Sign in to follow this  
billyangstadt

Everyone seems to want the game to mimic The Walking Dead.

Yet, they don't seem to be able to handle the harshness that the scenario would produce.

"I ran through the whole city and didn't find a can of food or ammo, loot is broken"

I'm not talking about the CLE, it seems to happen everytime the devs move to make survival a bit more harsh. So, to keep their game alive, they have to cave to the run and gun players since that's the attention span most of the community has, unfortunately.

Have you ever considered that the survival rate in that type of situation would be fairly low?

There would be tons of people everyday starving to death, traveling miles upon miles without finding any useful gear

Ever consider the fact that there can be several cities and villages completely raided of all guns and ammo.

People seem to watch the newest episodes and run to the forums charged up with suggestions from the show. The show obviously keeps the action at the forefront for ratings, but imagine if they showed the other side. Where groups are losing several people per day, they travel 5 episodes without finding a single can of food, gun or ammo, and eventually starve...ya know...what would most likely happen (since we can only go on what we assume).

To think that military bases wouldn't be completely raided in the first month is completely asinine.

Edited by DanicaHamlin

Actually, there was a couple of episodes where they were desperate for anything, food, water, shelter. I would like things to be like that (I think it was the first few episodes of season 5?)

• Like 1

I just wish ONE, just ONE, gaming studio would say, "You know what, if you don't like it...just leave. This game is meant to be hard, frustrating, and your chances of surviving long enough to even set up a camp are low. If you don't like playing in a creul, harsh world that a zombie apocolypse would provide, feel free to exit left and play one of the other 200 zombie shooters"

Yet, everyone eventually sells out for the mighty dollar.

• Like 6

To be fair, they are what you'd call a business.

I realize this, but many indie companies start their own game because every other game out there isn't what they want or feel the community needs. Eventually, when this much money is on the line, they sell out or fall off the map.

It's sad. This genre needs a true hardcore survival. One where only a few people on the server may have a rifle or pistol, gun and food spawns are near non existent and you're forced to live off of the land.

Everything now is weapons, ammo, more weapons, fancy buildings, more weapons, cars...and the eventual crafting recipe. This is all games of the genre.

You act like this is a monthly sub game. The devs don't cave to anyone. You pay once when you buy the game and just have to deal with how they develop the game. It's on track the way they want it to be.

I just wish ONE, just ONE, gaming studio would say, "You know what, if you don't like it...just leave. This game is meant to be hard, frustrating, and your chances of surviving long enough to even set up a camp are low. If you don't like playing in a creul, harsh world that a zombie apocolypse would provide, feel free to exit left and play one of the other 200 zombie shooters"

Yet, everyone eventually sells out for the mighty dollar.

Funny you bring that up because Brian Hicks did say that

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 6

Funny you bring that up because Brian Hicks did say that

Ya I was going to dig up the post to link it as well but whats the point ... people don't read stuff, they just come here to bitch and complain.

Ya I was going to dig up the post to link it as well but whats the point ... people don't read stuff, they just come here to bitch and complain.

Let me get this straight, you're assuming "people don't read stuff" because a single post amongst hundreds a day that was posted months ago was lost?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was stickied..

Well lets HOPE a real zombie apocalypse fantasy NEVER happens cause your going to want to shoot yourself in the head on the first day of it ever happening.

Or maybe they read it and ignore it saying "Fuck you!" lol. You cant make everyone want the same thing. Theres always going to be "The Casual Gamer" and the "Hardcore Gamer" each person with there own view points of how things should and shouldn't be with each play style.

The game wont decline as long as there is something for everyone to do or explore. Thats how I view it anyways.

• Like 1

So, to keep their game alive, they have to cave to the run and gun players since that's the attention span most of the community has, unfortunately.

You argument is invalid.

• Like 1