Exiled_Soul

loot splosion

woot just found a loot splosion at an airfield and i was the only person online. =D

They are a bad thing and are currentlly making game play bad

• Like 8

Yup found them all over the nw airfield on the server i play on - really sad - makes the survival thing non existant

• Like 5

it was on 1pp i was just wandering around i dont play 1pp much but i got an akm with 2 mags and high cap vest

As it stands right now there's no persistance/public hive wipes planned, which will put the players not stashing all that loot on a serious disadvantage.

I find myself not spending that much time in game for obvious reasons, it's just boring.

Hopefully they consider equalising Chernarus again when .56 kicks in.

• Like 2

As it stands right now there's no persistance/public hive wipes planned, which will put the players not stashing all that loot on a serious disadvantage.

I find myself not spending that much time in game for obvious reasons, it's just boring.

Hopefully they consider equalising Chernarus again when .56 kicks in.

Lootsplosions or not some of us hide/hoard gear, even more so as loot gets rarer. I'm sure we'll see more wipes because of exploits in development. I hope we're not thinking there'll be a wipe every time someone builds a "camp" or two because someone else doesn't have the patience to do so. 

• Like 3

It´s not about patience BCBasher, don´t get me wrong. I love to have some xtra gear ready.

Long story short, last character made it to Veresnik MB. It´s been a struggle, surviving by berry picking etc, arrived in that base with my shabby cloths and a child backpack full of crap.

But once I´ve been there, it was like !LOL!.

AK variants all over the place (counted more than ten) including mags and ammo, food for days. You name it.

IMO it´s just absurd having bases/stashes existing based on that failure.

Edited by Buddy cASSino

i went to prison island and was lucky enough to load up on food. i also got a pm73 with 15 rd mag =D

• Like 1

Anyone need a chainsaw? I camp near a shed that has spawned probably 75 of them since the loot system was rolled back...

• Like 3

Loot splosions ruin a character for me. It's not long after finding one that I find a way to suicide or die creatively because I lose interest and feel tainted.

• Like 1

I'm dubious of these so called loot-splosions. Post some server names so I can check it out myself... :P

a chicago server at the military base, south of NWAF.

On a server, i had found kamyshovo being 1 big loot explosion. Like serious, every spawnpoint tens or 20 ish items. Sometimes 50. Not really much high grade, but it worked perfectly as a good start to head out inland more. That was really great!

If the world were to go to hell today. There would be locations all around the planet that would be considered loot explosions. Think of the number of grocery store, walmarts, sporting good shops, gas stations, malls etc., I see these loot explosions in game and I find them to be a lot of nothing I need (a lot like the stock at walmart) with maybe a one or two item bonus in amongst the other stuff. It would depend on the type of epidemic, but I feel like there would still be places worth exploring and looking for, like travelling to the walmart 13 miles away, because, you know it is there and you "don't" know if it has been looted. 

If the world were to go to hell today. There would be locations all around the planet that would be considered loot explosions. Think of the number of grocery store, walmarts, sporting good shops, gas stations, malls etc., I see these loot explosions in game and I find them to be a lot of nothing I need (a lot like the stock at walmart) with maybe a one or two item bonus in amongst the other stuff. It would depend on the type of epidemic, but I feel like there would still be places worth exploring and looking for, like travelling to the walmart 13 miles away, because, you know it is there and you "don't" know if it has been looted. 

I agree to an extant. Someone said everything would be looted within a few days and I disagree strongly. Maybe the most obvious places would be looted quickly as most people don't tend to think things through very well. Anyone wonder where all the food, guns, medical supplies, etc. are before they even reach the stores? There are central hubs where the trucks are loaded up at, this is where I would go to. The harbors, the shipping ports, even the factories that make the guns and the gun powder, the survival equipment we would need. In the chaos of such an insane event (people becoming infected with the rage virus; there are no zombies in DayZero) the great majority of people would never even get to the point of looting for survival, they would all become infected, and thus mindless.

Enjoy it while it lasts because all the tears will taste sweet after the loot is fixed

Assuming they get it right this time. .55 had a silly contrast of lootsplosions and barren nothingness.

Second times the charm I suppose?