Yawdarious

Wednesday Maintinence

Well i had been hunting since about 2 hours before wipe for a certain item, i finally found it just before the Wednesday Maintinence. Then i got the no message recieved, i wont be butthurt, but out of curiosity, will i likely lose that item because i found it 5 mins before all servers went down for maintinence? Will it likely roll me back before that?

Update: I lost it. I was rolled back to the very room i found it in, therefore it must have rolled me back, just seconds before i grabbed it.

Edited by Yawdarious

I don't know specific numbers but in my experience it is between a few seconds and some minutes.

If you are very lucky you will still have that item, but don't have to much hope on it.

I think you are being trolled OP. You found the item 5 minutes before the servers went down? You are good, provided the item is in your inventory or a tent. If you had found the item 30 seconds or less before the server shutdown, I'd worry. Otherwise, you are good to go. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Well i had been hunting since about 2 hours before wipe for a certain item, i finally found it just before the Wednesday Maintinence. Then i got the no message recieved, i wont be butthurt, but out of curiosity, will i likely lose that item because i found it 5 mins before all servers went down for maintinence? Will it likely roll me back before that?

My experience is that of other posters, 20 seconds to 1 minute.

If it was 5 minutes beforehand you're sweeeeeeeet

What were the items ?  I Love to know that piece of the puzzle.

Yea I'm curious as well... b/c maybe it's not as rare as you think. Just go to Elektro in a pub server and get a kill, and you'll get all the rare shit you want; fully juiced M4's with like 10 (most likely duped) 60rnd couple mags, SMERSH vest, etc etc. 

As the guys mention, if you picked it up 5 minutes before server shutdown, you should be all fine!

LET US know how you go maaan, what was the item ? ..was it a  hot pink  dress                     ...LOL

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Like 1

As the guys mention, if you picked it up 5 minutes before server shutdown, you should be all fine!

What exactly is the weekly server maintenance? Does it give you a chance to add small hotfixes between larger patches, or is it just for the servers themselves to full reset? Genuinely curious.

The big reveal....

An AKM.

You know those things that arent usually hard to find, but for some reason all i find is ak101's and ak74's now. Yeah, one of those.

I'm Jealous. I've hit the pustoshka military, zelen military, vybor military, NWAF, and north of Severo military on multiple servers and have yet to find one. :(

What exactly is the weekly server maintenance? Does it give you a chance to add small hotfixes between larger patches, or is it just for the servers themselves to full reset? Genuinely curious.

Hotfixes are announced by the team, so in case of regular maintenance, it is basically just maintenance of the servers.

This includes that servers are taken offline so that the guys can do a backup of the hive. Afterwards a cleanup of the database is initiated - removing dead characters, deprecated items and such. And, if needed, the guys perform config changes to the control panel - the ability to set time acceleration on the servers for example. All this does not require updates to neither server nor client and is what regular wednesday maintenance would entail (like today).

• Like 5

Hotfixes are announced by the team, so in case of regular maintenance, it is basically just maintenance of the servers.

This includes that servers are taken offline so that the guys can do a backup of the hive. Afterwards a cleanup of the database is initiated - removing dead characters, deprecated items and such. And, if needed, the guys perform config changes to the control panel - the ability to set time acceleration on the servers for example. All this does not require updates to neither server nor client and is what regular wednesday maintenance would entail (like today).

Like SMoss said, basically anything and everything that requires any kind of downtime for the servers. Updates can be done at the same time (and usually are), but they are independent of the maintenance that occurs.

Another example of something that requires downtime but not an update: loot configuration. Some small changes can be made on-the-fly, but last week's move from one loot spawn system to another required the servers to be offline.

Thank you so much for that explanation. I was wondering too. 

It's really refreshing to see devs who are active on their own forums. I've not been a part of many forums, but it has been my experience that devs do not participate and actively respond to the community the way that you guys do.  ;)

Edited by ColdAtrophy

The big reveal....

An AKM.

You know those things that arent usually hard to find, but for some reason all i find is ak101's and ak74's now. Yeah, one of those.

lol Yea, like I said... kill someone in Elektro and they're bound to either have a fully juiced M4 or an AKM with like 5 round drums

Yea I'm curious as well... b/c maybe it's not as rare as you think. Just go to Elektro in a pub server and get a kill, and you'll get all the rare shit you want; fully juiced M4's with like 10 (most likely duped) 60rnd couple mags, SMERSH vest, etc etc. 

Your being as we Americans say NAWT!

Hey guys new player here jw does anyone have Frame drops around zombies and also is it just me or is it really risky now to kill zombies with melee weapons? I've died in 3 hits full heath from a zombie in good gear. I have too shoot or run!

Hey guys new player here jw does anyone have Frame drops around zombies and also is it just me or is it really risky now to kill zombies with melee weapons? I've died in 3 hits full heath from a zombie in good gear. I have too shoot or run!

I've gone toe to toe with quite a few zombies and I have not been killed by one yet. I have had my leg or arm broken a few times and many pants and jackets ruined... Maybe I'm just lucky.

I'm Jealous. I've hit the pustoshka military, zelen military, vybor military, NWAF, and north of Severo military on multiple servers and have yet to find one. :(

What "Pustoshka" military base? Are you talking about the tent city behind Myshkino?

What "Pustoshka" military base? Are you talking about the tent city behind Myshkino?

Just north of Kamenka - different than Zelen military, which is right in Zelen.