demoore

Food Comparison Chart

I made a comparison chart to determine the highest energy to stomach ratio.

• Found that the dry foods had by far the best ratio. Dried milk the bestest.
  • Of the foods you can grow, potatoes were the clear winner.
  • Tactical bacon is basically useless.
  • Pond water is more filling than Canteen or PET Water.
  • Also human meat and goat meat are identical.

For the image:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6fqVCEdSadoU0lvamc3UHN1Y1E/view?usp=sharing

For the Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lM_ZGREP5edtLJzJ-KJu9-OTWiX7KpiNyco5PMf72dY/edit?usp=sharing

All stats were found on the DayZ food wiki page.

Edited by demoore
  • Like 6

what about apples and berries? that's all ive eaten since the start of .55 and ive never been energized. been hydrated tho.

• Like 1

*looks down at half eaten goat sandwich and stops eating*  "Oh god...it tastes like Carl!

Thanks for this, was trying to do some of the math based on info from the DayZ wiki and coming up with weird numbers....I forgot how to maths.

• Like 3

what about apples and berries? that's all ive eaten since the start of .55 and ive never been energized. been hydrated tho.

Berries are better than apples. They have basically the same calories 70 and 69 respectively. However the berries are less filling, so you can eat more of them before getting stuffed. However neither one is going to get you energized any time soon. To go from Hungry to Energized can take anywhere from 14-21 berries and then another 29 berries to get to high Energy. That's also if you were expending no energy.  

Edited by demoore

I made this exact same spreadsheet, and got the same results. Unfortunately, I made it before the .55 update, so it doesn't really help much anymore, as just about any food you find now is worth eating to keep yourself alive. Thanks for sharing though.

Edited by tux

well, I suspected that some values on dayzdb are not up to date anymore. Figured that getting from really hungry to not hungry in less than 10 apples proved that...nice info.

Even if not completely up to date, and if this is accurate at all... this is FUCKING HELPFUL. Too many beans given to count :)

Pumpkins!!

Get energized (and stuffed) from hungry status with one pumpkin.

Tomatoes are ok for hydration, but hydration isn't a problem anyways.

Really, really useful, thanks for posting.

Actually, hydration is a problem for me, which is why I tend to avoid eating rice and prefer tinned food. But, yes, tactical bacon is not great.

Really, really useful, thanks for posting.

Actually, hydration is a problem for me, which is why I tend to avoid eating rice and prefer tinned food. But, yes, tactical bacon is not great.

I find purification tabs everywhere and there is a well in almost every city/village.