Sign in to follow this  
hemmo

Plant trees

How about planting trees yourselves? Ofc it would take a looooong time to grow. Ofc with restrictions ect, like no apple trees ect. The idea is to plant your own tree cover.

If you just want them for cover, why not chop down some bushes and drag them across your tent and along the sides as camoflage? Could be just another option for cutting bushes (cut kindling -> + cut branches)

I think in order to place something that you can grow in the current Dayz engine, you need to put down a dynamic object of some kind first. Like the garden plots or the soil inside the greenhouses. There would be something on the ground where you place a tree, so it wouldn't look as plain as the rest of the terrain, from nearby. I'm not entirely sure if that is the case, but I don't think you can just plant something in the terrain without placing some kind of foundation for it, first. I think the current trees are instances (not sure about that either), so they aren't quite the same as dynamic objects placed by a player; they use up far less resources that way.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Id actually be ok with the ability to plant apple trees.

It would be another survival mechanism. And its not like you couldnt just make your fortress near a apple tree farm anyways....