Sign in to follow this  
FlimZ

Weapon parts system

Just as a headsup im relly bad at explaining what i mean but i hope you understand :)

Hi i just hade an idea where it would make changing weapon part a lot cooler and a nicer interface. :)

post-230605-0-39805100-1431452708_thumb.

The idea is that instead of just draging parts onto the gun like it is atm. (Becuse thats just silly)

You would have the weapon like in the picture.

Well you would still have to drag and drop the parts onto the gun but whatever.

But now you actually would have to drag it onto the right spot on the gun and reverse to take it of.

For example you have a longrange scope but its broken. And you found a new pristine one that you want to put on instead.

Then you would have to go into the interface and drag of the old one and put on the new one. And maybe the character would do a little animation when ha takes of and puts on the part.

post-230605-0-88024600-1431452928_thumb.

The white lines is your "inventory" well for your weapon part atleast. They would be laying on the ground besides your gun.

As i said im not that good at explaining. :)

Well atleast i hope someone understands cuz i would look really cool i hope :)

• Like 3

Personally I prefer how the attachments are shown now. In real life we wouldn't have some sort of floating chart like that, we would just know what can and can't be put on based on what we already have.

However I do agree with you on the animation. It should really take time to attach or detach anything from a weapon. I've always found it very silly how a player with a Mosin can just swap between the LRS, a PU Scope, and the iron sights in the blink of an eye.

• Like 1

I get what you're saying, I do wish making modifications to your weapons/gear had a different feel to it other than drag and drop. I had asked about a month or so back, if there were any plans to incorporate tools(screwdriver, pliers, hacksaw etc) into weapon and gear modification but never recieved a response.

I like the animation suggestion, would make it a bit more believable if I saw my character moving his hands instead of just standing there like a slackjawed yokel. Maybe we will get something later on in the development cycle, once the new tech has been implemented and bugs worked out with CLE