Sign in to follow this  
Rough

Cars spawning 100% damaged/broken.

As of now, all cars spawn 100% damaged (If I am wrong, correct me on that). They are missing all 4 (or more) wheels and take a while to repair them.

If you are not playing in a big group or if you are less experienced player cars take quite a while to repair and a lot of players won't even bother repairing less valuable vehicles. 

So my proposal is:

Make low tier vehicles spawn with some wheels so people will have easier time repairing them. I'm not saying that cars should be 100% green and ready to drive.
Newer and less experienced players will have an easier time repairing cars that aren't completely broken and we will see more vehicles usage which IMO is nice and exciting.

I'm proposing this because I rarely see low tier cars driving around. IMO players think that low tier vehicles just aren't worth the hassle if they are completely broken.

Leave High end cars, trucks and helicopters completely broken. They offer a great advantage and should be hard to repair and maintain.

Discuss!

• Like 1

I say make them buildable and modular from the ground up, or vehicle frames of various sizes. More difficult, more interesting, more dynamic and versatile, more rewarding.

• Like 1

As of now, all cars spawn 100% damaged (If I am wrong, correct me on that). They are missing all 4 (or more) wheels and take a while to repair them.

If you are not playing in a big group or if you are less experienced player cars take quite a while to repair and a lot of players won't even bother repairing less valuable vehicles. 

So my proposal is:

Make low tier vehicles spawn with some wheels so people will have easier time repairing them. I'm not saying that cars should be 100% green and ready to drive.

Newer and less experienced players will have an easier time repairing cars that aren't completely broken and we will see more vehicles usage which IMO is nice and exciting.

I'm proposing this because I rarely see low tier cars driving around. IMO players think that low tier vehicles just aren't worth the hassle if they are completely broken.

Leave High end cars, trucks and helicopters completely broken. They offer a great advantage and should be hard to repair and maintain.

Discuss!

We have talked some about this and many think it would be a great idea. I know this can be done within the db but a adjustment from the developers would be even greater so all servers can benefit from it, if they think it's a good idea.

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 1

We have talked some about this and many think it would be a great idea. I know this can be done within the db but a adjustment from the developers would be even greater so all servers can benefit from it, if they think it's a good idea.

Theirs no models to justify us even looking at doing this for now.

It wont be at all real for us to be able to build an suv or a bike from the current game modes. Look at all the moaning when we said we was going to be able to build attachments.

If i get models then we should be able to do something.

It wont be at all real for us to be able to build an suv or a bike from the current game modes. Look at all the moaning when we said we was going to be able to build attachments.

Oh, I think you misunderstood me, I meant this: 

Make low tier vehicles spawn with some wheels so people will have easier time repairing them.

Cheers

Oh, I think you misunderstood me, I meant this: 

Make low tier vehicles spawn with some wheels so people will have easier time repairing them.

Cheers

Oh ok yea you dont need me to do that its just mysql info you guys can do that and share it :-).

I think i've started the mysql layout to make vehicles spawn with hitpoints set take a look in the object_spawns.sql.

• Like 1

"When we was" sounds like your from my neck of the woods

Its pretty easy to implement the whole hitpoints on spawn thing, I've already done it and I don't know dick about SQL.

In object_spawns there's a "hitpoints" field. If you want your vehicle to spawn in with 100% damage, set the numbers in "hitpoints" to "1". If you want your vehicles spawning in with all green components, set the hitpoints values to 0.

If you want them spawning in with 50% damage, set them to 0.5.

Took me about an hour of experimentation to figure this out, and about 10minutes to implement it. Been working fine for days now.

big things you need to lay down only in the backpack, and not being able to lay down the things that take up more than 3 cell inventory, there is a backpack to carry it back if necessary, and keeping weight on the running speed, endurance

Only problem I can see from this suggestion (which is a good one), is that the vehicles spawning with wheels etc.. would become farming sources for parts by the groups, then you would be back to how it is now, except those with the vehicles will be gaining easy parts without having to go hunting for them. Salavage the parts, destroy the vehicle wait for respawn, rinse and repeat.

Only problem I can see from this suggestion (which is a good one), is that the vehicles spawning with wheels etc.. would become farming sources for parts by the groups, then you would be back to how it is now, except those with the vehicles will be gaining easy parts without having to go hunting for them. Salavage the parts, destroy the vehicle wait for respawn, rinse and repeat.

This suggestion was already implemented to great success IMO since cars are now easier to find, repair and drive around by less exp. players. However there was also new script added which makes vehicle spawn kinda random which is also great and eliminates the problem you write about almost completely.

It is also really rare that you find a car which is in such a good condition that you will be able to salvage anything from it. Vehicle part damage is random.

I am not saying it is a bad idea, just saying that there may a problem if parts could be salvaged

In standard Vanilla, vehicle component damage is not random, unless the server has a custom pMain script.

pMain (the sql routine responsible for spawning new vehicles) does have a random component for hull damage which is easily enabled/disabled, but this is NOT applied to component/part damage - the default pMain gives all newly spawned vehicles specific component damage according to the default hitpoints in the "object_spawn" table.

Basically if a server is running the standard pMain, vehicle component damage is not random.

However it's super easy to set low-tier vehicles to 50% default component damage across the board and low fuel, so they will be driveable but their components can't be salvaged, meaning the low level vehicles can't be farmed for easy access to parts. They also won't be able to suffer much damage before requiring repair.

This is what I do on AU36 for almost all ground vehicles.

Edited by jnas

In standard Vanilla, vehicle component damage is not random, unless the server has a custom pMain script.

pMain (the sql routine responsible for spawning new vehicles) does have a random component for hull damage which is easily enabled/disabled, but this is NOT applied to component/part damage - the default pMain gives all newly spawned vehicles specific component damage according to the default hitpoints in the "object_spawn" table.

Basically if a server is running the standard pMain, vehicle component damage is not random.

However it's super easy to set low-tier vehicles to 50% default component damage across the board and low fuel, so they will be driveable but their components can't be salvaged, meaning the low level vehicles can't be farmed for easy access to parts. They also won't be able to suffer much damage before requiring repair.

This is what I do on AU36 for almost all ground vehicles.

Not sure what pmain your talking about the new one shipped with 1.8.6 has a full random system for damage/hitpoints/inventory