gannon46

so much for the struggle

I understand there were issues with the previous loot but i liked it i really did never had enough food, guns were somewhat hard to come by and ammo was rare unless you got lucky. Sewing kits were non-existent so we all looked like hobo's there was a real struggle, always needing food managing the ammo for humans or zeds my group had to rely on each other to survive now that the loots back the way it was before .55 the struggle is gone food everywhere ammo around every turn and guns in every house sewing kits can keep you looking fresh as a daisy.  The need to explore and go to places i havn't been is not needed as i can just to the same old routine. before the fix i was finding myself farming to feed people going to places i never ventured to find guns and ammo for folks people had value and if they weren't worth a damn then they died the way it should be. i hope they get it fixed sometime soon because after a taste of what the game could be its hard to play with the loot extravaganza that we dealt with for so long this it what makes the game easy the loot. my hats off to the dev team you gave it a shot i know you'll get it fixed eventually and i'll be back struggling to survive i can't wait till things are hard to come by again. sry if it comes off as a rant i'm not pissed or dissappointed i just wanted to give my opinion about the loot and what i liked about it before the fix. 

Edited by gannon46
  • Like 23

I understand there were issues with the previous loot but i liked it i really did never had enough food guns were somewhat hard to come by and ammo was rare unless you got lucky sewing kits were non-existent so we all looked like hobo's there was a real struggle always needing food managing the ammo for humans or zeds my group had to rely on each other to survive now that the loots back the way it was before .55 the struggle is gone food everywhere ammo around every turn and guns in every house sewing kits can keep you looking fresh as a daisy i don't like it the need to explore and go to places i havn't been is not needed as i can just to the same old routine. before the fix i was finding myself farming to feed people going to places i never ventured to find guns and ammo for folks people had value and if they weren't worth a damn then they died the way it should be. i hope they get it fixed sometime soon because after a taste of what the game could be its hard to play with the loot extravaganza that we dealt with for so long this it what makes the game easy the loot. my hats off to the dev team you gave it a shot i know you'll get it fixed eventually and i'll be back struggling to survive i can't wait till things are hard to come by again. sry if it comes off as a rant i'm not pissed or dissappointed i just wanted to give my opinion about the loot and what i liked about it before the fix. 

Just being playing for a while and it really feels quite sad. Loot is back to being everywhere along with guns and ammo:( I really hope they manage to overcome the bugs with the CLE and persistence soon and we see it working in 0.56.

• Like 4

I understand there were issues with the previous loot but i liked it i really did never had enough food, guns were somewhat hard to come by and ammo was rare unless you got lucky. Sewing kits were non-existent so we all looked like hobo's there was a real struggle, always needing food managing the ammo for humans or zeds my group had to rely on each other to survive now that the loots back the way it was before .55 the struggle is gone food everywhere ammo around every turn and guns in every house sewing kits can keep you looking fresh as a daisy.  The need to explore and go to places i havn't been is not needed as i can just to the same old routine. before the fix i was finding myself farming to feed people going to places i never ventured to find guns and ammo for folks people had value and if they weren't worth a damn then they died the way it should be. i hope they get it fixed sometime soon because after a taste of what the game could be its hard to play with the loot extravaganza that we dealt with for so long this it what makes the game easy the loot. my hats off to the dev team you gave it a shot i know you'll get it fixed eventually and i'll be back struggling to survive i can't wait till things are hard to come by again. sry if it comes off as a rant i'm not pissed or dissappointed i just wanted to give my opinion about the loot and what i liked about it before the fix. 

As soon as I realised that the old looting system hade come back, I felt the game being dumbed down. I never realised how much of a difference it made, because I got used to the new system, but damn... now the game feels like a walk in the park again. Running into the same building as usual, immediately heading towards prison island. Gonna grab myself an AKM and go around shotting people again!

Edited by IgnobleBasterd
  • Like 5

i played for an hour and the magic was gone we had a decent camp going with some folks i met at random we all were helping each other get food ammo and gas in the truck now eveyone will probably kill each other because there's no need to team because there's no struggle. oh well here's hoping its back in .56

• Like 6

I also really enjoyed the scarcity of loot and the struggle too but there were definitely some issues that needed work.  Getting full health, a smersh vest and full gorka after visiting ten outhouses, then an mp5+10 mags after visiting the first two police stations you come across isn't exactly what they had in mind either.  I hope they get it smoothed out on the next update so that loot is once again scarce but everything is also found in their proper spawn locations.  

• Like 2

People will be coming back saying loot is too much now.. after the whole uproar of the non-existent loot?

I have no words.

• Like 5

Been playing for an hour or so and it feels like someone just switched on the easy switch. mosin, with loads of ammo , basicly fully geared is a matter a hitting a few houses. Cant wait for it to get back the way it was with the likely improvements.  

• Like 1

People will be coming back saying loot is too much now.. after the whole uproar of the non-existent loot?

I have no words.

You know, some people actually enjoyed the challenge. Right now, I can loot Svetlo in 5 minutes after freshspawning and come out fully healthy, energized and hydrated, with medical gear, primary and secondary w/ammunition, and be ready for PvP.

I know this because I just did.

• Like 6

This is Horrid with this loot explosion , now i have to wait a month to play again. Early May .... Yea sure.  If i play on the .55 experimental servers will it be like the .55 stable yesterday ? before they went back ?

• Like 4

Guys, chill down, look the sad reality is that, there are more casuals out there that do not have the luxury of time.
I for one loved and hated it, but once I died a few times, I gave up, to much time invested in gearing up and farming to stay alive, I had no time for anything else.

So the game died for me because it was just to time consuming to struggle, and sure playing alone made it more easy but as a team, whenever a teammate died it was just a disaster, we had to try to meet up with him and try to keep him alive.
And military loot was broker and zombies 1 hitting.

Dont get me wrong it had great ideas but, it became to time consuming, its already time consuming enough, with that I mean the % of walking in this game, which would be fixed for me with bikes lol.

• Like 4

Game is boring again.  I'll try again in 0.56 or experimental.

Endless loot and all the guns that make the game dull.

Guys, chill down, look the sad reality is that, there are more casuals out there that do not have the luxury of time.

I for one loved and hated it, but once I died a few times, I gave up, to much time invested in gearing up and farming to stay alive, I had no time for anything else.

So the game died for me because it was just to time consuming to struggle, and sure playing alone made it more easy but as a team, whenever a teammate died it was just a disaster, we had to try to meet up with him and try to keep him alive.

And military loot was broker and zombies 1 hitting.

Dont get me wrong it had great ideas but, it became to time consuming, its already time consuming enough, with that I mean the % of walking in this game, which would be fixed for me with bikes lol.

I think the game for you is Left for Dead , don't have time... hahahaha  mabey they should start you off with a nice gear package.. will that help your time schedule ?

This is terrible how it is, I'm tripping over AKM's and peaches.. How anyone could even remotely find any fun in how it is now is beyond me Sir.

• Like 1

It's the middle ground I think alot of us are hoping for.

It will be found just gonna take time.

• Like 1

I think the game for you is Left for Dead , don't have time... hahahaha mabey they should start you off with a nice gear package.. will that help your time schedule ?

This is terrible how it is, I'm tripping over AKM's and peaches.. How anyone could even remotely find any fun in how it is now is beyond me Sir.

It is because the majority of the community did not want that loot patch. I want loot to be rare, but not in that way, that way is terrible. When 4/5 of your characters starve to death, something is wrong. I went back to Vanilla Dayz mod because of it.

When loot becomes rare and the system smart, it will be fun. The last loot system was dumb. I would prefer mass loot over that.

• Like 4

We complain about how this is becoming a shitty codfest and no one listens.

We complain about how cross platforming will dumb down the game for console noobs and well suffer, still no one listens.

THEY complain about not being able to find AMMO to pvp with and the whole damn game is updated for them.

• Like 12

you guys are the minority.  you were finding enough stuff?  well congrats on picking the right servers.  other places were broken and had squat.  they rolled it back til they can fix the issues.

hopefully you can survive the hardship of not enough hardship.  be strong.

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 3

you guys are the minority.  you were finding enough stuff?  well congrats on picking the right servers.  other places were broken and had squat.  they rolled it back til they can fix the issues.

hopefully you can survive the hardship of not enough hardship.  be strong.

If the server you are on is broken and has no loot...... LEAVE. If you stay on a broken lootless server, and complain about finding no loot, you are both a masochist and stupid.

• Like 2

Devil's advocate here: the majority of players prefer easier loot. Members of the forums and posters on r/dayz are not representative of the average customer. Check the Steam charts and see how player numbers are down since 0.55:

Q9tyJz6.png

So if the majority of players prefer more abundant loot, why should they keep the loot scarce and the difficulty high to please a minority?

Once again the easy mode internet complainers are heard loud and clear. Are they the ones that will still be playing DayZ when the next COD or BF release?

Didn't think so. 

• Like 3

Devil's advocate here: the majority of players prefer easier loot. Members of the forums and posters on r/dayz are not representative of the average customer. Check the Steam charts and see how player numbers are down since 0.55:

Q9tyJz6.png

So if the majority of players prefer more abundant loot, why should they keep the loot scarce and the difficulty high to please a minority?

Because great art is not made to please the masses.

• Like 12

I said it before, I am a casual player with limited time to play.  Was able to survive and even thrive WITHOUT server hopping before the loot being reverted back.  To give you a sense of how much I play.  I have yet to see a crash heli.  Admittedly, I don't get on much anymore as I was bored with the standard get geared and PVP.  That's not my thing.  For those of you who want this game to be just that. Well, as others have stated, there are plenty of games out there that offer that.  Heck, I play several of them.  Also, to those that say that the loot system was killing the game and the majority of the players did not want it.  Where do you have proof?  The others that you game with don't count since you tend to group with like minded people.  That isn't a fair assumption.  There are things that need to be fixed with the loot, thinking of the outhouses here, but, I liked the fact that you had to actually look everywhere for what you wanted/needed.  If you are moving and scavenging like that, it makes the game more dangerous and difficult all over the place....not just the "hotspots."  I, for one, am looking forward to loot, food, weapons, and ammo, being scarce once again.  To those that are looking for a purely load up and PVP experience, I'm sure that there will be a mod for that down the road.  Ah well, got to love the bumps in the road with a game in development.  LOL

• Like 5

To be honest, I kind of like that anything can spawn anywhere. I think people should spread out evenly and not just circle around hotspots.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd
  • Like 5

Q9tyJz6.png

That graph doesn't necessarily correspond to the last patch.  There was a drop in number prior to the patch and then more recently another drop.  So, what caused that drop?  Vehicles?  LOL

That graph doesn't necessarily correspond to the last patch.  There was a drop in number prior to the patch and then more recently another drop.  So, what caused that drop?  Vehicles?  LOL

I'd imagine a year of no content killed off a lot of peoples enthusiasm.

Patiently awaiting a new loot system, like the idea of scarce loot, last system was completely fucked though.

Starving to death 4-5 times in a row then opening an outhouse and finding an AK+mags and a whole Gorka set kills the game for me. Although, I fully expect more posts about how the only people who didn't like the old busted system were pvp scrubs who just wanted to DM in -insert city here- and not people who would like the devs to not put the cart before the horse and not break the ability to live off the land.

• Like 4