Sign in to follow this  
anubis1524

Cooking?

Hey guys I've just killed a another player and have skinned him I tried to cook his meat but it got ruined quickly is there anything I need to do apart from normal fire with no stones just 2 logs and a few sticks.

Thanks

-yours truly Jeffrey dahmer

Hello cannibal, you seem to be missing a cookpot.  Add your cookpot to the fireplace (but not into the fire/fuel slots, as it will get burnt).  Then add your steaks to the cookpot.  Cook and enjoy your longpig.

• Like 2

What you will need: 

A knife/sharp object or an axe (or both)

rags (fire starter basically)

matches (to light the fire)

You need to combine a stick with a rag to create a fireplace kit.

From there you can either use an axe to chop down a tree to get logs, or a knife to get more sticks to use as fuel. (logs last longer) you can also use an axe to chop logs into thirds (sticks) incase you don't have a knife to get sticks from a bush.

One you have logs and/or sticks you need to drag them onto your fireplace kit.

-To Cook-

There are only three ways to cook.

You can either find a cooking pan/pot and put it on top of a portable gas stove with a gas canister connected, then put water in the cooking pot and then the meat, then turn on the gas stove and put your cooking pan/pot ontop.

or..

You can either find a cooking tripod and cooking pot, to add to your fireplace

or..

You can either find just a cooking pot, and dig for 8 stones to turn your fireplace into an oven to place your cooking pot inside of.

Once you have what you need to cook, you need to collect meat, put water in your cooking pot and put the cooking pot on the gas stove/in the oven/hanging from the cooking tripod.

Videos

apparently you can eat meat raw now without getting sick.  that will change in .56 I've heard.

but in .56 you won't need all that ridiculous crap to cook - you'll be able to just cook things on a stick.

apparently you can eat meat raw now without getting sick.  that will change in .56 I've heard.

but in .56 you won't need all that ridiculous crap to cook - you'll be able to just cook things on a stick.

Nope, you get sick from raw human steaks. Tried to get the giggles but only died :(

Nope, you get sick from raw human steaks. Tried to get the giggles but only died :(

human flesh is supposed to be like pork.  gamers would be like pork that's been fed twinkies and lard.  yeah, better render that shit down.

• Like 2

human flesh is supposed to be like pork.  gamers would be like pork that's been fed twinkies and lard.  yeah, better render that shit down.

It's absolutely game-breaking that twinkies are not in the game yet.

• Like 1

Just want to add that its way more convenient to get a gas stove, a gas canister and a cooking pot or pan instead of using fires. The good thing about it is that when you combine the stove, canister and pot it only takes up 4 places in your inventory AND you can store food in the pot so basically it takes up zero room if you have food. You wont need matches either as it will light automatically when you turn it on.

• Like 2

Sweet Jebus, the horror!  The HORROR! You lot would be eating each other the first chance you got, wouldn't you?  :o

Well done to those who gave helpful answers. Nice work.  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

I just want to add that I haven't eaten any human meat yet. Skinned a few and have had it cooked in my inventory for a while though. I just can't bring me to do it in case Jesus is watching.

3 human meat, 2 diced potatoes, 2 tomatoes, 1 can of Rasputin + pot = nice stew

• Like 2

My friend was KOS, and he graciously allowed our group to cut him up, cook him and feast upon his delicious steaks which we did.

I decided to keep one of the steaks and after we met up with him again, I gave him back what I think was his left foot!

He reluctantly ate his own steak, therefore proving that you can in fact eat yourself in this game!!!

P.S. You can eat raw human steak but you will get sick. Try drinking until you throw up then eat a charcoal tab.

Yesterday I managed to kill a chicken (not that easy actually) and then cook it on my fireplace using a tripod and cooking pot - the first time cooking for me since the simple cooking-on-the-fire mechanic was taken out.

I did not need to add water to the pot though.

• Like 1