Sign in to follow this  
therandomredstone

Item Durability

Imagine the stair glitch that ruins your pants and boots and everything inside of them? You know how every single item in your pants becomes ruined? Well that has to change.

The staircase glitch was just an example, since it is a glitch, it will be fixed, but to keep the suggestion short, whenever a clothing item becomes ruined, not everything inside of it should be too. Items could be damaged, and rarely ruined at that.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I like it just as is, Be way to easy if ya just could carry a 2 slot extra pants around with you. Glad the shotgun Ruins everything it touches. Mabey someone won't shoot me with it if they want my goodies.(Thank god for the  bear trap too, or should we make that not ruin stuff , Mabey they can make it so it heals you , Hows that :P ..!   GO BEAR TRAP GO .. ! ) Another who wants a soft pillow a comfy LiL Blanket and a kiss goodnight. I hope they make it your pants and gear inside gets damage from running through dense bushes.

Edited by LoveAffair

In the last status report, the devs indicated that they were working on "fall damage mitigation," a "new damage system," as well as the new "character controller." Of the three, I believe that the new character controller will provide the foundation for the solution and the other items mentioned will address our concerns once and for all.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 1

I hope they make it your pants and gear inside gets damage from running through dense bushes.

ive been through some pretty dense sh*t up in the woods of northern ontario and i can say for certain that a plastic compass placed in a jacket or pants while busting through the brush does not take damage. also, something strong like a knife or magazine does not take damage. i can see it being valid if you were rolling around with berries in your pockets but otherwise most things would not take damage just by running through the brush. (granted i wasnt wearing trackpants and a rubber raincoat tho so im sure certain clothes could be made to be more susceptible to wear and tear ) 

ive been through some pretty dense sh*t up in the woods of northern ontario and i can say for certain that a plastic compass placed in a jacket or pants while busting through the brush does not take damage. also, something strong like a knife or magazine does not take damage. i can see it being valid if you were rolling around with berries in your pockets but otherwise most things would not take damage just by running through the brush. (granted i wasnt wearing trackpants and a rubber raincoat tho so im sure certain clothes could be made to be more susceptible to wear and tear ) 

Well i was really just joking with that, Was my lame attempt to make a point of (How more easy do you want them to make this game for you) I'm looking for them to tighten the Screws and make it alot harder. I would be happy with almost borderline unplayable. Just a little harder then before they went back to that legacy horrid loot placement. Aww Poor baby you have to plant your own food. But i digress , and he was kinda wishing his Sewing kit didn't get ruined when his pants did. So , ( Bet ya can get scratched up pretty bad though going through the bushes :P ) Mabey a ruined or used bandage.

Boo20boo_zps526422n6.jpg

Edited by LoveAffair

Imagine the stair glitch that ruins your pants and boots and everything inside of them? You know how every single item in your pants becomes ruined? Well that has to change.

The staircase glitch was just an example, since it is a glitch, it will be fixed, but to keep the suggestion short, whenever a clothing item becomes ruined, not everything inside of it should be too. Items could be damaged, and rarely ruined at that.

Thoughts?

It is a gameplay mechanic, made to make things actually, you know, difficult.

If things in your clothing were safe from damage, then the game would be even easier than it already is.

As for the staircase/second-floor glitch, just vault when you get above the ground. The glitch happens when the game thinks you just fell from the X-story due to lag/desync. By vaulting, you "reset" your position, and the game updates your position without breaking your legs.

Been doing that for months, haven't broken my legs once.

• Like 1

Ahh the same dam glitch..... Yes it needs to change or at least be more realistic. Cloths shouldn't go from pristine to ruined in one swipe though gunshots can be an exception as well as explosions. Soft stuff aka bandages,paper, pens, and other stuff I missed can get ruined easy. Every thing else like guns, ammo, or vests shouldn't get ruined as easy in inventory or out side inventory. As for guns, being attacked by bandits with guns items should get ruined that easy though some shouldnt like rocks and other hard hard stuff. Explosions should be the ultimate killer as everything or most stuff should be ruined in a explosion as you'll probably not survive.

The fact of the matter is, if someone unloads a whole clip into your backpack for instance do you really think the contents will not be harmed in the slightest of ways? Think about it now ;)

I think the problem isn't that items get ruined when players hit you, it's that twisting your ankle rips your jeans to shreds and that a punch from a zombie can liquidate the contents of your vest. I'm fine with getting shot and having items get damaged, but it doesn't make sense for zombies to be able to destroy your items by punching you. Same goes for bleeding. If you've been beaten to the point that blood loss is an issue, external bleeding is probably the least of your problems.

I think the problem isn't that items get ruined when players hit you, it's that twisting your ankle rips your jeans to shreds and that a punch from a zombie can liquidate the contents of your vest. I'm fine with getting shot and having items get damaged, but it doesn't make sense for zombies to be able to destroy your items by punching you. Same goes for bleeding. If you've been beaten to the point that blood loss is an issue, external bleeding is probably the least of your problems.

Which is why I want the medical system to be revamped, with "external bleeding", like we currently have, which could range from insignificant (capillary bleeding, from punches and scrapes) to hazardous ( from blade-slashes and such), and "internal bleeding" (caused by stab/arrow wounds and bullets), which is essentially a death sentence. There is almost no way someone without advanced medical training and, more importantly, advanced medical equipment, will be stopping internal bleeding. 

Don't want to suffer from internal bleeding? Easy, don't get shot. External bleeding can be treated with bandages and rags (in the case of "insignificant" wounds) and a suture kit (in the case of more serious bleeding).

The major threat of external bleeding, after blood loss itself, is the chance to develop infections. So, a "zombie" won't kill you outright by beating on you, just cause you to bleed and weaken over time, and probably cause you to get infected wounds.