Sign in to follow this  
odin_lowe

Favorites randomly disappearing

Hi fellas! After doing some searching, I've decided to start this topic as I didn't find any answers or help needed to "fix" my problem.

Recently, I've had occurrences (3 times) where my favorite server list disappeared. I had to manually search the servers in my list again and re-add them. This can take a while, as the servers you like or play on don't always appear the first time you refresh your list, and can take several tries to find them. 

The lost of the favorites list only happened 3 times in the course of the last 2 weeks, and never happened to me before, since  Dec 18 2013, in 1200hrs of play time.

As this ever happened to anyone else? Is there a fix for that? Is there a way to save my favorites list in text format somehow to re-add it in a copy paste manner?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 3

Happens to the best of us :/ For me it's usually that a majority of my list disappears (I usually have like 10 favorited, what can I say, I like my private shards), say like 8/10 of them. Never the whole list. Pain in the arse.

• Like 1

Happens to the best of us :/ For me it's usually that a majority of my list disappears (I usually have like 10 favorited, what can I say, I like my private shards), say like 8/10 of them. Never the whole list. Pain in the arse.

I've had about 25 favorites at one point, but currently about 10 various private shards I play on. 

Is there a way to backup the favorite list? Like the historic list we can get access to know the server we're on, or last played. 

It wouldn't be that much of a bother if all the servers were visible on the list every refresh, but somtimes it takes 4 or 5 complete refresh for some of the servers I like to appear.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

I've had about 25 favorites at one point, but currently about 10 various private shards I play on. 

Is there a way to backup the favorite list? Like the historic list we can get access to know the server we're on, or last played. 

It wouldn't be that much of a bother if all the servers were visible on the list every refresh, but somtimes it takes 4 or 5 complete refresh for some of the servers I like to appear.

My best hope is to just screenshot the servers you've favorited.

I always thought that happens when a server went offline and/or has been renamed. You might have luck that the favorite server list is saved in the same file as the least used server. Don't ask for the name of the file cause I am on the way to work.

My best hope is to just screenshot the servers you've favorited.

Well, it's know that I don't know the name of the servers, but it's more that some have a tough time appearing on the list probably do to high ping. For example, I play on this whitelisted server called the Colony, and we have 2 independent servers, 1-US based and 1-UK based. Normally the US one is full so I log into the UK server instead, but when looking in the server list to re-add them because my favorites are gone, the US one always appear when the list is refreshed, and the UK one takes at least 5-6 full refresh to finally appear. 

And it's not the only one, so it can take while re-adding the servers I play/like to my favorites.

I don't have a choice right now as they don't seem to save in a file I could copy to keep a backup, and when my list disappears, just copy and paste it where it belongs. It's probably just a temporary bug though, so I'll just deal with it.

Thanks for the support, much appreciated.  :thumbsup:

I don't recall if this works for DayZ but I feel it might as it searches through the steam server list.  You can go to the servers tab under steam and look at recent history, I don't have the exacts on the recently played's expiration, but it should go back for a bit.

You can also try this courtesy of SmashT-

Open the following file in notepad+ and you can see your history in order.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<Steam User ID >\7\remote\serverbrowser_hist.vdf

Alternatively, open C:\Users<USERNAME>\Documents\DayZ\<USERNAME>.DayZProfile and search for "lastMPServer

Edited by Steak and Potatoes