Sign in to follow this  
Parad0x89

Add an extra experimental steam version to easy switch between stable and exp

Hey guys, 

wouldn't it be great to add an extra "game" in steam for the experimental version? So u can choose between the stable and experimental version. 

I know there are several ways to solve this, like "copy the game folder, rename it, delete local files, install game" But why go the hard way, if it could be easier. Other games like dota 2 also use another game in steam to test the newer version. JPG file attached so u understand me, and the reason of this topic. 

Maybe all guys know this, and all doing copies of their folder, but I dont think so. Only think about the poor dudes with lower internet connections, who switch between the versions  :(

Let me know what u think about this suggestion, and I hope this wasn't been discussed earlier on another topic. 

Greetings,

Para

post-230545-0-55887400-1431296141_thumb.

• Like 5

Makes sense, and would be a lot easier than the current method. Beans.

Hey guys, 

wouldn't it be great to add an extra "game" in steam for the experimental version? So u can choose between the stable and experimental version. 

I know there are several ways to solve this, like "copy the game folder, rename it, delete local files, install game" But why go the hard way, if it could be easier. Other games like dota 2 also use another game in steam to test the newer version. JPG file attached so u understand me, and the reason of this topic. 

Maybe all guys know this, and all doing copies of their folder, but I dont think so. Only think about the poor dudes with lower internet connections, who switch between the versions  :(

Let me know what u think about this suggestion, and I hope this wasn't been discussed earlier on another topic. 

Greetings,

Para

you can have 100% of my cooked beans