Echo4890

BAF L85/SA80 variants

I think it would be a good additon.

sa80-l85a2.jpg

Edit: The BAF does have a place in Chernarus, there are UK vests and UN stuff (The UK is part of the UN), so there is a place for L85.

Edited by Echo4890
  • Like 1

Exactly.

I agree with your post, gibonez

I was thinking this because it is in the DayZ mod, and is a favorite rifle of mine.

It's a neat gun, I wouldn't mind seeing it. Having said that, the AUG probably fills whatever gap the L85 would - though that's no reason not to include it.

There are UK assault vests, so there's precedent for British weapons. I wouldn't mind seeing British army uniforms and other equipment. Maybe only spawning at crash sites.

Well we have UN Peacekeeper Helmets which stands to reason that some kind of peace keeping force was present before/after the outbreak that occurred. From what I understand UN Peacekeepers usually take on soldiers from other countries to assist.

The UN website for example, shows what countries provided their assistance and contributions in peacekeeper acts and the United Kingdom offered 285 troops to the cause for some of its missions. Perhaps that could be a reason to have the L85 in-game, perhaps it was apart of a small detachment of British Army loaned Troops who were acting as UN Peacekeepers?

I'd rather see more simple civilian guns than more modern.

Plus the 85 sucks.

You know what would be a cool addition. Is a bullpup stock for the 74u

Edited by ASTINvlogs

The L85 was remodeled by HK to be more reliable, hence the A2.

well-there-it-is.gif

I'll see your Jurassic Park meme with a relevant one of my own...

life_finds_a_way_jurassic_park.gif

Replace "life" with "fiction" and well, there it is.

Yes please, L85 would be lovely. No reason to cross it off the list.

• Like 3

Throw in their goofy helmets too.

The British have always had goofy helmets.

I wouldnt mind the L85, just limited modularity compared to the M4, make it more common than the M4

Well we have "British assault packs" and "DPM" Boonie hats so Brits in country seems fine to me. Throw in their goofy helmets too.

mk6-1984-trials.jpg

How is that goofy? It looks like any other helmet to me ;D worn a bit far back mind, like a beanie. Don't think that's quite right.

Maybe use the more modern L85, the one with the new rail. The susat is pretty bad, the ACOG would be cool, maybe add some crashed wildcats, would makes sense then I guess. I mean the brits are working for the UN right now in cyprus, could fit somewhere in the story i guess. they added the AUG so to hell with it.

Edited by UMPClan

How is that goofy? It looks like any other helmet to me ;D worn a bit far back mind, like a beanie. Don't think that's quite right.

It doesn't have ear lumps!  It's like a stubby mushroom cap.

Maybe its from wearing the MICH helmet for the part of 7 years. The British helmets just seem awkward and too wide. I'm sure its for impact resistance but sill seems goofy compared to other helmets.

queen_with_l85-300x187.jpg

The helmet is OK.

I do like their camo, etc.

The rail should be an attachment, like the M4 quadrail, as only some SA80s have them.

airsoft_AGI_GG_L85rail_G.jpg

If there is an A1 and A2, A1 needs to jam like before it was sent to HK.

https://youtu.be/vyCkhp1Q-ws

Well I really don't know why you people like this gun so much(at the same time I don't know why I like the Thompson so much) though instead of it spawning at american crashes or some other random places, why not add British heli crashes. Spawns British weaponery, clothing, and other stuff. I was also thinking German crashes to spawning German weaponry, clothing, and other stuff mostly cause of confirmed fn fal and maybe upcoming g3.

Hello there

I *need* to have 60's and 70's kit.

NEED.

Rgds

LoK

PS. Ill also like the 85a1/a2 as long as it comes with plenty of attachments and the UK sighting system.

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

I was also thinking German crashes to spawning German weaponry, clothing, and other stuff mostly cause of confirmed fn fal and maybe upcoming g3.

Germany doesn't use the FN FAL, though. In fact you'd be more likely to see British-esque forces using a FAL-type rifle considering that the L1A1 was their standard service rifle for many years.

Germany doesn't use the FN FAL, though. In fact you'd be more likely to see British-esque forces using a FAL-type rifle considering that the L1A1 was their standard service rifle for many years.

then who does use the fal

the right arm of the free world.

but 90+ countries have had the FN FAL or a licensed variant in service.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Quite a few countries do, more than I can list here. If you ask me it'd probably make the most sense spawning in Chernarus bases but considering the whole 'west vs east' archetype I think the best fit for the FN FAL would just be at NATO crashsites.

I don't think we need specific helicopter crash site models for every country's equipment, as NATO and Eastern does the job fine, but I wouldn't mind having a few different models that spawned the same 'loot group', just for variety.

I think the FAL was not replaced, because it was a bad rifle, but because the NATO decided on a smaller caliber to reduce the weight the soldiers have to carry into battle. IDK how relevant this will be when the weight system is introduced, but I think it might make a difference; carrying the heavy mags is one concern. I'm a bit confused about the weight system, because I expect that my friends or I will run faster than the next man, simply because we have a different weapon loadout. Or won't weapons make a big difference in weight? They seem superlight at the moment (2kg).

I liked the BAF rifles in Arma II OA and later in the mods. It's a cool looking thing. I always had something going on for the bullpup design. And these rifles look old and shitty enough to fit in the Dayz universe. Wouldn't want to see Tavor SAR or FN SCAR, even though these are probably my favorite rifle designs. Just too modern for Dayz ^^ 

• Like 1

It's a neat gun, I wouldn't mind seeing it. Having said that, the AUG probably fills whatever gap the L85 would - though that's no reason not to include it.

There are UK assault vests, so there's precedent for British weapons. I wouldn't mind seeing British army uniforms and other equipment. Maybe only spawning at crash sites.

The UK offloads a lot of old equipment to other nations, for example there's a lot of DPM and MTP being used in Ukraine atm.

• Like 1