smoman

Can developers please quick fix or change the old loot system back

this game needs serious adjustment to loot so that we can actually survive and find things in there correct space like before .55. i find myself not being able to find food or find nothing in houses/ military barracks don't spawn loot, plus heli-crash not spawning anything. please fix asap/revert to old loot system for now.

PS what i mean by this is i played for a couple of hours when .55 came out, server restarted i joined and lost all my gear and was sent back to coast (didn't stop me playing). then i attempted to loot found nothing but books and headgear. its good that its hard to survive but it shouldn't be almost impossible.

Edited by Phalanx21
  • Like 1

So far as I'm aware this is a required step in the process?  I think they needed to implement this system so that they could tweek it and find bugs while they establish the loot distribution and central economy.

So they most certainly will not be reverting the changes back to 0.54, they could, but they never would, they need to establish the new loot system if we ever want to get a release version of the game, if that means some hard times ahead then thats fair enough, instead of asking them to revert the systems we should be seeking out bugs and reporting them, the more of that we do the sooner we might get release :D

In many ways random loot locations aid bug finding because people will search far and wide and not just 4/5 locations for the specific loot they want, the game does need testing afterall.

You mention in your post that to survive you need loot in its specific locations?  How so? food is all over, clothes are all over, unless you mean guns and ammo, which are not a prerequisite for survival?

Edited by Velenon
  • Like 2

So far as I'm aware this is a required step in the process?  I think they needed to implement this system so that they could tweek it and find bugs while they establish the loot distribution and central economy.

So they most certainly will not be reverting the changes back to 0.54, they could, but they never would, they need to establish the new loot system if we ever want to get a release version of the game, if that means some hard times ahead then thats fair enough, instead of asking them to revert the systems we should be seeking out bugs and reporting them, the more of that we do the sooner we might get release :D

In many ways random loot locations aid bug finding because people will search far and wide and not just 4/5 locations for the specific loot they want, the game does need testing afterall.

You mention in your post that to survive you need loot in its specific locations?  How so? food is all over, clothes are all over, unless you mean guns and ammo, which are not a prerequisite for survival?

the thing is there is almost no loot even when a server just restarts. also as far as i can see i spawn along the coast where there is basically no loot apart from some books, chemlights and some basic clothing. food is ultra rare and so getting off the coast is almost impossible. so they may not need to revert but they do need to make it so that if there is a location where something is more likely to spawn (like meds in hospitals, military gear in baracks, ect) then they should be there maybe not on as large as scale but at the moment it is basically luck if u survive more than 10 minutes

Edited by Phalanx21

the thing is there is almost no loot even when a server just restarts. also as far as i can see i spawn along the coast where there is basically no loot apart from some books, chemlights and some basic clothing. food is ultra rare and so getting off the coast is almost impossible. so they may not need to revert but they do need to make it so that if there is a location where something is more likely to spawn (like meds in hospitals, military gear in baracks, ect) then they should be there maybe not on as large as scale but at the moment it is basically luck if u survive more than 10 minutes

The funny thing when I read Eugen's twitter is: the game isn't hard at all. It is supereasy for my group right now, because we took everything to our tents, have lots of weapons and food, supplies, etc. On the other hand the game is nearly impossible when I respawn at the coast. Cherno, Elektro and everything up there is now virtually empty. And even the smaller villages and everything else on the way up north is getting pretty empty. Yes, clothes seem to respawn, but that's about it. Sometimes I find a lonely can or two, but not enough, really. 

With the group, on the other hand. I call for a pickup, get taken to the camp and gear up and get myself to health. It's easy! So at the moment you are punished for lonewolfing, unless you have a stash somewhere already. It's not hard for those who went looting early on and took all the good gear. It's hard for those who just start playing and who have nothing.

And the lack of cooking equipment and bugged spawns make it no fun survival alternatives. I don't know why those items weren't fixed with the rest...

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Lol he has two post. Both in this thread.

He specifically joined this former to complain about the loot system.

Rofl

I don't know why all these threads are left open.

I think we need one titled, "Fuck you PvP asshole", which is all of us saying GOODBYE to the people who don't want a survival game.

Edited by kichilron
Please don't.
  • Like 6

The game is fantastic the way it is.  Had some PvP action near Novo, got killed and had no issues surviving with new toon.  It is taking much more time to have military weapons.  But the game is much more interesting now. 

Want a 5 minutes gear up toon?.....not possible now.  Which I think is great.  Zombies still a lower risk.  They should be far more dangerous and aggressive....

Cheers!

• Like 3

The funny thing when I read Eugen's twitter is: the game isn't hard at all. It is supereasy for my group right now, because we took everything to our tents, have lots of weapons and food, supplies, etc. On the other hand the game is nearly impossible when I respawn at the coast. Cherno, Elektro and everything up there is now virtually empty. And even the smaller villages and everything else on the way up north is getting pretty empty. Yes, clothes seem to respawn, but that's about it. Sometimes I find a lonely can or two, but not enough, really. 

With the group, on the other hand. I call for a pickup, get taken to the camp and gear up and get myself to health. It's easy! So at the moment you are punished for lonewolfing, unless you have a stash somewhere already. It's not hard for those who went looting early on and took all the good gear. It's hard for those who just start playing and who have nothing.

And the lack of cooking equipment and bugged spawns make it no fun survival alternatives. I don't know why those items weren't fixed with the rest...

Depends what server you play on... the 3 privates I frequent all seem to have loads of gear, not really had a problem getting off the coast it just takes more time. Yesterday for example... Berezino spawn.. found clothes, and water and a pack, then soda, and a frying pan and gas stove then a sporter and ammo the killed a cow and got steaks.. I was hunting for matches and got kos by some knob with a shotgun... yeah I died but not through starvation....

Cherno spawns are even better if you know where to look... fresh to full energised/hydrated + AK + mags etc etc without going inland or to any military places...

The game is fantastic the way it is.  Had some PvP action near Novo, got killed and had no issues surviving with new toon.  It is taking much more time to have military weapons.  But the game is much more interesting now. 

Want a 5 minutes gear up toon?.....not possible now.  Which I think is great.  Zombies still a lower risk.  They should be far more dangerous and aggressive....

Cheers!

I think/hope the zeds will be harder when they sort out all the glitches with them.. I read somewhere that they run on new animation while our character still run on the old ones so the way they interact is a bit off..

• Like 1

I struggled initially when 0.55 came out but you learn how to survive, I tend to pick about 8-10 apples as a fresh spawn takes a few minutes and will keep you going, then it's about being as brief as possible on the coast, you will see very quickly if it has been picked clean, if that is the case dont waste time make a move inland following a road.

Tthe trick I found was to be quick in the beginning, in and out of places dont hang around and also learn to spot and avoid the Zeds. 

If you get a few K's inland and there is nothing, get yourself killed and try from another town, still not working, try a different server.

I got my friend to start playing, we went to a new server and I F11'd untill we met up, on that server there was very little where I started some where he started, we got inland to the next town and scored. We walked away with a tent, food tools/weapons(melee) I even found a Plate carrier and the pouchs to go with it, of course that didnt save my life when my friend swung through on a zombie and axed me in the face but hey it was a good find while it lasted :D

There is loot, trust me, of course this is all on public servers I'm talking about.  As for loot on restarts, I think the loot system works off of cleanup scripts that always run rather than only refreshing at restart, so the server will maintain a certain level of loot I think, just means if this area empty some other area must have loot.

Lol he has two post. Both in this thread.

He specifically joined this former to complain about the loot system.

Rofl

everyone starts somewhere, stay on topic rather than commenting on the op.

I don't know why all these threads are left open.

I think we need one titled, "Fuck you PvP asshole", which is all of us saying GOODBYE to the people who don't want a survival game.

all have different play styles, stay civil and on topic  

• Like 3

But biohaze knows evrything that happens and how loot is working on every server there is. 

Buuut mooommy! The other guy started!1

If you really want something to happen, make sure to read the rules and report accordingly. This is not the way to go about it, especially after being told by a moderator not to. You make yourself look like a fool

• Like 2

Its a valid argument, the loot situation is way too hard for newspawns and this greatly affects playstyle. I have almost only geared characters now from 0.54 alive(one 0.55 guy who as a newspawn found three dead guys to loot) where before I always had some quite new characters that I could play with and in my opinion have the most fun with. I really enjoyed the gearing up part where you built your character and interacted with others doing the same thing but that is gone now when its impossible to build a character unless you are very very lucky. You will simply starve before you can do anything interesting. Its a challenge alright but its too uphill to even be the slightest bit of fun.

Now, everybody wants different things and some people seem to be perfectly happy with how things are right ow but simply but looking at server pop its quite clear that most people do not.

I've said it before, the way things are now should be how hardcore mode is and how it was before should be standard. That way you can choose. As long as the lootsystem we have now will not be what the finished product is like I guess its alright.

So, hotfix wednesday ftw?

There is a fix incoming. Look for it after the 15th.

Camp out and wait. Or take the risk. Its up to you..

and yes.....

ITS STILL ALPHA boys and girls.

(go with the flow)

Happy hunting.

TuT

Edited by tuthmes

They did it - and I am disappointed. I already knew the old system was boring und easy with all the overabundant loot. But after being allowed to play a survival game for a short period of time it just feels bad. Survival is trivial again, weapons are plentiful and zombies aren't much of a threat anymore ("spine fracture" aside) as you have plenty of time to outrun them, plenty of gear to stop bleeding when they manage to hit you and of course regeneration almost all of the time.

As a side note I only met three people with the central loot economy but all of them were friendly/neutral. Back to the old system and the first person I meet is a highly geared corpse. The second one shoots me (freshspawn with some clothes) on sight.