OnionOfShame

Potential New Dynamic Events for DayZ

Hello fellow survivors! Today I'd like to make some suggestions regarding dynamic events in DayZ. I am sure that some of these concepts have been suggested elsewhere, but I have not been able to find an entire thread dedicated to it. By dynamic event I mean something that has a chance to happen/spawn and often occurs at different locations, such as the helicopter crashes and police cars currently in-game. Here are some of my suggestions for dynamic events, feel free to comment on my suggestions or add your own!

Crashed Civilian Supply Transport Vehicles

Several variants of this vehicle would exist. Each variant would have been bound for a specific store and would be carrying the appropriate items (Guns and ammo to a gun store, canned food to a supermarket, seeds to a farm, car parts to a mechanic, clothing to a clothing shop, gasoline to a gas station, etc.) They will spawn crashed in the parking lot of the destination store, or somewhe en route. These vehicles should have massive amounts of whatever valuables they carry. For example a food truck should carry hundreds of cans of various food. Three of each type will spawn across the map, but only one of each type will have a chance to spawn loot. As a possibility, there could be built-in alarms on the trucks. This would cause a loud noise, alerting any nearby survivors or zombies to your location and making collection of the goods much more risky.

Hidden Rebel Cache

As many of you know, the back story of DayZ involves a rebellion movement in Chernarus (from ArmA 2). So wouldn't it make sense that there would be some caches of rebel supplies left over? These caches would consist mostly of guns and anmunition, and take the form of a camp in the woods or a small stash in an urban home. Only a few of these would spawn per server reset, and they will be very well-hidden and difficult to find. As a possibility, maybe some maps or notes found within homes could give clues or directions as to where a stash might be hidden. These could lead the player on a (sometimes fruitless) sort of scavenger hunt. For example they might find a letter in a house that says some supplies are stashed at Josef Vukov's home. They will then have to find a census record at the town hall or capital to locate Josef's address. But there may have been multiple people of this name living in the country, so the player will have to determine which one it is. The player eventually tracks Josef to an apartment building far from the first house where the note was found. They will now have to loot through the apartment building in search of Josef's former room to retrieve their prize.

Destroyed Military Convoy

This would operate similarly to helicopter crash sites. It consists of several broken-down vehicles previously belonging to the national military or UN forces stationed in Chernarus. These vehicles imclude mostly patrol vehicles (like an HMMWV), military transport trucks, and the rare APC. Large amounts of weapons and supplies can be found inside. Western weapons and equipment (M4, etc.) will spawn at UN convoys, and Eastern equipment (SMERSH Vest, etc.) will spawn at Chernarussian/Russian convoys. They will usually be found in the middle of the road, sometimes in a city or town. Most of the vehicles will be damaged beyond repair, but there is a (very low) chance that one vehicle will be operational, albeit with large amounts of repairs. This would give a group a very valuable vehicle if they can successfully repair it. There would be very large amounts of zombies in and around the convoy, making looting the site a riskier task, and not something some random lucky freshspawn can easily get fully geared from. This means that spawning a convoy near the coast would not disrupt the current loot patterns (i.e. have to move West to get geared) because you would already need to be geared to loot it safely.

Zombie Infestation

This event would consist of huge amounts of zombies - I'm thinking about 200-300 - packed into a relatively small area. This could occur in places out on the road or in the wilderness, or in cities and towns. If they are in a city they will be hidden inside a few close-by buildings. This will prove to be a very dangerous, maybe impossible situation for all but the largest and most well-equipped groups. Thus in most cases, flight will be the best option. Of course there will be no major reward for clearing these out (unless loot is added to zombies), so it will mostly just be a risk while looting or traveling, or a challenging combat situation to overcome if you are brave. Just to add more spontaneity and dynamism. There should be a few of these spawning per server restart. Five would be a good amount, as this would keep it rare occurrence as you would not usually go out searching for an infestation.

Military Anti-Disease Efforts

This event could take a few different shapes. The military in question could be Chernarussian, UN, or both. The loot found at each site would be based on which faction controlled it (for example, the M4 can be found at UN sites). The sites will be based on actions that the government would have logically taken in an attempt to stop the spread of the zombie disease outbreak, such as a refugee camp, an attempt to organize evacuation at the coast, a quarantine of a small town or part of a city, or a massive pile of dead bodies intended for burial or burning. There should be large amounts of zombies present at each of these. The loot present will vary between site types. For example a refugee camp will spawn large amounts of food. These sites can be useful for their loot, but their primary purpose will be as a set-piece. Again, the zombies present at each site will prevent the ruining of the current loot path system. Only a few of these (2-3) should spawn per server reset.

• Like 4

I can see supply transports (no guns), convoys and relief camps, the rest not really.  :beans: