely to have friends

Personally I love the suspense of not knowing at all who he/she is, whether they have backup, and whether they're actually half alive and are gonna shoot me when I go in for the loot.

What's your reasons for wanting them turned on?

I'd rather have them off, my friend shot a player in the bandit skin and he thought he died - because there was no death messages and the player fell over, turns out he just broke his legs and sprayed my friend down when he came over to loot.

Death messages are not realistic.

• Like 1

Currently awaiting 1.8.6 to be pushed down teh intertubes via my host, have asked for an ETA but haven't heard back yet. Will update here again as soon as I know.

Remember to keep 1.8.5 installed if you plan on playing this server. As soon as I've updated to 1.8.6 I'll amend the server name accordingly and post here.

Stumbled across your server last night. 

Such a refreshing change to see something vanilla.

Running an epoch/overpoch server for the past year and a bit had really drained my enjoyment from playing the game.

(still love the scripting though) 

Playing vanilla dayz mod though, great fun. 

Recommend this to any aus/nz players looking for a good vanilla experience.

• Like 1

Hi, I was playing on your server yesterday with the name Cvet. Today I tried to join your server but I was receiving an error alerting me that there was a description file missing from my @DayZ folder. Once I verified the integrity of my game through Steam I attempted to join your server again. Instead, this time I was prompted with an Admin Ban. I have no clue WHY I was admin banned as I've done nothing worthy of being banned (besides voice chatting in side channel twice by accident - sorry). If you are able to provide me with the details to your teamspeak server I am happy to discuss my ban and why it happened.

Thanks in advance, Cvet.

Heya Cvet,

No, your initial connect failed, as you well know, because you connected with a globally banned account. You didn't get any description file missing error, you got a Battleye msg stating that your account is globally banned.

What you then did was switch to a clean account and new name before reconnecting but I was watching at the time and noticed your IP.

I have a policy where if a previously banned player is completely honest and straightup with me about their previous bannings and wants to play my server I let them, but keep a very close eye on them. If a banned player makes their first contact with nonsense stories I don't.

• Like 1

I didn't realise that you were watching my IP but nonetheless I was still getting a missing description file error. I understand that I was initially banned on an account (due to my CD-Key being stolen - I know it sounds like I am just trying to make up something now but I am not) but that was not why I thought I was banned. I'm sorry that I did not give you all the details prior to being banned from your server. If the ban is to stay in place so be it, but I honestly thought I got the admin ban due to somebody thinking that I was removing files from my game to reach some sort of advantage.

Regards, Cvet.

I didn't realise that you were watching my IP but nonetheless I was still getting a missing description file error. I understand that I was initially banned on an account (due to my CD-Key being stolen - I know it sounds like I am just trying to make up something now but I am not) but that was not why I thought I was banned. I'm sorry that I did not give you all the details prior to being banned from your server. If the ban is to stay in place so be it, but I honestly thought I got the admin ban due to somebody thinking that I was removing files from my game to reach some sort of advantage.

Regards, Cvet.

Sent you a PM

If anybody has any problems connecting and/or doesn't know how to rollback to 1.8.5 just shoot me a PM here.

Vilayer has just informed me that they still have no ETA on an update. I'm right now having a crack at doing it myself, but due to their custom coding and pbo packing there's not a lot of resources on the net to help me figure it out. If anybody has any advice I'm all ears!

Apologies chaps. I didn't realise that managed servers have such poor support when I started this server. I'm looking at taking the server elsewhere if anybody has any suggestions!

What issues have you been having with the updating? Me and a mate noticed the server was never getting past the briefing when we saw it go back up, leading us to believe that it wasnt loading the mission file. The Vilayer ACP can be a bit fickle in doing things manually, so the frustration and difficulty in getting it working are completely understandable.

Ok all sorted. Goddamnit that was a educational day for me.

It's going to take me a little while to configure everything again (did a fresh install) but should be up in about 30min.

There's going to be a few little settings I have to update before it's back to normal so please bear with me.

• Like 1

We now have a TS3 server for y'all to use. Details are in the load-in news.