Sign in to follow this  
Brian W.

Weird Graphical Glitch (DayZ Standalone 0.55)

Refer to the video below:

I just starting getting this glitch as of yesterday and it's very annoying. It only happens in 1st. person but like many I like to shoot in 1st. person. Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution?

• Like 1

I just started seeing this today.

I haven't checked my 1PP character yet to see if it's there as well.

Strange to see such a big bug pop up 11 days into a build.

Sorry, I know no solution.

Edited by BioHaze

I just started seeing this today.

I haven't checked my 1PP character yet to see if it's there as well.

Strange to see such a big bug pop up 11 days into a build.

Sorry, I know no solution.

Strange. Have they released a hotfix recently? If so, that may have something to do with it. I don't know for sure though. It really breaks the experience for me. I have sort of cloudy X-Ray vision now.

Refer to the video below:

I just starting getting this glitch as of yesterday and it's very annoying. It only happens in 1st. person but like many I like to shoot in 1st. person. Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution?

I actually have seen this the first day of the .54 release awhile back at Green Mountain.

I never saw it again so I don't know if they released a hotfix or something which seems unlikely.

You should stop seeing it soon enough.

If you don't, consult a doctor. ;)

But really. It should stop.

• Like 1

I get this every once in a while, it's totally random, buildings go invisible, my FPS drops to like 1, zombies and my character model do this:

MU4fD6j.jpg

I was actually standing in a small industrial shed when I took this screen shot. If anyone has any permanent fixes for this please let me know. The only fix I've found is a temporary fix by changing my rendering resolution.

(sorry, I know its not directly related to this post but I'm too lazy to start a new topic) 

Edited by MadWookie

I get this every once in a while, it's totally random, buildings go invisible, my FPS drops to like 1, zombies and my character model do this:

MU4fD6j.jpg

I was actually standing in a small industrial shed when I took this screen shot. If anyone has any permanent fixes for this please let me know. The only fix I've found is a temporary fix by changing my rendering resolution.

(sorry, I know its not directly related to this post but I'm too lazy to start a new topic) 

yeah I love when that happens.  your framerate drops to 2, zombie experiences no problems and can now teleport.

• Like 1

yeah I love when that happens.  your framerate drops to 2, zombie experiences no problems and can now teleport.

Yeah exactly, has nearly got me killed several times.

EDIT: So I'm not the only person this happens too?

Edited by MadWookie

Strange. Have they released a hotfix recently? If so, that may have something to do with it. I don't know for sure though. It really breaks the experience for me. I have sort of cloudy X-Ray vision now.

They released a fix to try to reintroduce some missing items into the spawn system again.

Who knows what effects any patch can have...

I'm also seeing what I believe to be increased server instability on a particular server I'm playing on.

Yeah exactly, has nearly got me killed several times.

EDIT: So I'm not the only person this happens too?

That bug was introduced a few patches ago, removing ALL startup parameters fixes it. (Although a few keep it, probably hardware related.)

Wrong, there are/were actually 2 bugs leading to this graphic glitch. Many experienced it during 0.54 where deleting the startup parameters helped. But some people, like myself, always had to deal with the blocky graphics. Nevertheless I updated my system to 64-bit, as somebody on devtracker mentioned something along those lines, and bam never had this problem ever again.

That bug was introduced a few patches ago, removing ALL startup parameters fixes it. (Although a few keep it, probably hardware related.)

What do you mean by 'startup parameters'? I right click DayZ in Steam>Properties>Launch Option There is nothing in the box that pops us. Is that what you were talking about or something else? I figured it was just hardware problems.

What do you mean by 'startup parameters'? I right click DayZ in Steam>Properties>Launch Option There is nothing in the box that pops us. Is that what you were talking about or something else? I figured it was just hardware problems.

Jup it was that, if you have it occasionally, maybe filling in a bug report with your hardware could help the devs.

• Like 1

I've had this sh1t happening on an experimental build when they introduced the new startmenu.

As we were forced into the new menu, the startup parameter "-oldui"(iirc) fixed it for me...

Edited by Buddy cASSino