Sign in to follow this  
Elvis 22222222

Adjust loot spawns

Please increase the availability of food, drink, clothing, and weapons in Day z. Although I understand this game to be survival genre, there is not nearly enough surviving. After watching several characters in a row die of a variation between dehydration and most prevalent, starvation I feel this must be immediately adjusted.

As customers, we bought this game to fight zombies and other players to survive. This idea works great.... if any of us had anything to kill each other with or even, for...

Please keep in mind that its better to have a little to much loot then not enough loot as it severely hurts the players experience ruining around not finding anything and dying. It is not fun to run around picking apples for 20 minutes, not fun dying with out finding any gear, and not fun not having anything to kill the other guy with. 

Please up-vote this

sent it to the devs as soon as possible 

Please increase the availability of food, drink, clothing, and weapons in Day z. Although I understand this game to be survival genre, there is not nearly enough surviving. After watching several characters in a row die of a variation between dehydration and most prevalent, starvation I feel this must be immediately adjusted.

As customers, we bought this game to fight zombies and other players to survive. This idea works great.... if any of us had anything to kill each other with or even, for...

Please keep in mind that its better to have a little to much loot then not enough loot as it severely hurts the players experience ruining around not finding anything and dying. It is not fun to run around picking apples for 20 minutes, not fun dying with out finding any gear, and not fun not having anything to kill the other guy with. 

Please up-vote this

sent it to the devs as soon as possible  

well, i'm not agree with 90% of what you said.

i think dayz mean to be harsh and i like where the devs are going with this game, and that is why dayz is a hardcore game. after all it's a survival game (the core mechanic of the game should be focused on surviving and not pvp or even pve). food should be a challenge, diseases should be a challenge, even the weather, it's not just about killing. dayz is a unique game which isn't about gear up and kill, it's about how long you can survive.

ofc, the game is not complete yet so it can not bring this experience atm, the whole loot system is a very early version which get better over time.

i think we should be able to find basic stuff like matches or seeds or other tools where we spawn or a town ahead in order to survive but it only come when the loot system is more complete(like spawning item logic and so).

but don't expect to find a weapon easy in this game, not anymore anyway. this is vanilla dayz, you should search a couple of days in order to find a mosin imo.

for all who can't handle vanilla dayz,  there would be modding so they can play games like epoch or maybe an Chernarus life (who knows :D)

Edited by VahidkinG

-deep inhalation of breath-

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

-serious- This update has been a long time coming. You really aren't supposed to be running around with AKMs, full Ghillies, and 4 75rnd drum mags blazing 24/7. Is it awesome that you can do that after a long time surviving, working towards that equipment? Yeah, but don't expect to do it very often, and for "no reason".

Because the fields need a'hoeing, and the clan from the next hill over has been skulking around. Maybe you need to go over there and teach them a thing or two....

• Like 3

Atleast we get to look forward to threads like this one once stamina and movement speed is lowered.

• Like 2

Atleast we get to look forward to threads like this one once stamina and movement speed is lowered.

OH god i think ill avoid the forums completely, i am to angry a person to endure...

To the op i am sure the loot tables will get adjusted , a fix here a fix there more testing how little food can we give them till they all die, how much starter gear like hoe,s seed basic tools do we need to give them to give them a good fighting chance to survive.

Loot will go up and down but i doubt we will ever see it (except maybe in future mods) go back to pre .55 levels.

Edited by SoulFirez

yeah pls insert this ingame. i like the idea of having 1-2 hours to play a game at night, and keep running(sorry walking) around for the whole time. THAT FUN!

i rly like the idea of walkingsimulator!

lets also put this ingame: while respawning, you have instantly a virus. you still spawn at the east coast, while the devs still want you to walk inland (no spawnpoints around the whole map, that would be silly, just still spawn at coast without beeing able to loot. casual friendly game inc.). and here comes the clue! with this virus you only have 5 minutes to live! to make it hardcore survival, the only antivirus is in the very far west of the map!

Edited by newguyzombie

-deep inhalation of breath-

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

-serious- This update has been a long time coming. You really aren't supposed to be running around with AKMs, full Ghillies, and 4 75rnd drum mags blazing 24/7. Is it awesome that you can do that after a long time surviving, working towards that equipment? Yeah, but don't expect to do it very often, and for "no reason".

Because the fields need a'hoeing, and the clan from the next hill over has been skulking around. Maybe you need to go over there and teach them a thing or two....

I bought the game because of the mod... not farming simulator 

Perfectly fine with that... but as it is with a full 40 minutes to find food with bike speed... we're still dying

Wow, I just posted in stable branch asking  if the super loot piles are still among us.. than i just decided to check suggestions and here this dude post just confirmed that for me LOL but he isnt to impressed hahaa I love it.

THANK shits the loot is hard to get again ! 

yeah pls insert this ingame. i like the idea of having 1-2 hours to play a game at night, and keep running(sorry walking) around for the whole time. THAT FUN!

i rly like the idea of walkingsimulator!

lets also put this ingame: while respawning, you have instantly a virus. you still spawn at the east coast, while the devs still want you to walk inland (no spawnpoints around the whole map, that would be silly, just still spawn at coast without beeing able to loot. casual friendly game inc.). and here comes the clue! with this virus you only have 5 minutes to live! to make it hardcore survival, the only antivirus is in the very far west of the map!

This is not the game for you right now.

Maybe come back when modding starts.

Perfectly fine with that... but as it is with a full 40 minutes to find food with bike speed... we're still dying

WIP broseph.

While I don't envision them making food ever easy to find again I am sure the final solution gives the player challenge while not being outright impossible either.

This is not the game for you right now.

Maybe come back when modding starts.

thats why im not playing anymore

• Like 1

I am running round in a town right now, food everywhere. I just found a sword immediately after finding a chainsaw. It two hits zombies!

There is food galore. Cows in the field. Cans of food and rice are plenty. I keep finding powdered milk in broken pickup trucks. There is soda-pop everywhere (gotta have my rasputin kvauss).

Basically you need to make a stone knife, make a bow, make some arrows, and travel inland to a non coastal city while killing any animals you see along the way for food (supposing you cannot get food at the coast). If the server you are on has absolutely no loot on it then try a different one. Some of them are like that.

I have food stored along with extra clothing and weapons. I just need to find that elusive leather sewing kit so I can finish my fancy leather suit.

P.S If you ever die of dehydration, you are not good at surviving at all. You can drink straight from well pumps which are located literally everywhere across the map. When you first spawn with full blood you can drink your fill from a dirty pond with low risk of cholera.

P.P.S If you find a shovel you can dig a plot in the forest (not sure if it works elsewhere) and instead of planting vegetables like some idiot might, just open inventory screen over the plot and collect the worms, and eat them all. You can even prepare them somehow but I haven't tried that yet on the count of I am a man and men eat worms when they are hungry and stuff.

Edited by FlimFlamm

It's not fun if you find everything you need within 10 minutes of playing and have nothing else to do than running around. A better way would be to adjust loot spawns according to player activity with high population servers spawning more than low population ones.

Also I think your if your character dies of (pure) starvation or dehydration in .55 you are doing something wrong: there are plenty of apple trees and berry bushes (yeah gathering is monoton but that's another story). I personally found exposure and zombies much more dangerous as those are the things that slowly wear you down.

Edited by Evil Minion

Apple trees, berry bushes, they are a-plenty... Sure, you need to eat a lot (A LOT!) to get from starving to energized, but apples also hydrate you which is great.

Water? Wells aren't that scarce if you're not in a rush to go somewhere.

All and all, now, it's the zombies that scare me, that, and the lack of ammo, notice how you can get gorka stuff much easier? Use those extra pockets for food, shovels, hoes, hatchets, pick the portable stoves up, not gunz. Remember, the guy in front of you that has all the guns has a blurred vision, doesn't see color, and is drawing zombies to him. Use stealth, move like a fox, and you'll end up picking up the gun you wanted on his freshly zombied corpse.

I am running round in a town right now, food everywhere. I just found a sword immediately after finding a chainsaw. It two hits zombies!

There is food galore. Cows in the field. Cans of food and rice are plenty. I keep finding powdered milk in broken pickup trucks. There is soda-pop everywhere (gotta have my rasputin kvauss).

Basically you need to make a stone knife, make a bow, make some arrows, and travel inland to a non coastal city while killing any animals you see along the way for food (supposing you cannot get food at the coast). If the server you are on has absolutely no loot on it then try a different one. Some of them are like that.

I have food stored along with extra clothing and weapons. I just need to find that elusive leather sewing kit so I can finish my fancy leather suit.

P.S If you ever die of dehydration, you are not good at surviving at all. You can drink straight from well pumps which are located literally everywhere across the map. When you first spawn with full blood you can drink your fill from a dirty pond with low risk of cholera.

P.P.S If you find a shovel you can dig a plot in the forest (not sure if it works elsewhere) and instead of planting vegetables like some idiot might, just open inventory screen over the plot and collect the worms, and eat them all. You can even prepare them somehow but I haven't tried that yet on the count of I am a man and men eat worms when they are hungry and stuff.

What game are you playing?

It's not fun if you find everything you need within 10 minutes of playing and have nothing else to do than running around. A better way would be to adjust loot spawns according to player activity with high population servers spawning more than low population ones.

Also I think your if your character dies of (pure) starvation or dehydration in .55 you are doing something wrong: there are plenty of apple trees and berry bushes (yeah gathering is monoton but that's another story). I personally found exposure and zombies much more dangerous as those are the things that slowly wear you down.

I agree its not fun finding everything in ten minutes. Honestly I like the scarcity of some weapons in the game and ammo..

I understand there are apples and berries but my questions is this.... do you actually want to spend time doing this?...  

I don't know about you, but here is my experience of the latest update.

Spawn fresh on a private server, so no hopping. I think the server belongs to a clan of some sort, but it isn't locked. However, they meet up at certain times in the day, so when I spawn a lot of stuff has been looted. At the end of my first session I had a Dry Bag, a Shotgun, warm clothing and a cow taser thingy. After my second I had a rifle, a pistol, a bag full of food, medical supplies, protective gear, military clothing, one of those knife jackets which carry stuff, spare ammo...

This build, IMO, is too easy. I can quite easily sneak around, and kill anything with my pistol if it spots me. The only thing left for me to do now is find proper military loot like machine guns etc.

As far as basic gear goes, I have everything except a tent and an axe.

Depends on what you mean by "doing this". If you mean getting to the regeneration states (energized, hydrated) and completely filling your belly by gathering - hell no. If you mean fighting off hunger as you move along looking for better food sources - yes of course. Spending time is just a natural requirement that sets you up for other things to happen like zombies or hostile players passing by or exposure/disease weakening you.

Something that should change is the actual way you spend this time. The current way of gathering is pretty monotone (spam F) and annoying ("I have not found a thing.") but it might even be enough to make it a continuous action with random drops (so you can combine scouting and gathering without having to restart the latter over and over). However, I believe the best way to do it would be some kind of minigame that diverts some attention while you also have to stay aware of your surroundings (naturally). MOBA players should know the "last hitting" minigame - gathering could work on similar principles.