Sign in to follow this  
Syphonz

Sandbags (goes with base building)

What I was thinking would be the ability to make sandbag walls.

I know there have been suggestions about walls for bases. What I was thinking of a quick "throwtogether" wall that one could build, like has been done in RL.

The way im envisioning it is:

Character uses a burlap sack (or whatever anyone else can think of that would be more effective).

Take the burlap sack to an area with sand (I know it would be possible with dirt, but, im just going with the whole "sandbag" thing.)

Multiple sacks create one "sandbag wall".

I believe this could be effective becuase of several reasons.

1. Allows players to create impromtu walls that they can use to defend a area (basically when bases come out)

2. Gives players a reason to travel back towards the coast, (which is the only place I believe sand can be found, unless im wrong, I very well could be.)

3. While travelling towards the coast, it can foster player interaction (at least with old players meeting fresh spawns,) since a heavy spawning location is by the coast.

I could see myself creating a firing pit ringed with sandbags inside my base.

Opinions?

Side note: This goes along with the barricades thread that was raised recently, but is something different.

Edited by Syphonz
  • Like 4

This is one of those things that you just can feel will be in the final release. I do agree with you, and I'd like these kinds of walls more then say steel ones. I never liked that kind of base building were you could build entire houses with nothing but some concrete found in a shed somewhere. The sandbag idea is one acceptable wall for me personally. They would also be great for barricading houses, sheds ect. They could also be a kind of temporary solution for at least some safety when night falls.

-Cactuz

• Like 1

Was in the mod, will likely be given unto SA.

People made enormous camps with sandbags and entrenching tools and tents.

They would box in vehicles with sandbags to prevent people without entrenching tools from driving them away while AFK.

Edited by BioHaze

Is there anything that needs to be changed? Or do you guys believe it will function basically exactly the same as in the mod (I never played the mod, so I don't know how it worked).

I like the idea very much and i almost posted the same suggestion, hence now i'm gonna enforce this one :D Everything you need to create a sandbag is a bag (burlap sack), sand and maybe a shovel. Yes, you could fill a bag with sand with your hands but let's say it'll be more effective with some kind of shovel.