Sign in to follow this  
stray cat

Nametags + Reputation System Proof of concept

While I don't necessary love the idea, I want to thank you for taking the time to illustrate your point instead of just talking about it. That goes a long way, in my opinion :)

Agreed.

I really dislike this idea.

I think with some more time stray cat you may learn why alot of people will not like this idea because it goes against the idea of what dayz is about. Indeed we all know its hard and you get f*cked on alot by other players but I can assure you about 80% of the community wouldn't want this idea due to its "restrictive" nature.. There is a strong ethic among the community about not being punished for your play style.. I agree with this also and the less information we are told by the game the more emphasis there is for the enrichment of player experience via environment.

When the game becomes alot harder with more zombies, sickness etc hopefully, I think players will be more inclined to work together. We will see. Untill I will still avoid people always

Other than that most of this is done by the players word of mouth in respect to what you mention

Also at the end of the day dayz isnt like the rest and we would prefer it to stay that way :D

I agree with you. The idea is a good thought but I don't think it is well suited for a game such as DayZ and once the loot will be harder to find, the danger of sickness etc gets more of a threat, then I also beleive that players will be more likely to co-operate instead of only killing each other. That will give more room for player interactions which I think is a better way of doing it instead of reading info from dead ppl.

Edited by Mental Burner
  • Like 1

I am also still waiting for the complementary accessory to the handcuffs, namely the leash!

It would be sooooo cool to be able to stroll around with one of those Elektro-bandits, handcuffed and in a leash,  along the coast and randomly force feed him with.... PUMKINS!

Or maybe tie him to a tree while you go into the supermarket and "shopping", while all the drunkies (zombies) nearby walks up and asks "killer" questions to him.

Edited by Mental Burner

I am also still waiting for the complementary accessory to the handcuffs, namely the leash!

It would be sooooo cool to be able to stroll around with one of those Elektro-bandits, handcuffed and in a leash,  along the coast and randomly force feed him with.... PUMKINS!

Or maybe tie him to a tree while you go into the supermarket and "shopping", while all the drunkies (zombies) nearby walks up and asks "killer" questions to him.

As much as I like this idea I think the bandits are the ones that would be doing most of the leashing players :D

As much as I like this idea I think the bandits are the ones that would be doing most of the leashing players :D

I know bro! But never forget, that whatever the bandits can do to us so called "luck-seekers", we can do even worse back to them once we have found our luck.

I have currently found an MP-133 which is a true killer in close quarter combats inside Elektro. Hoohah!!  :thumbsup:

I know bro! But never forget, that whatever the bandits can do to us so called "luck-seekers", we can do even worse back to them once we have found our luck.

I have currently found an MP-133 which is a true killer in close quarter combats inside Elektro. Hoohah!!  :thumbsup:

Yep, cant wait till my freinds start playing and I can have an actual "crew". They are not real big on the whole alpha thing and are waiting for the game to get better. I've pretty much put 300 hrs into the standalone as the lone wolf. I have an mp5 with a silencer at the moment and only 4 rnds left + magnum pistol :D