Sign in to follow this  
Keck

Buff melee weapons

So as the title says, this is a thread about buffing melee weapons. Why? Welll, because it is kind of rediculous how bad most melee weapons are. I guess we can agree that it shouldn't take 5 hits with a cleaver to down a man.

However, you have to have some sort of balance, you can't just make a knife as strong as the current firefighter axe. So here are my suggestions:

Knifes: When stabbing high damage output, high attack speed, 100% of bleeding, possibility to onehit kill (stabbing in the throat/eye?). Downside however is obviously the range and the lack of a push back/knock down ability.

Bladed: Sounds and looks familiar to the knifes, but with this I mean stuff like the machete, or, should they be properly added, swords, maybe dismantled scythes. Stabbing depends on what it is, like a sword would deal big damage when stabbing, a machete rather not. When swinging they'd be able to cut off limbs, but AFAIK that won't appear in the game, you could simulate it with some kind of "uber-fracture".

Blunt Weapons: As blunt I see baseball bats, Metal pipes, maybe firewood logs and stuff like that. They'd have a wide variety of characteristics, as a baseball bat is faster to swing than the Wrench Pipe, but also has a slightly lesser chance of breaking bones. A hit to the head however should always knock your target down and have like 30%-ish chance of knocking him unconscious. Those weapons should, depending on which specifically used, kill in like 3-4 hits, but have a ca.70% of breaking limbs.

Axes: Well, basically an upgraded blunt weapon, just with a higher chance to cause bleeding. 1-2 hits to kill, head"shots" always lethal.

Long Weapons: Those are spears, hayforks, rifles with (working) bayonnets etc. A big pro of course is the big range, which can help you keeping a distance between you and your opponent. Another positive aspect about those thingies is the high attack speed, when stabbing. Swinging could be added as a secondary attack, like a weak blunt weapon, but definitely is not a must-have, Those long weapons should deal enormous damage when stabbing a target, as you practically impale him, of course depending on the quality (spear with knife as tip vs. sharpened stick).

Electric stuff: Here it is. Stun batons, tazers, cattle prods and so on. Well, depending on the strenght of the shock it gives you, maybe knock you down and cause some weird jerking, or only make you pull back you hand.

So, this it, thanks if you actually read the entire thing, and hopefully reply  :)

• Like 1