iEliTe

Loot; A highly debated topic.

So, first of all, I would like to start this off by stating my own personal opinion on how I believe that DayZ's loot should be. Since this is a zombie apocalypse game, there must be loot to find. As of right now, the loot is horrible. I played earlier tonight, after being killed off, I spawned in Chernogorsk. I went into the police station and was lucky enough to find two chem-lights, and a flare. I then went in around 4-5 small markets that are around Cherno. In those, I found a bottle of vitamins, and a frying pan. So many of those stores were 100% empty. I blame the persistence. I think with the amount of people that play on a server, upon restart, loot should respawn. I then went to the General Store, and found nothing, not a thing. Not a soda, not a can of food, nothing. I then decided to run to Balota to try my luck there, since after looting a large amount of the buildings in Cherno could hardly fill my Jeans, I thought I'd try Balota and see if it would have better loot. I went in both camo buildings and found a Red Beret, and a pair of boots. The hangars had nothing, and the ATC had nothing as well. I began to starve, and ran to the town of Balota, only to find maybe two books and some more chem-lights.

I can understand some people's point on how loot should be hard to find, and hunting and fishing should be a larger aspect in the game, but honestly, I'd like to find something to hunt and fish with first. I would like to be able to find some food to survive off of while I try to move north to find a weapon.

The loot needs to be highly increased, because I have been disappointed recently with the low amount of loot.

They should also add some bicycles some-time soon. Make them fairly common among coastal towns. Maybe come across one bike every few towns you pass. I'm not saying turn this into DayZ Overwatch, and make it the Tour de France, but sometimes DayZ feels like Walking Simulator 2015. Anyways, that's my rant for the night.

Adios,

EliTe

Loot increased? :

2qtwqya.jpg

But really, I don't see any problems with the loot right now. It was horrible when the patch came out but after the hotfix there seems to be stuff around mostly anywhere. Even in larger towns.

Stand on the beach looking down it with the water directly to you left, turn 90° to the right so the water is at your back, travel in that direction and you'll find the loot that people starved to death not looking. They're changing the loot distribution to free you from the monotonous coast rat lifestyle so you can enjoy the other 190sq/km of the map. 

• Like 2

Your problem is that you're trying to find loot in Cherno and Balota... Hang around in the north and center. I dig up shitloads of equipment in Rogovo and Pogorevka for example.

Does loot not respawn yet? It should. DayZ seems to suffer greatly from "oh, you spawned two minutes after everybody else? Too bad, it's wool coats and books for you."

Heading inland does help a little bit, in in my time playing experimental last night I did not find a closed door. In fact, I didn't find a single food item, not even a can of soda. I had to spend 30 minutes searching through apple trees and berry bushes before pushing further inland and finding room full of damaged wool coats and nothing else.

The current system would be fine if there was more clutter and it was more difficult to spot things. As it stands, however, the can of beans sitting in the center of the room is a little conspicuous so it makes it very easy to clean out a house, a street or even an entire town. It's not uncommon to find towns and villages stripped of anything of value whether you're on the coast or inland. Sure, if you're inland you're more likely to find that one house that was missed, or that one can of beans that was skipped because the guy was stuffed, but it's extremely frustrating going from town to town and finding nothing more valuable than a lockpick.

I don't understand these people who go to Cherno's police station and expect to find anything except books and spanners, only to come up dry and complain that the loot is broken somehow.

If you're in a coastal town or city with no zombies and opened doors all over, looking for loot is a waste of time, especially in big hubs like Cherno or Elektro. It does not mean the loot spawns are bugged, it means that everyone and their granny has already passed through and cleaned out the place. Staying on the coast as a bambi is almost never a good idea, unless your goal is to ambush and kill others.

The presence of zombies is a fine indicator of whether it is worth your time looting a certain area. Even more so if you find a number of closed doors nearby. Look for lone houses away from towns. Learn which towns see the most traffic, and which ones see the least. 

• Like 2

Hello there

personally Id prefer man made items to be rare/already scavenged and to have to survive using improvised kit and weapons.

Finding a pistol should be an "epic" find not to mention bullets.

That's just me though.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 3

Leave the coast, leave the coast, leave the coast - all your best options come from this first choice. The only good option on the coast is to try and ambush someone who is well-equipped and most times this will probably result in you dying.

From this point you can:

- Live out in the wilderness, explore and enjoy the back country life.

- Find a hunting rifle or shotgun capable of taking down someone who is far more heavily equipped with the stuff you want.

- Whatever the hell else you want to do.

Without server hopping nonsense, the fact that military loot locations are so heavily trafficked means that you are unlikely to find the highest end stuff here if that's what you want. However finding "civilian" level stuff shouldn't be (and isn't) terribly difficult once you're in North and West and will enable you to kill military armed players - this I think should be the primary means of getting military equipment, not loot searching. Maybe you can find the odd bit or piece that has respawned or been missed at loot locations but after the initial start of an economy it should not be the main way.

So, first of all, I would like to start this off by stating my own personal opinion on how I believe that DayZ's loot should be. Since this is a zombie apocalypse game, there must be loot to find. As of right now, the loot is horrible. I played earlier tonight, after being killed off, I spawned in Chernogorsk. I went into the police station and was lucky enough to find two chem-lights, and a flare. I then went in around 4-5 small markets that are around Cherno. In those, I found a bottle of vitamins, and a frying pan. So many of those stores were 100% empty. I blame the persistence. I think with the amount of people that play on a server, upon restart, loot should respawn. I then went to the General Store, and found nothing, not a thing. Not a soda, not a can of food, nothing. I then decided to run to Balota to try my luck there, since after looting a large amount of the buildings in Cherno could hardly fill my Jeans, I thought I'd try Balota and see if it would have better loot. I went in both camo buildings and found a Red Beret, and a pair of boots. The hangars had nothing, and the ATC had nothing as well. I began to starve, and ran to the town of Balota, only to find maybe two books and some more chem-lights.

I can understand some people's point on how loot should be hard to find, and hunting and fishing should be a larger aspect in the game, but honestly, I'd like to find something to hunt and fish with first. I would like to be able to find some food to survive off of while I try to move north to find a weapon.

The loot needs to be highly increased, because I have been disappointed recently with the low amount of loot.

They should also add some bicycles some-time soon. Make them fairly common among coastal towns. Maybe come across one bike every few towns you pass. I'm not saying turn this into DayZ Overwatch, and make it the Tour de France, but sometimes DayZ feels like Walking Simulator 2015. Anyways, that's my rant for the night.

Adios,

EliTe

Hi,

I don't think we need increased amounts of loot, just a more balanced and dynamic loot system (which as far as I'm aware is the aim of the central loot economy).

I would like to see locked containers/safes added to the game which you can either open with brute force, but stand a good chance of ruining whatever is inside, or use a lockpick to open (with lockpicks being a little more rare), and these safes would contain rarer loot. I'd also say they should spawn the same way helicopters etc spawn, random 5 per server in a possible 100 locations.

In regards to food, I hope to see more options to find food by either foraging, hunting, fishing using crafted tools that don't require finding certain items. It can be hard to find rope, a water bottle and axe to cut down the right tree for a stick. There should be suitable sticks for bows and spears found by searching the floor in forests, and options to craft rope from various materials. Cooking options available to make food more nutritious and filling without needing to find cookpots etc. More animals would be good too.

There should be the option to spawn at the beach, make a stone knife, run to the nearest set of trees, find a stick and craft a makeshift spear, which you can then try throwing at a cow or pig. Use animal bones and guts to make improvised sewing kit and craft a jacket and backpack etc.

There should be suitable sticks for bows and spears found by searching the floor in forests, and options to craft rope from various materials. 

You can search the forest floor for sticks.

You can search the forest floor for sticks.

For small sticks yeah, but not for ashwood sticks needed to make bows etc.

For small sticks yeah, but not for ashwood sticks needed to make bows etc.

Ash yeah, forgot you need ashwood for those. 

Stand on the beach looking down it with the water directly to you left, turn 90° to the right so the water is at your back, travel in that direction and you'll find the loot that people starved to death not looking. They're changing the loot distribution to free you from the monotonous coast rat lifestyle so you can enjoy the other 190sq/km of the map. 

the problem is that you seems Dayz veteran, BUT, if i see this Dayz on steam and decided to try it, and my other games was Battlefiled, call of duty, cs, etc etc.... and nothing like survival and i spend my money on it, then i run the game itself, spawn on chernarus, run 30 minutes - STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, YOU KNOW?! F*CK THIS GAME!!! GIVE MY MONEY BACK.

Just read players reviews on steam, i was so enterntained when read all that reviews honestly. This poor idiots that buy Dayz.... They not like me (spend mostly 1500 hours on all dayz mods and standalone) or you so we know all ways how to succeed with surviving =)   POOR IDIOTS.

the problem is that you seems Dayz veteran, BUT, if i see this Dayz on steam and decided to try it, and my other games was Battlefiled, call of duty, cs, etc etc.... and nothing like survival and i spend my money on it, then i run the game itself, spawn on chernarus, run 30 minutes - STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, run another 30 minutes STARVE TO DEATH, YOU KNOW?! F*CK THIS GAME!!! GIVE MY MONEY BACK.

Just read players reviews on steam, i was so enterntained when read all that reviews honestly. This poor idiots that buy Dayz.... They not like me (spend mostly 1500 hours on all dayz mods and standalone) or you so we know all ways how to succeed with surviving =)   POOR IDIOTS.

Good. The game is supposed to be hard.

You know, I am willing to bet that the majority of people starving to death in Day Z are simply doing the same things over and over: checking the "food houses", running to supermarkets, running along the coast, etc.

There is a saying about the definition of insanity: "doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result".

• Like 1

Good. The game is supposed to be hard.

You know, I am willing to bet that the majority of people starving to death in Day Z are simply doing the same things over and over: checking the "food houses", running to supermarkets, running along the coast, etc.

There is a saying about the definition of insanity: "doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result".

There is definition of big fail to your customers: they buy your game - you do all things possible to them so they easily can starve to death.

There is definition of big fail to your customers: they buy your game - you do all things possible to them so they easily can starve to death.

Hello there

Surly the customer should know what they are buying? I dont buy GTA V and complain that I have to steal cars. DAYZ is all about survival in an unforgiving environment.

It's not simply a remake of the Mod.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

That's how the SA was advertised, an anti-game that will punish you for every tiny mistake and push you to the brink of a nervous breakdown. 

Anyone who bought the alpha expecting anything else really only has themselves to blame.

That's how the SA was advertised, an anti-game that will punish you for every tiny mistake and push you to the brink of a nervous breakdown. 

Anyone who bought the alpha expecting anything else really only has themselves to blame.

Totally disagree with your point of view, honestly this point of view its BULLS  H  IT. I mean really. The main thing in Dayz Mod was - you got starting gear -> go to places with better gear -> contest for this gear with other geared peoples (often better geared than you just remember about Stary sobor sniper spots, or Electro hill sniping spot or bushes all around NWAF. You totally wrong man.

Totally disagree with your point of view, honestly this point of view its BULLS  H  IT. I mean really. The main thing in Dayz Mod was - you got starting gear -> go to places with better gear -> contest for this gear with other geared peoples (often better geared than you just remember about Stary sobor sniper spots, or Electro hill sniping spot or bushes all around NWAF. You totally wrong man.

This isn't the mod. That's the whole point of the Standalone. I'm afraid you've been terribly misinformed.

That wasn't even the mod.  Epoch is not DayZ

This isn't the mod. That's the whole point of the Standalone. I'm afraid you've been terribly misinformed.

That you saying right now its illogical (couse its simple - all ppl love dayz mod -> lets create better version of DAYZ MOD with better grafiks and more options for players) OR you gonna say that developers like : lets make Purely survival game, with no connections to old dayz mod.

That you saying right now its illogical (couse its simple - all ppl love dayz mod -> lets create better version of DAYZ MOD with better grafiks and more options for players) OR you gonna say that developers like : lets make Purely survival game, with no connections to old dayz mod.

DayZ mod was a survival game.  The other rippoffs which you speak of were not.  I bet you were one of those players who paid for starting gear.

DayZ mod was a survival game.  The other rippoffs which you speak of were not.  I bet you were one of those players who paid for starting gear.

I didnt speak about Epoch man  are you high?

No connection? Whatever it is you're taking, I'd like to buy some, because you are definitely on another planet, friend. Same map, same premise. There's your connection. 

But don't take my word for it. Dean Hall himself said he'd always wanted the mod to be more of an anti-game, and thus the standalone came to be.