SammyTheGamer

make sounds more realistc

Just a small suggestion that you either implement a sound mod, or record real sounds from guns at a range? Because at the moment shooting a DMR (M14) doesn't sound realistic and ruins the immersion. Same with other weapons

And if you try to tell me "Oh, the guns do sound realistic, I've fired them in real life", you're lying.

• Like 1

If THAT'S what's ruining your immersion, I believe you're doing it wrong.

Also, you know you're talking about weapon sounds in a 6 year old game right?.

• Like 2

Also, you know you're talking about weapon sounds in a 6 year old game right?.

Weapon sounds shouldn't change over time? An M4 sounded exactly the same as it did 6 years ago... 

Weapon sounds shouldn't change over time? An M4 sounded exactly the same as it did 6 years ago... 

I believe what he means, is that it is old software recording it. More than likely not even recorded, more from a public audio library. Like the Colt 1911 in that game. Identical noise to the SilverBallers in Hitman. Many old games like Arma did that. And many games now do it.

I don't think you understand the scope of what we're doing with the mod..

We can't go out and record weaponsounds here. We're working for free in our free time and wouldn't even have the funds to be able to do anything close to that.

And if you want to use a weapon-soundpack. There's JSRS and some servers allow it already, no need to implement it into the mod (as it fucks with Zombie-AI as well)

• Like 1

Hey Sammy, I happened to see that you are playing on Europa and just like kichilron wrote, JSRS is a great way to get more realistic gun sounds in-game without the need of implementing it into the mod.

We support it and install instructions are located here: http://dayzeuropa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=90

Cheers!