hemmo

Craft tent camouflage / spray paint tent

I have got a few idea's in relation with tents.

-How about being able to spray tents (the blue one into green for example)

-How about being able to disguise the tents with a "ghilli-like" cover. (Camouflage net?) like the military does? Sticks + leaves (new option: search leaves) = tent camouflage

Edited by Hemmo NL
  • Like 2

I saw a video perhaps half a year ago, where the tents were first shown and it was talked about spraying them, much like you can spray the rifles (green/black/camo). I don't think it is a priority right now, but probably will be a feature, since it should take next to no work to implement it. Just needs some new skins made for tents that can replace the generic ones. In fact the damaged model is already just a different skin, so I guess this feature will be coming soon. 

Until then you can learn to build tents and hide them properly. It's quite fun finding a good spot. I usually think about where I never go and which routes I take the least, as well as places of interest nearby, before setting up a tent anywhere. Only one campsite was discovered so far. And that was plainly in the edge of the map, so probably the worst (most obvious) place for a camp.

• Like 1

Usefullness? Yes, Id like to be able to spray tents.

Do I think there are better features to work on in the meantime? Yes.

I like it, but I prefer the devs work on more important stuff. Maybe down the pipeline.

I would say we will be able to do it one day just probably not anytime soon.. It is a pretty logical idea at the end of the day

On 4/24/2015 at 4:26 AM, hemmo said:

I have got a few idea's in relation with tents.

-How about being able to spray tents (the blue one into green for example)

-How about being able to disguise the tents with a "ghilli-like" cover. (Camouflage net?) like the military does? Sticks + leaves (new option: search leaves) = tent camouflage

Same idea. Hopefully we could apply this same camouflaging concept to cars. It's so hard to have (keep) nice things!!! 

Yes camps for me personally have been a complete waste of time and the longest I have managed to hold onto a camp is 1 week 3 days. I have since decided that setting up camp at least for now is pointless. So YES something has to be done and perhaps the "ghilli-like" cover you mentioned is the way forward. Good post!

On 22-4-2016 at 1:18 AM, The Chosen said:

Yes camps for me personally have been a complete waste of time and the longest I have managed to hold onto a camp is 1 week 3 days. I have since decided that setting up camp at least for now is pointless. So YES something has to be done and perhaps the "ghilli-like" cover you mentioned is the way forward. Good post!

My camp is still going since the start of 0.59, never been found. But than again, it is on the remotist place of entire DayZ, unfindable by cheaters and teleporters because there is no path to it (not glitched in rocks or something liek that)

There are gem spots and you will need a barrel, tents are tooo big and sticking out tooo much

Spray painting barrels is a must thou