Sign in to follow this  
8bit_Survivor

Shaking Hands w/Compass & Binoculars only?

Whenever I hold my compass or look through my binoculars I am shaking violently. My gun also shakes when crouched, as seen through 1P camera. Aiming/raising the weapon does not result in shaking.

I have done every medical treatment

available. I am not hungry, cold, injured, hot...nothing. I am hydrated, energized and healthy.

Relog didn't work. Going to test a new char and see if it still happens. Character bug?

Friend of mine had the same thing when he tried scouting with binoculars. Shaking uncontrollably with no cold indicator in inventory view.

Pretty shure you got "the shakes". I do not know how it works or what the involved stats are. But do try sitting on a fire for a little bit and tell us what happened.

It's the cold bug, you need fire to warm you to get rid of it. I have it for the past 4 days and can't find flares or matches anywhere, don't wanna start a new character as that would be easy then.

Have you been eating human meat?

Eating human meat can give you Kuru, which makes you laugh/cry uncontrollably and shake. It's not like the cold shakes (Which is shivery and more of a vibrating shake.) but almost like someone is thwacking your gun really hard every couple seconds.

I have done every medical treatment

available. I am not hungry, cold, injured, hot...nothing. I am hydrated, energized and healthy.

I see that you already got your solution, but for future reference: not all "issues" are noted with a status indicator in your inventory screen, or even status messages (text) in the corner of your screen. If you fall within a safe range of temperature, there will be no status indicator even if it is affecting you (such as "the shakes"). Similarly, one or several of your limbs can be in pain without displaying any sort of status message; you'll know this by the shaking and the fact that your character will make a painful noise ("Oww!") upon logging in to a server.

• Like 1